Maternal & Child Community
Teething...and side effects...when does it end?????

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Okay, I am at my wit's end with my daughter.  First 2 bottom teeth she fussed 2 days that was it.  Now it has been 4 weeks of hell....crying every night in the middle of the night, bad diaper rash, stuffy nose, diareaha, etc.  How long can it take for top 2 to come in?  Does this get any better?  I give her infant Motrin and read it can cause allergic reaction (ie rashes)  So now I am giving her Tylenol, which only lasts 4 hours.  This stinks!
i know what you mean. my daughters bedtime is at 9pm every night and every night for the past couple weeks or so she's been waking up crying and staying up until about 1am. i'm at my wits end too and don't know wha to do. she's 5 months and hasn't gotten any teeth in yet! grrr.. i hate teething
Hi, Sue.  I know what you're talking about.  We had the same thing: Ariella fussed for a few days and then we saw her first two teeth.  Her upper two teeth were hell for us as well.  She's still getting more teeth and the poor baby is not getting any break in between.  She's also got stuffy nose, constipation instead of diarrhea, she's constantly cranky.  It took her 8 weeks (approximately) to get her upper front teeth (after the bottom two).  She's now getting her upper neighboring teeth to the centals AND her lower canines.  Like I said, she's not getting any break and neither are we.  I'm SOOOO exhausted!  Sorry, no advice for you here but I know what you're going through.  Ariella hates her teething ring but does chew on everything else.
My little one had only a few days of problems with his bottom teeth, but the top two are also causing him big trouble.  I don't know how long it will last.

My oldest got his top two teeth first and didn't have any fussing.  He is 2.5 years old and still doesn't have one of the bottom front four (2nd to the left is missing still).

omg!!  i am sooo excited for you.  maybe this means i am right behind you.  i am trying!!!  congratuations.  :)
Geeeze, my dd has been cutting the SAME tooth for over 2 weeks. First came the hole and then the tooth. It's just sitting there though. Hasn't come all the way through. I feel like everyday is hell for us. She's 9mo and her first tooth. I love the little bags that you can put an ice cube in. She Loves to suck about 10 in a row. Other than that, try rotating Motrin & Tylenol, I think one is 4 hrs and one is 6hrs. My neighbor says you can piggy back them. Good luck!! My dd just turned 9mo's and I found out yesterday I'm pg again!! Yippeee!!
Well, a big congrats!!! I don't know how y'all do it with a little one, I am sooo exhausted and cannot even think of another until I get some sleep again (it may be never)--well, I am sure her sibling will be her bestest friend!!

What's your due date??
5 months is a bit early for teething.  Do you think it might be something else, like a growth spurt?
Big fat thanks!!! Yippeee, well, I haven't slept in the last 9 months, why start now??  Lily is actually on my lap right now. She won't let me put her down. I swear it's that dumb one tooth! Jifnif, yeah, hurry up girl, dd is March 12th!
Decogrl, take a nap and jump on the bandwagon :) hee hee hee....
I don't think it is good to rotate Motrin and Tylenol...something about that rings a bell that it is bad for the kidney.  Please check w/ pediatrician b4 ever doing it.
deco....you might as well forget sleeping for like 10 years!!  haha, i agree jump on and do it again!!!

kelly....what a great due date!!!  just in time for spring.  i wish you a healthy happy 9mths!!!  i look forward to the updates!!  
Kelly!!!!  Yay!!!  I'm with decogrl on this one.  I'm so excited for you.  You've got the guts!  I'm so exhausted that #2 is NOT what I'm thinking right now.  Keep us updated!!
Yippee, We are nut cases (but I'm not getting any younger) I just turned 34 last week....I'm pretty sure you are a bit  younger than me.  I've already broke the news to Lily, she's distraught , ha ha ha... My DH is on his way home from the Keys. I think everyone knows but him :( Oh Well.... I'll let him tell his mom :)
Hey there!  we're the same age:)  Well, I will be 34 in November.  We talked about getting pregnant before 36, but man, I don't have the patience---I feel like I have aged 10 years this past year---I guess I had a harrowing experience as a first time mom....colic, etc---I think Me2mommy2b  can relate...by the way what is your name  Me2mommy2b you know my name:)
Kelly- I'll be 29 in November.
Decogrl-My name's Marianna :)))