Maternal & Child Community
Tear in placenta

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Tear in placenta

I was told I have a tear in my placenta and I have read in different forums that all the women were put on bed rest for this. I am very active and my doctor knows I workout daily. I am wondering why I was never told to slow down. Does anyone know of people who have had this problem and not been on bedrest or should I be checking with my doc again?
I dont know much about this but I do know that a small tear can become a big tear without the appropriate precautions.  I would call your doctor and  cut out the working out and take it very easy to avoid possibly devastating complications.  
I agree with Spade.  Check with your doc again.  

I strongly suggest that you speak with your physician about this. I was informed that I had a small tear in my placenta when I was 7weeks and six days pregnant. My physician told me that the tear was common. I lost our baby at 33 weeks. The final determination has not been made, but my doctor has suggested that an abruption occured as a result of the tear. Do what you feel necessary, but given the chance to do it all over again, I would take every precautionary measure and put myself on bedrest.
i found out on the 13th that i was 7weeks and 6 days and my doctor just told me no sex no house work no lifting basically nothing till i go back on the 6th of next month....i am so stressed out i feel like he should have put me on bed rest just to make sure me and the baby will be ok. cuz if i loose this baby this will be number 3 for me and i dont think i want to go through that again.
I went to the doctor's today and found out im 9 weeks and 2 days pregnant, my doctor told me today that I have some bleeding in my placenta due to a small tear. She told me not to worry and that this is normal, but i am so scared, this is my second pregnancy and had no problems with the first one, i'm not allowed to lift or have sex for four weeks until my next ultrasound. I don't know wheather to worry or not worry.
I have a tear in my placenta caused from a fall when I was chasing my three year old. I have not been treated kindly by the ER in my area, nor the on call doctor for the maternity ward. They act like I am over exaggerating my circumstances.
I have read extensively things that can cause the tears and what is recomended. How is your pregnancy coming? I am only 8wks 6 days. I put myself on bedrest because noone else seemed to care. I also read that around 24 to 35 weeks a woman with a tear should consider steriod shots for their baby, so if it is delivered early they will be able to breath on their own. I am going to make sure I get the care I need for me and my baby. I am the babies only voice. Please let me know how this has gone for you. I need some help dealing. Thanks.