Teething 5 month old
Hi,I just wanted to see what the best thing is to give a teething baby she is 5 months old and taking it really bad I have tried the rings, gel, Tylenol.is there anything else??
When my eldest was teething my father (our dentist) prescribed paragoric for the pain. It numbs that baby's gums then puts him to sleep. It totally worked well for us....
I found that the teething tablets work pretty well and they just desolve on the baby's tongue. Tylenol is good for the pain but is easy to form a dependency on so I wouldn't recommend using it too much. Too much use can cause liver damage too.
Paregoric is a morphine derivative, I think a mixture of opium and camphor.  (No wonder the baby went to sleep!)  I'd be careful in asking for it specifically, and if the doctor suggests it, ask about things like potential allergies and hyper-vigilant on the dose.  We used Tylenol, and ice in a washcloth, for our son, and they seemed to help as much as anything can.
tylenol and the teething tablets worked the best.  a frozen washcloth worked too.  ive been told to not give anything that numbs, and id stay away from that prescribed medication listed above.   never give anything like that without consulting with your ped too.  

like anniebrook said, it all can help just so much.
About things that numb............pertykitty is right it's not good for the baby. My little sister swallowed her tongue when she was a baby because of the numbing orajel.
Baby Tylenol and a very cold washcloth helped my little one. My baby also wanted to chew on everything so we got her Sophie the Giraffe. She loves it when she is teething or not!
I'm with perty on this one, I used tylenol coupled with hyland's tablets.  I didn't like the orajel, it never worked for Jayden plus it hardens their gums and makes it harder for the teeth to cut through.