Teething & Fever
I have a quick question.  My baby has been running a low-grade fever (between 99.5-100.5) for a week.  Could that be from teething.  She did have an elevated white blood count a week and a half ago but it was going down.  I am sure that she is teething as she is drooling non-stop and always has everything in her mouth.  I know that the fever can be from her being sick (she has had pneumonia for 2 months) but I am just wondering if it could also be teething.  I just didnt know if you would run a fever that long from teething.  Thanks.
I've read that fever and diarrhea during teething is just  a myth but I have friends that swear by it.  My DD has been teething for 5 months and she still has not cut a tooth.  She's had buckets of drool and knaws on anything and everything-she's almost 9 mo!!!  A rectal temp will always be higher than underarm or forehead...A rectal of 100.4 or high is a fever that needs to be dealt with.  I'm sorry your baby has been so sick!
The temp I gave was taken under her arm.  My girl already has her two bottom teeth and i think she is getting the top ones.  I really want the fever to be from teething and not because her white count is still high.  She has been sick for so long.  We are going to a specialist now and they have not been able to help much either.  Has anyone else had a child that had pneumonia for such an extended amount of time or was just constantly sick.  My daugther is 6 months old.  Thanks.