Toddler with slight curve in lower leg?
When my dd was born, I noticed she has a curve to the lower part of her leg. I asked her then ped. about it and he said it was something all babies had from being all closed up tight in the womb, and that as she grew, they would straighten...It made sense, I guess I had never noticed this in newborns before. My dd is almost 2 1/2 now, and I notice now and then that her legs are still a little curved, not even enough that I think anyone else would notice (nobody has ever said anything), but I notice because she is my chilld. I am not terribly worried about it, I'm sure they will continue to straighten as she grows. I was wondering if any one else has noticed this in their little ones, and when did they seem to straighten out? She walks just fine, and even walked a little early(11 months). I was just curious if anyone else wondered about it and what your ped. said. Thanks!
that is usually called bow-legged, several of my family members have it along with my sister.  Some of us had it corrected with surgery and braces.
Well, thank you, But I wouldn't go as far as say she is completely bow-legged..It really is not that severe, and it certainly is not severe enough to be corrected with surgery or braces. (no one in our families has bowed legs) Her pediatrician said it was completly normal in newborns/toddlers. I was just wondering if anyone else noticed this with their toddlers. But thank you.
(I did not put bow-legged in the title, because her ped. said it is not as severe as in the case of ppl who are actually bow-legged. Her legs are much straighter than when she was a newborn, and I have noticed this with other childern her age)
Well, I just asked my hubby to look at dd's legs a little while ago, to see if he noticed any curve...He said he didn't notice any curve at all! Either I am the only one that noticed it, or it is all in my head, guess that explains the kind of day I am having, lol! sorry to waste a thread gals...Use as an open forum, if needed! Hope you all have a good night!
Do her feet turn in at all when she walks? My nephew (1 1/2) just had to go to a specialist because his leg is curved and his foot turns in. I'm not sure what all they were told, but I do know that the specialist told them to make sure he doesn't sit on his knees to play or watch tv...whatever. I have no clue why lol but I thought maybe that'd help you out some!

BTW...as much as I hate to say this, the Targets around here have the most adorable Colts sweats/hoodies sets for newborns. (gag) lol
No, her legs don't turn in at all, I guess it really isn't what I thought it was, my hubby doesn't see anything at all. She definately had a little more of a curve when she was a newborn, but I was told that is common...Well, just another example of me overreacting about something that isn't even an issue...(Ex, I thought her ears looked a little funny when she was born, turned out to be nothing!..I also have thought in the past she had a seiziure(wasn't) OCD (doesn't have it)..I think I tend to have hypocondria, but about my daughter, lol! I am just so quick to always think there is something wrong, I am going to go nuts w/ 2 kids, lol! I am going to take a trip to Target soon, I'll be SURE to check those out, :)
sorry, meant feet don't turn in!
My thought...you said it was already straighter than it was when she was born and her doc said he would straighten...maybe it just needs a little more time and will be completely straight. i wouldnt worry too much as you sais she walks fine (and early) and you have noticed it in other kids. Each mom finds somthing sugnifficant about their child, and compares with others. thats all your doing =)
Your right! DH doesn't see anything at all..guess they look like typical chubby little toddler legs! I wasn't worried about it to begin (since I did talk to her ped. when she was a newborn) with, I was just wondering if any other mommy had noticed it, but I must be in my head. Sorry, I was having and 'off' day yesterday...I expect my next daughter will have it as a newborn as well, as it is fairly common. Thank you!
Yes,the same case in my baby who is 15 months now.Her PD continue saying same when she was infant but now even he has agreed with me as it s visible when she is walking skin tight leggings.
I m really worried because this curve is eating the length of her leg & also am not sure how will it develop when she grows
My daughter had a similar problem but it was just her right when she was a baby. She is two as well and tall for her age and it has straightened out only thing I've noticed is she stumbles and trips a little more than usual but other than that she walks and runs just fine. I can be concerning but I'm sure it will completely straighten out in time. Take a breath and know she will be just fine. :)