Maternal & Child Community
To 'Emma10'

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

To 'Emma10'

I know exatlly how you feel, I feel the exact same way you mentioned in your post 2 me, i'm 23 weeks and I feel like that 24/7. I wanted to post this to you b/c the fetal heart doppler really does make a difference in reassurance that everything is fine at that moment! It doesn't take the fear away that something in the near future will go wrong BUT as for knowing your baby is OK at that point in time really makes you feel better, of course with me I'm having the issue of carrying him low and his movements are slowed down this week, the heartbeat assures me he is alive and kicking in there. Good luck and keep in touch
Not to sound heartless and mean but why didnt you just respond to her post down below?  This is the 3rd post today that you have used.
Hi, I know this is off topic but, I know you said you have a doppler and you have responded to me about me not being able to find the heartbeat @ 12 weeks via doppler, which is the reason I didnt get one.  But do you think by 15 I would be able to find it?  I'm not even sure where to look (on my belly) but, I was just wondering because I get scared to sometimes.  What do you think?
Let's make it a "doppler forum", then.
I was thinking of buying a doppler, but I decided not to, because if for some reason I'm not able to detect the HB, I'd go absolutely crazy. And I know that stress is something I don't need right now. I'm just telling myself that since I'm not cramping or bleeding, I'm fine and unfortunately if something is meant to go wrong, there is a absolutely nothing I could do to stop it. That's why I choose not to buy a doppler.
In a few more wks your babys head will get harder so u should be able to really feel him, like there may be days u don't even use the dop :) just b/c u feel him so much :) u r getting close for most ladies it's around 25wks. but I know it's all scary, I'm 35.5wks & haven't gotten an u/s since 18wks (Dr doesn't do many plus Ins. rules) She said if I made it past 36wks she'd order one but I was 80%thin & 3cm this Tues so I doubt I'll make it til the next u/s. Even as far as I am & I know he's running out of room, but his movements have slowed so I have to poke at him numerous times a day :)LOL I can't wait for yours to get here :) LOVE&PRAYERS Do u have a name picked out yet?
First I didn't know it was a big deal!!! I was afdfraid she wouldn't get it and it was important to me that she got it! Why is it a big deal that I did it, i see ppl do it often, why did you feel the need to respond, it wasn't harming you so what is the big deal, and as for my post I didn't know there was a limit, The first post didn't get a response so I thought i'd rephrase the subject, and I did and it worked, thanks for your concern!!!
Yes you should have no problem, Is it one just like the docotors office uses? If it's the bebe sounds, it never worked for me, I love the doppler, try this site

www.babybeat.com
God bless you and your baby, I wish i was as close as you are :)
We are going with Jeremiah Scott, how about you?
Uh-oh, I feel kinda guilty now. Well, anyway, I for now am thankful you wrote back even if you "used up" a post. I've seen posts on here about shopping and party decorations and mixed drinks etc. so I don't think one tiny extra one about our lost babies and mourning and anxiety and dopplers is going to really matter.  I do check back to see however in older posts if anything happened but often get home late.  Thanks for thinking of me : )

About the doppler, my doctor is very nice and I can go in any day to have it done there--she knows the history although she wasnt there for it (I switched after the m/c obgyns were so 'cold'). I'm trying not to get one because I think I'm just on the verge of daily movement and my DH will think it odd b/c I will find some way to actually wear the darn thing all day long. Which can't be good for me or baby.

I feel like with the first 2 kids (9 and 11 years ago!) I was so innocent (and young) and just paraded around pregnant and secure and oblivious. I didn't do any testing, didn't even KNOW what hcg was, did one hpt once for each, never occurred to me anything could even happen, never met anyone who had a m/c (although now I realize I probably did).  Only 2 people in our circle now know about the m/c's this year and so for most it's just a lucky event now we're having one but for me it's a daily struggle to believe. Not to be dramatic--I have kids, a fulltime job, lots and lots of stuff to do.  Don't sit around thinking about it but do check a lot. I will be quite grateful to get to the kick-me-every-hour phase.   I'm sure there's more than just me and you in this boat!

