Toddler with conjunctivitis and open sore on face
My daughter had one swollen eyelid last Friday.  By Sunday her eyelid and the skin between her eye and nose was raw.  Her eyeball itself was not red at all.  We took her to the doctor on Monday, and she was diagnosed with conjuctivitis.  We got antibiotic ointment to apply to her eye, although she's not making that easy.  We also try to wash the crust off daily.  This morning her eye was crusted shut and some "goop" had gotten on her nose- or so I thought until I tried to wash it off and found it was an open sore.  Now I don't know what to think.  I can't take her to the doctor until tomorrow morning- does this sound familiar to anyone?  Could it be a reaction to the antibiotic?  It is too big for her to have done herself with a fingernail, and it is "weeping."  Her eye isn't getting any better either.  I am trying not to freak out.  Thanks for any help you can provide.  
I would call the clinic.  My kids have had conjuctivitis and I've never heard of it doing what you are describing.
Thanks for your reply.  I managed to get into the clinic this afternoon, and it turns out to be impetigo, not conjunctivitis.  These childhood infections are all new to me!
What did they prescribe?  She needs to be watched carefully so it doesn't actually spread into her eye.  Impetigo can spread quickly and be hard to get rid of.   I would seriously consider talking to the administration at the clinic.  Impetigo and conjuctivitis should not have been confused by a Dr.      
They gave her Bactroban.  She's running a low fever but has plenty of energy.  I'm giving the doctor the benefit of the doubt because it really does look different today than when he diagnosed her on Monday.  
I'm going into full-blown disinfect mode- well as much as I can do in my 9-weeks pregnant nauseous and dragging around state while trying to work from home since she can't go to daycare- ugh!