Tightening in my belly causing shortness of breath. Braxton hicks? 36 weeks / Open
I thought i was sure what Braxton hicks were because I had them early on (19 wks) and thought I knew what they felt like. But now I'm getting these feelings that are causing shortness of breath. It doesnt happen all the time, only when I'm very active like walking up the stairs (which at this point is considered very active for me..lol) speed walking (bad habit) cleaning, etc..
The day of my baby shower, I was also getting them every few minutes or so. My best friend was yelling at me not to go into labor on the day of my shower..lol But they take my breath and make me feel like I need to sit down and stop what I'm doing.
It feels more like my stomach muscles getting tight not my uterus.  To me a BH is when my uterus gets tight around her and I can actually feel her better then when my uterus is normal.  But I'm not sure about the stomach muscle thing.  Anyone know what these are?
I am not sure what you are feeling. Sorry! :(  For the past few days I have not been so short of breath, so I am thinking that maybe she dropped??  I would call the doctor if you are concerned, maybe they could check you today! Good luck! :)
I think what you are feeling are contractions. Your body may be getting ready. I have contractions all the time and they make me short of breath. I feel them throughout my whole tummy. Lately, when I do get them, I feel it in my cervix also. I have no idea why. I dont think you can actually feel your cervix opening. Can you? It better not be! Im only 28w5d! I would say that if they become a pattern or get more intense, you should call the doc. You are about that time. If it was labor, they probably wouldnt stop it.
Sounds like Braxton Hicks to me. Classic symptoms for being in your last month of pregnancy. I envy you! I have 18 weeks to go...*sigh*
I've had them too, im 35w2d and i get very, very out of breath, even if i'm just talking sometimes.  
yeah its bh ! i had them that bad with both mine . it took my breath but did not hurt ! (a little ucomfortable ) i did have first  childat 35 weeks though and 2nd at 38 . wishing you all the best x x
I'm just really confused with what contractions are then.  I'm a first time mom so everything i feel is so new to me.  My friend told me that when I have contractions I would feel it in my hips/lower back ( I feel those slightly sometimes). But now I dont know what I should be looking out for, besides  my water breaking. I'll talk to my dr next week about it. You would figure that I'm so far along that I would know what to expect. :(
its bh feeling with cramps like af pain to strt then gets stronger and close together ! its hard to tell at first but when it comes you cant mistake it . good luck x x
For me it felt like menstrual cramps and in my back also. You will know (:
I was getting that too. I am 37 weeks today, and saw the DR. yesterday. I had so many contractions they sent me to labor and delivery. It's not BH but real contractions, they said I'm in early labor. I am dialated to 1 cm now!!! They sent me home because it can still be a week or weeks. I hope everything is happening soon for you too! Just take it easy when the contractions start, and catch your breath. Take Care!!! :)
When you get further along the BH start to feel a little different because baby is so big.  I noticed that too.  My real contractions went through my back and in my butt, they got pretty intense, but I had back labor both times.  I also had early labor early and was contracting "like a crazy woman" as my Dr. put it, but it took me weeks, sorry to say.  Some women go fast though, hope that's the case for you gals.  I was at a 2 at 36 weeks, and still there for hours during my induction at 39 weeks (due to previous baby's size they induced a week early).  Just watch out for the menstrual cramping when you are contracting, that's usually how it starts, if they are just pressure, I would watch the time and mention it to your Dr. , but chances are that they are not real labor pains.  I have heard of some gals though that never flet their contractions, so watch the timing just in case you are really blessed.  Congrats!
I had in addition to BH's this wierd sensation around my diaphragm, like a metal band cutting off my breath (38 weeks).  Sometimes when babies get so big they push up on lungs and cut off your ability to breathe and you really can't get enough air. I hate that. Or if you lean back and the bloodvessel gets compressed you can get dizzy and breathless because the baby is squishing a major bloodvessel (change position).  But the BHs are different--they make your whole belly hard like a watermelon for maybe 10 secs to a minute or longer. They tend not to hurt supposedly but this time mine do, through lower uterus like period cramps and around to the back.