Maternal & Child Community
Threatened Miscarriage

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Threatened Miscarriage

I am 7 weeks now and I started bleeding over the weekend and went for an ultrasound today and my dr said that my cervix is not opened and the heartbeat is 102 right now, sending me for more tests........also said the baby is only developed at 6 weeks????  Is this ok?????
You'll need to get a repeat ultrasound to see if the baby is progressing and maybe get your levels checked to make sure that they aren't going down. Anytime there is bleeding in pregnancy they consider it a threatened miscarriage and basically give it a 50-50 chance of pulling threw. I'm sorry that you are having to go threw all this please keep us updated.
I had one similar with a positive ending. I started bleeding at 7 weeks went in for a sono. The heartbeat was 90. I  ended up having a healthy baby girl.
Avatar n tn
Thank you for the encouraging comments!  Very nervous being the first pregnancy.  Go back to have levels checked in 2 days, and then another ultrasound.  Thanks again!