Maternal & Child Community
Taking baths while pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Taking baths while pregnant?

I'm pretty sure that this has been asked numerous times before, but can you take a bath while pregnant as long as it's not steaming hot? Thanks.
Yes you can take a bath, as long as it ain't hot, nice warm temp
Yes-I take baths all the time. Rarely take a shower in the winter. I love my baths and wouldn't give them up for anything. I just make sure they're not too hot.
I take a bath every night.  I did with my first pregnancy, too.  My sister-in-law was seeing a high risk doctor due to repeated miscarriages and he told her to absolutely not take a bath, but that didn't stop me.  My doctor thinks it is fine and it was fine the first time.  It is one of the only times I relax and feel comfortable!
i take a bath every morning an keep the water very warm but i use less water in the tub so when i'm relaxing the water is not covering my entire stomach...my OB office has never said i should not take baths but rather said they continued to take warm baths during their pregnancies...soaking in a bath can be very relaxing, especially in pregnancy:)
I took baths up until the day I tried to get up out of the tub and could not. hahah
It's perfectly fine to take a bath thats around your body temperature and as long as your membranes haven't ruptured.  I asked my doc to be sure and that's what she told me :) I think the only problem for most of us will be getting out of the tub later on lol :)
I take baths all the time, and I make them as warm as I can stand.  It can't get as hot as a sauna so I was told by my doctors to not worry.  It helps with my cramping and aches and pains sooo much.  And it makes shaving a hella lot easier!  lol
I love baths but was able to give them up during pregnancy because I like em HOT! My doctor's office sent home a paper saying that 100 degrees is  the warmest you should have bath water when pregnant!
According to my OB, it is completely safe (they even encourage baths for relaxation at the end of pregnancy ... my sister-in-law swears that you should not bathe toward the end of pregnancy because it increases the likelihood of infection, but my OB office - all seven doctors - disagree with this statement and encourage baths to relax you because it ultimately relaxes the baby). I have taken TONS during this pregnancy, and everything is progressing very well. You can take warm baths, but they recommend against hot baths because they aren't sure what the extreme heat does to the blood flow inside of you going to the baby. I was also advised to limit my usage of bubble bath as well, but I take baths at least a couple of times a week to relax because of the back pain and everything else that comes along with pregnancy! ;0)
I'm 36 weeks and i have a hot bath everyday.  Although, because i like them hot, i do what one of the other ladies mentioned and fill up my bath so that it never goes over my bump, just so its not too hot for him.
I love taking baths., Im 37 weeks..JUST DONT SLIP !!!
The warm water will get the baby moving also.
taking a bath while in labor is also the best thing in the world. You can safely take a bath during pg or in labor as long as your water doesn't break.
actually, taking a bath or laboring in a tub even after your water breaks is still okay. Water does not travel up the vaginal vault during labor, due to the uterine contractions working to push something out. I am a labor and delivery nurse and we have women labor in a tub after their water breaks quite often, with no ill effects on the mother or child.