Aa
A
A
Close
Blank
To RockyRose
is bone length a good sign for a bay not to have a d/s, Im so worried, my baby's measurment were all in range except that they said the bowels were shinny and it could be a marker for d/s, shouldnt they rule d/s out if all bone size is normal?  pls reply.

Thanks
Cancel
3 Answers
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
13167 tn?1327197724
Tina - usually,  there are abnormalities in the long bones of a fetus with Downs syndrome.  After about 25 weeks,  they can usually tell,  but I think some babies are normal and have short bones.  So it doesn't seem like it's an exact science.

I think another thing they look for is a very active baby,  that's a good sign the baby doesn't have Downs.  

Are you thinking of having an amnioscentisis?

Best wishes.
Comment
Cancel
13167 tn?1327197724
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment

thanks for replying and no Im not having an amnio, when I got my level II u/s I was 18 weeks, does it mean that maybe the measurement might change at 25 weeks???

Im really nervous and I have nothing to do but pray to God the baby is fine.

Thanks
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
13167 tn?1327197724
I guess the measurements must change some - the studies I've read about long bone measurements and downs are always after 25 weeks.  Maybe earlier,  the differences aren't as pronounced?

I've never heard of the shiny bowel finding - is this new?  There are other markers that they can see in ultrasound besides long bone length - prayers you'll be find in your next ultrasound.
Comment
Cancel
13167 tn?1327197724
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources