Maternal & Child Community
Time Intercourse and Clomid

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Time Intercourse and Clomid

Can you tell me if you need to have time intercourse when on clomid?  And if so, when do you begin TTC?

How often do you have sex? Every other day?  How many times?

I also would really like a girl.  Do you know of any tricks to get pg with one?

Has anyone been getting hot flashes and then getting cold the next minute on clomid?  Or when pregnant?

Thanks for all your help!

Baby Dust to All
This was the previous post, go have a look: Clomid.... timed intercourse or insemination? - ssfaze 07/10/2006
We had timed BD with Clomid.  My doctor told me to start BD on CD11 and go every other day until after O.  We did this and I got a BFP on my 3rd cycle! I would like a girl myself but I dont know any tricks.  At this point it doesnt really matter to me!  Yes, I got hot flashes (only at nite) up until the time I would O then I wouldnt have them anymore.  I get hot flashes later in pregnancy but not at the beginning!
Yes you need to time your intercourse on Clomid. You need to BD on your most fertile days. When I was on my 3rd cycle of Clomid I bd'ed 5 days in a row and got my BFP. Most women recommend every other day but that did not work for us and we tried it that way for 8 months.
Yes, I had drastic temp changes while on Comid. Since preg I am now always hot.
I was on Clomid and fell pg on my 3rd cycle.  I thought it was timed and that I was not ovulating but ended up pg anyway.  Someone posted the same question a few days ago.  Have a look (and check the archives) you may get more answers.
I too timed when we bd while on clomid. My ob said every other day. We bd 3 days before and the day of ovulation and I got a BFP 2 weeks later. You can expect to ovulate anywhere from 5-8 days after you take your last pill. I actually ovulate 10 days after my last pill both months that I ovulated. (I had one month where I took clomid but did not ovulate).

Here is a really good site that may help you with some questions, it helped me when I first went on clomid:

http://www.tryingtoconceive.com/clomid.htm

you could also google clomid and see what you get!!

Take Care
I keep getting the chills and then I'm hot at night.  Do anyone of you know what that is from?  Did you get the chills on Clomid?

I'm not sick!
I was on 50mg clomid. I took it on days 3-9 of my cycle and we had intercourse every day from day 10-20. I think we missed maybe two days though. It worked the first time.