To RockyRose
is bone length a good sign for a bay not to have a d/s, Im so worried, my baby's measurment were all in range except that they said the bowels were shinny and it could be a marker for d/s, shouldnt they rule d/s out if all bone size is normal?  pls reply.

Tina - usually,  there are abnormalities in the long bones of a fetus with Downs syndrome.  After about 25 weeks,  they can usually tell,  but I think some babies are normal and have short bones.  So it doesn't seem like it's an exact science.

I think another thing they look for is a very active baby,  that's a good sign the baby doesn't have Downs.  

Are you thinking of having an amnioscentisis?

Best wishes.

thanks for replying and no Im not having an amnio, when I got my level II u/s I was 18 weeks, does it mean that maybe the measurement might change at 25 weeks???

Im really nervous and I have nothing to do but pray to God the baby is fine.

I guess the measurements must change some - the studies I've read about long bone measurements and downs are always after 25 weeks.  Maybe earlier,  the differences aren't as pronounced?

I've never heard of the shiny bowel finding - is this new?  There are other markers that they can see in ultrasound besides long bone length - prayers you'll be find in your next ultrasound.