Maternal & Child Community
Too Many Negative Tests W/Pregnant Symptoms?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I have never missed a cycle, ever, but have missed the last two.

I have taken at least 6 tests at home, weeks apart, and with all the results of FT being negative, I finally went out for an EPT....again, negative.

Aside from missing my cycle I have had these symptoms:

-Craving foods and drinks I wouldn't normally enjoy.

-Being overly exhausted without any change to my daily habits.

-My thighs and hips are noticably larger and my jeans, even without washing them, seem extremely tight around my hips and thighs.

-My dreams are getting weirder, which is a stretch for me because I regularly dream crazy dreams.

-I have cramping, and lower back pain, but no period.

My husband and I were trying to prevent pregnancy, but would welcome this as a blessing if so, I am just tired of waiting.  I went to the doctor for a blood test yesterday, but since it was Friday they said I would have to wait until Monday to hear the results.  I have been shaking in my skin so broke down and bought more hpt, all of which negative still.  My sister has told me all my symptoms are what she experienced her first trimester.

I am so confused, I would think if I were at least 5-6 weeks along, which I gather from missing TWO cycles and the "thickening" process beginning, wouldn't at least ONE hpt show a positive?  And if this were a false pregnancy wouldn't it show a positive as well?

Anyhow, the doctor told me it could be signs of thyroid (but no drastic changes to weight or eating habits), premature menopause (I'm 24!), or even a brain tumor.

I am dying here, guess I'll have to wait until monday, but does ANYONE have ANY suggestions as to what could be causing this?  We can't afford health insurance so we sure as hell can't afford all the testing for these crazy things.  I just want to know what's happening to my body.

I think that the dr. covered the bases in testing for pregnancy and suggesting thyroid/hormone issues.  Are you on birth control?  If so, sometimes messing up with that can make your body all wacky too.  Good luck.
No birth control.  I took YAZ for a year and did not like the effects it had on my body, so I got off the stuff late last year.
the unknowns just stinks :( in my situation i had the same problem but i tested and got a negative and just left it at that- i figured that all hpt's were the same and would pick up  if i was pregnant.  Come to find out i was 7wks pregnant when i had a blood test done ( i was sick and went to the dr aked for a blood test to be 100% sure) sure enough- till this day i still don't know why the hpt didn't pick up on it?  I feel the same will happen with #2 if we get that lucky.  It makes me wonder why some people can get a positive so fast but others even 7WEEKS PREG can't get a positive?  just blows my mind- every body is different!!!!! keep us posted on what you find out!!!!!
thanks JenLex. I'm finding more and more posts on here similar.  I think my biggest concern right now is just having an answer, ANY answer, to what is going on with my body. I've been stressed to the max before...two college degrees and planned my own wedding, and yet nothing has ever made me skip a period or even lighten one up on me haha.

This weekend feels like the longest of my life.
Hi...any updated?....I am in the same boat but my i havent missed my period yet . it will be here in 2 days since my last one was on 4/12.

I have some brown spots last week for 2 days and i have cramps for the whole week..i still have cramps....

my husband and i gave up 1 year a go after 2 negative IVFs and 1 icsi

Now... I am quiet and keeping to myself. I dont want to worry the husband..so its like a have a secret...lol
Hello! I know exactly how you all feel! I am about 2 weeks late and have taken three HPTs and all are negative. My lower abdomen feels tight and I actually woke up this morning laying on my stomach and could feel a little hump in my belly! I just want to know. . .My doctor said to take another test on Friday and either way call and schedule an appointment.
I will let you all know!