Exactly.  I don't think Steph was being mean at all just being honest with you.  You have to respect the fact that lots of women have problems out there and need the board's help.  Next time just wait for an open forum to open up and post the question to her there.
I had no idea guys, sorry for the disruption, I lve this site and resepct all the answers and questions on her, thanks again. I will be more mindful next time, as for the 2 psot about the same thing someone suggested that I try it in a different subject matter and it worked I got a response, thanks again, this being my 8th pregnancy with 1 lving child has been a touch one on me :-)
Thats a handsome name :)
Jordan Isaiah (staying w/the j's since ds is Jesse Abel)
but I also love Samson Eli (dh no so fond of)
u may have already gotten the bk but if not at your local christian bk store theres a bk called Supernatural Childbirth by Jackie Mize (it's my fav pg bk, it deals w/ ttc, cb fears & just all the things us moms worry about) I re read it w/ this pg, it's only about $8 bucks. It also has many testimonies in it from women who have been thru so much just like yourself & them going on to have healthy pg's. Hope this helps!
I love your name too, I wanted to stay with A's b/c my daughters name is Aspen BUT my huby was set on Jeremiah :-)
Thanks for your help
Most pepole don't mind too much multiple posts but the issue is that only so many posts are permitted within a particular time span.  Once those posts are used up, there are no posts available until the next day.  They open them up at different times to allow concerned families from all over the world to post.  I am sure you were not aware of this.  Out of respect for everyone that can't post due to lack of space, most of us try to use only one forum a day.
My otherwise very great DH (who is my second husband and for whom this is his first biological child) has problems with my lack of overt enthusiasm.  Til I did the 12-13 week scan, I totally held my breath, wouldn't really talk to baby or even tell my best friend.

I  feel more comfortable holding back since for some reason I do think the mothers get crushed more in the m/c's even though I wouldn't say the men don't suffer. My DH is so enthusiastic, he's nuts. He sends out emails, makes large announcements standing on chairs, would take out a marquee if he could. So it's a bit of a contrast.  I will now think about names and decorating and taking time off work but I still hold back (just now have the added job of not letting him really see it cause then it's like I'm not excited enough about our child). If it weren't so important, I wouldn't be so reticent but that doesn't make sense to my happy cheerleader DH. Anyway kind of a moot point now that I'm showing a bit and total strangers are patting me on the back.

I just keep my fingers crossed and hold my breath and don't step on cracks and be kind to strangers and wish on stars and eyelashes and stay away from cementeries, etc etc.  Now that the kids know... did you tell yours?... I do make a big effort to be more enthusiastic, since it is a blended family issue as well and their biological dad already told them I am too old to be having babies and other assorted crud.  Anyway, good to know we're not alone in our terror!  What's your duedate FRC? I'm apr 24.
Emma and others... as Emma said, I too am sure there are others and I am one.
I am currently 9 weeks2days. this is my 7th pregnancy.
I have two beautiful boys, 5years and almost 7 years old.Those were my first and second pregnancy... No problems, nothing... not even spotting.  Then, when we starting to try for our third........It's been misscariage after misscariage.

Emma, I totally get what you are saying. I feel like there is NO rhyme or reason with me and my miscarriages. I have had them VERY early,I have had them at 7 weeks, and I have had a second trimester loss(went for my 19 week scan and there was no heartbeat, even though I had heard it two weeks to the day before.)
SO I totally understand what you are saying. Nothing anyone says gives me any reassurance and only people that have gone through it, understand. I know I won't feel positive or feel like I have crossed the bridge -so to speak- until I am holding this baby in my arms.
I am turning 38 in April and I also feel that when I was pregnant with my first.... there wasn't a huge sense of fear. I knew I had to make past three months but never thought anything could happen really after that.....Naive? probably.
Today, I know so many families who have experienced Great Losses at varying times.... From several miscarriages, to loosing a baby at 8.5 months and I have one friend who TTC for almost 6 years to finally giving birth to two healthy twin girls this year.  So I choose NOT to be negative but rather, just not positive about this pregnancy.... to keep me sane. I am sure you know what I mean.
It is easier than getting your hopes up and feeling the pain AGAIN!... I have a happy life, with a great husband and two wonderful children who bring me so much joy.  But at the end of the day, if you want another child, nothing can replace that.
That is something I wish people who have not suffered from a loss would understand.  
Anyhow, just wanted to say that I understand.

I am definitely interested in hearing more about those dopplers!!!!!!!
Best wishes to all.....
Flea
I am not at the point where I feel comfortable saying I even have a due date!! (but its June 21)
I dont want to tell our kids till they ask me why I look as big as Shrek!
When we lost the baby in July of this year, my older son was fully aware of the fact that we were going for our 19 week ultrasound and I even told him, I would bring him home a picture. When he got home from school that day, he immediately asked me where the pictures of the baby were.. I, ofcourse lost it... and then we took them aside and told them that the baby had died.

It was really hard on my oldest(who was 6.5 this summer)
So no, didnt tell the kids... Actually Jake,has asked me even recently when we are going to have a baby......
I am like..... dont worry, we will tell you when we know.

I have to tell you though... I have done a tonne of research on dopplers here in Canada and I found a place in Toronto. But I am going to wait till I at least hit the 12 week mark.
I am 10.5 now.  I just have a feeling that I will be OBSESSED with that thing.

Flea