The 'power' of one?
Hey-just returned from the doctor.  I'm starting my 38th week today and I am dialated 1 cm.  What was your experiene/timeline in progressing once the process started?  I had a third degree tear with my DD, coupled with awful PPD and ended up nearly getting divorced in the process...I'm worried about letting this baby get too big.  My dr. says that once I am to an 'induceable stage' he is open to induction if that is what I want to do.  I go again next Tuesday.  Should I expect to be further dialated, or will this 'one' hang around for a bit?
Well I had my dd (6 wks) on the 38th wk.She was my 3rd so I knew I was gonna go in early.I had my membraines swept on tues. started cramping not to bad...walked,walked & walked until Sat. I started getting alot of BH & then I lost my plug.I went shopping....bad idea I know.....& CONTRACTION! I went into the L&D & I was already 5-6.I delivered on 7/28 at 3:56 am.I had PPD with my 2nd but not with my 3rd.So just relax.I also tore....she was face up & was stuck.I pushed for 45 min & out she came.Good luck & Take care.