Maternal & Child Community
Tipped Uterus Harder to find baby in ultrasound

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I'm about 10.5 weeks pregnant and I had an ultrasound when I was 8 weeks which showed one beautiful little one and heart rate of 173.  I went back to the Dr. recently and he couldn't hear the heartbeat and check my uterus and said it's really tipped and way in my pelvic region.  Here's my concern.  

I took Clomid and my hormone levels where sky high with my HCG like quadupleing not just doubling.  My progesterone was sky high also.  I really thought I might be having twins.  Is there a possibility one baby was not found b/c of this tipped uterus?  I did have a vaginal but they commented it was hard for them to see.

This explains why I don't show for awhile it takes longer for my uterus to get out of my pelvis and into my belly.  I carry more in my back and pelvis then my tummy.  Is it possible to have an ultrasound and miss a twin?
OH YAH!!!  some friends of my dh and i didn't find out they were having twins until after her second u/s. aparently the second baby was hiding behind something when they did the first u/s.
when is your next u/s?
~nanci
My next ultrasound won't be until 18 weeks about 8 more weeks.  I can't shake the feeling.  The hormones were just so high and I don't have an ovulation problem I have a progesterone problem so the clomid was for the progesterone not ovulation.
Have you talked to the doc about your concerns? I bet they might schedule it sooner if you really bug them. :o) Especially since you've had problems in the past, you could tell them it's really important for you to find out for sure if it's twins or not..
By the way, how much progesterone are you taking? And till when?
I take Crione 8% it's vaginal and I take it once a night before bed.  Even with supplement my progesterone was really high and HCG off the charts.  I can wait until my next appointment we may hear heartbeats by then 14 weeks if my uterus comes out.