Temperature drop
Hello again.. my name is Robin.  This is my second time to post a question.  I have been checking my basal body temperature every morning since ovulation.. it has been from 98 degrees to 98.3  with one day 98.4 ever since then; except for this morning.  It was almost an hour earlier than usual when I woke and tested and it was 97.6.  It is four days until Af is due.  Does that mean this cycle is a bust, or can I still be pregnant?

Thanks,
Robin
i think i am miss reading your post. you said..."I have been checking my basal body temp every day since ovulation."

you should really check it EVERY day.
that being said....no one temperature can indicate anything it is a patern that you should look for.

you might try checking out fertilityfriend.com it is very good at explaining the process and even lets you post your chart there and see other charts.  if you chart on that sight they can help you find your base line and pinpoint the exact day you ovulate.

good luck
~nanci
Thanks Nanci.. I have already done that.. I used an OPK this month and started taking my temperature right  before and right after ovulation to see the rise in temperature.. It was there, so I knew I ovulated.  I am sad to say that my temperature dropped again this morning to 97.2.. and I started my period three days early..  that makes this a 24 day cycle.  The shortest one I've ever had..since I'm older, I wonder if this is something I should be concerned about?  My luteal phase was only 12 days..  What do you think?

Thanks,
Robin
One drop isn't anything to worry about or write off a hopeful cycle. I did not get a dip when I implanted, but did several days later followed by a 3rd rise and then stayed high. The hr may have made a bit of a difference, too. If temp is back up tomorrow, it's a good sign. I've been temping for more than 20 yrs. Trust me, one "off" temp doesn't ruin a great chart.
You should be checking your temerature every day like nanakay said to fully understand your cycle. You usually have a temerature drop if you are pregnant 7-8 days after ovulation. Although your luteal phase is short so you dont have as much of a chance as a person with a 14 day but it shouldnt affect your chances dramatically is you are healthy. If you started your period and it was much lighter than normal or unlike any other i would take a hpt just to be sure. Good Luck!

**seansmama
I have been charting my temps for only two cycles but this cycle I had a temp drop two days after ovulation. This is called a temperature fallback and my Dr. said that it is normal as long as the temps continue to be high. This does not have anything to do with not being able to conceive. I just wanted to share.
Thank you so much for posting that!  I find that to be comforting, since I had a dip in my temp. this morning and I ovulated 7 days ago.  I am very hopeful that after two years of trying, I may actually become pregnant this time.  I will try to update in a couple of weeks when I find out for sure.  Thanks to everyone for all your help.

GOOD LUCK & BABY DUST!!!!