Maternal & Child Community
This is normal right?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

This is normal right?

i'm 24 weeks pregnant. are contractions that are kinda painful normal?

Story:
since satuday i hadnt felt the baby move hardly at all and i was having really bad cramps. i called the doctor monday and told them what was going on. they told me to come in and get checked out. before i could get to the office, they called and told me to just keep going and go to the hospital and to labor and delivery. they set me up with what i now know as a stress test and we heard his heartbeat! whoo. not so much worried. i could hear him move on the monitor however couldnt feel him really.

the doctor comes in and says well his heartbeat is strong however your having contractions. she said what i was feeling wasnt and isnt cramps its contractions. they did that swab and it said i wasnt going to go into labor in the next two weeks. ok good. however she told me we still needed to find out why i was cramping. they said sometimes women can get irrated and cramp and sometimes are dehydrated and can cramp. so they hooked me up with an IV and went thru about 1 1/2 bags. still having contractions however not as bad. they sent me home. i got home and felt about 2 painful contractions.

im still having them today. i wanna make sure everythings ok. does anyone else go thru this. i read that BH contractions are short and dont hurt. mine are not that short and come pretty offten and are slightly painful.

my next doctors apointment is monday. should i call them again and tell them im still having contractions?
Sounds like you need to be on bedrest. This hasn't happened to me, but a friend of mine had the baby start to come down early and she also started contractions early. She ended up in bed for the rest of the pregnancy to keep things from progressing. I would definitely get clarification from your doc on this immediately. You don't want to go into premature labor.
I would give them a call and let them know whats going on.  They my want to put you back on the moniter for awhile.  Good Luck and keep us updated.
You shouldn't be having painful contractions so early in pregnancy.  I'd call them again to see if they can see you earlier just to make sure all's well.  Good luck.
I have been having them for almost 5 weeks now and my doctor still isnt doing anything about it.  You can give them a call, maybe your doctor will be a little more concerned then mine.
I was wondering where you were. I put up a post asking if anyone had heard from you. Glad to know baby is okay but these contractions don't sound good. I think u should call or go back for sure. especially if they get worst too.....

Does ne one know the survival chances of a baby if she were to deliver this early. God forbid she does?!
im hoping they stop and if not by tomorrow then i will go in and see whats what at the doctors.maybe im contracting still today from last night and yesterday.
its though cuz other women have said they have had contractions for their pregnancys and it was normal. sometimes them being stronger than others.i dont think it was much of a concern to them because i wasnt dialated or anything so theres no threat or something.
Keep in good contact with your docter aand at any time if you are in doubt- go to L&D. They can stop your contractions from coming if they think you are going into labor. My friend had this and delivered her son at 25 weeks because it went ignored by her docter. Baby only weighed 1 lb 9 ounces. Yes he 7 years old today, but lets just say its been a long 7 years!