Maternal & Child Community
Tilted Uterus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Tilted Uterus

I am 13 weeks pregnant and went to the doctor a few days ago and she said that she couldn't feel my uterus very well. I have been told that my uterus is tilted, I have two other children one of which is 9 months old, im just wondering if she had a hard time feeling my uterus because of the tilting or perhaps its still really soft from having my last child.  anyone else went through this??
I also have a tilted uterus, and it's not really supposed to be a problem in pregnancy.  My dr told me that it should reposition itself correctly around week fourteen, so I imagine yours should pop out pretty soon.  The worse case scenerio is that it doesn't move out correctly, in which case you'de feel a lot of pressure on your bladder and probably have to get a cathader.
thanks for the input, my entire doctors appointment left me very worried and frustrated.  Another problem the doctor said i had was that my TSH (thyroid?) came back very low.  i was reading online about that and apparently its quite dangerous for the developing fetus for mom to have a low TSH level. as you can imagine i was freaking thinking that the doctor couldnt feel my uterus because my thyroid was low and thus the baby wasnt growing.  anyone else have a thyroid issue during pregnancy?
I have a tilted uterus and thyroid problems.  Maybe we are related.  No, just kidding about being related.  But, yes I too have to deal with those problems.  Have your thyroid level checked every six weeks and have your thyroid medication adjusted accordingly.  If you need thyroid supplements, don't take generic thyroid medicines.  By law the creators of generic thyroid medicines are allowed to put a huge range of amount in each pill.  The range is so big that it will really confuse your body.  Some days you'll get too much and some days you won't get enough.  If what you need is for your thyroid to calm down and produce less there are medicines which you can take to shrink the thyroid and not hurt the baby.  Again, have your levels checked about every six weeks.  Your thyroid needs change through out your pregnancy.
it sure is nice to read on some peoples success on having thyroid problems and being able to get pregent, now i know its possible. I have thyroid problems, and it causes my period to be irregular, last blood test i done for my thyroid came back saying its normal now. My last period was in January so right now i am sitting at 4 months, well me and my DH hope so at least, we dont know for sure yet, but i have all the symptoms just not morning sickness, I have noticed that my clothes are getting tight around the bust and waist. I am thinking positive and hopeing to be PG! We have been trying for almost half a year, We just got married last July. I am going to see my Family Doctor next Tuesday so hopefully its good news ;)    Please Pray for Us.      

~ Their is no Greater Joy then knowing my children walk with me~