Tear in placenta
I was told I have a tear in my placenta and I have read in different forums that all the women were put on bed rest for this. I am very active and my doctor knows I workout daily. I am wondering why I was never told to slow down. Does anyone know of people who have had this problem and not been on bedrest or should I be checking with my doc again?
I dont know much about this but I do know that a small tear can become a big tear without the appropriate precautions.  I would call your doctor and  cut out the working out and take it very easy to avoid possibly devastating complications.  
I agree with Spade.  Check with your doc again.  

I strongly suggest that you speak with your physician about this. I was informed that I had a small tear in my placenta when I was 7weeks and six days pregnant. My physician told me that the tear was common. I lost our baby at 33 weeks. The final determination has not been made, but my doctor has suggested that an abruption occured as a result of the tear. Do what you feel necessary, but given the chance to do it all over again, I would take every precautionary measure and put myself on bedrest.
i found out on the 13th that i was 7weeks and 6 days and my doctor just told me no sex no house work no lifting basically nothing till i go back on the 6th of next month....i am so stressed out i feel like he should have put me on bed rest just to make sure me and the baby will be ok. cuz if i loose this baby this will be number 3 for me and i dont think i want to go through that again.
I went to the doctor's today and found out im 9 weeks and 2 days pregnant, my doctor told me today that I have some bleeding in my placenta due to a small tear. She told me not to worry and that this is normal, but i am so scared, this is my second pregnancy and had no problems with the first one, i'm not allowed to lift or have sex for four weeks until my next ultrasound. I don't know wheather to worry or not worry.
I have a tear in my placenta caused from a fall when I was chasing my three year old. I have not been treated kindly by the ER in my area, nor the on call doctor for the maternity ward. They act like I am over exaggerating my circumstances.
I have read extensively things that can cause the tears and what is recomended. How is your pregnancy coming? I am only 8wks 6 days. I put myself on bedrest because noone else seemed to care. I also read that around 24 to 35 weeks a woman with a tear should consider steriod shots for their baby, so if it is delivered early they will be able to breath on their own. I am going to make sure I get the care I need for me and my baby. I am the babies only voice. Please let me know how this has gone for you. I need some help dealing. Thanks.