Maternal & Child Community
Taking Progesterone for first 10 days of the month?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I was not told what my Progesterone levels were except that they are fine.  But I am now on it for the 1st 10 days of the month because the doctor thinks I may not be ovulating.  I have my cylce far more often that not.  Sometimes 3 weeks with it and 3-4 days without.  The bleeding is heavy with cramps and bloating.  But there seems to be little time to recover.  
Is this the wisest decision to be on potentially cancer causing Progesterone for up to a year to help this problem?
I don't think progesterone is a potential cancer causing hormone specially not in a natural form. This is news to me. The dr told you to apply it 10 days only? why?