Trying again after a miscarriage, aged 39
CZ
I recently became pregnant after only 3 weeks trying, but sadly lost the baby at 12 weeks although I was told its heart had stopped at 8.  They doctors said they couldnt see anything wrong on the ultrasound and that many pregnancies ending this way are due to a problem with chromasomes, infections etc. Im devastated.  It was my first attempt at trying for a child and now Im desperate to try again..

Im now worried that I may find it hard to get the chance again to become pregnant, as I know once approaching 40's it can be more difficult - plus there is a time limit to keep trying.  Im hoping that because it happened so quick last time that is a good sign.

Would like to hear from anyone else who experienced similar and whether or not they had success in the end..

I am really sorry. Back in September I also had a missed miscarriage, I found out in a routine u/s at 10 weeks that I had lost the baby at 7.5. I had a D&C a couple of days later. I got pregnant straight away 3 weeks after without even trying much. And I am not the only one, there are lots of similar stories in this forum! You are right, if you got pregnant so quickly it was a good sign. You might ovulate 2 weeks after the mc, I think that is the usual and you are very fertile. Good luck!
had a m/c at 35 yrs old, i had tried to get pregnant for the first time..it worked right away...but at 9 wks, had a natural  m/c. we will be trying again soon, we are waiting 2 months till my body heals...dont give up, remember age is just a number, my mom got pregnant at 42 to a healthy baby boy..my brother! so hang in there and think positive!
I had 2 mc last year, just found out I am pregnant and I am 40.

Good luck
I'm praying for you....the grief you must feel of losing a child.  I lost 3 last year so I do know your pain...it can be unbearable at times..

But wow - how wonderful and brave you are to just get back up and try again....I'm praying GOD's blessing over you.
I got pregnant last Oct at the age of 40. 1st baby. Lost it at 12 wks, saw movement the day b4 hb stopped. They told me same thing, most likely chromosome. I think that is the standard answer they give everyone, because most won't do tests until multiple m/c. They did do tests on mine and there were no genetic problems. I m/c early this month and am now 41. My hcg is back to 0 and I am going to try away. I tried for years in my 20's and again in my 30's. Nothing. My dr says I am healthy and there is no reason not to try again. 40 isn't what it used to be! We are a lot younger than we used to be. I think I will be able to raise a child far better now than when I was younger. You go girl!!!!!I wish you all the best!!!
well I'm gong to be 36 and have been pregnant 7 times, yes 7.  I have three children(I am very thankful for)  I am pregnant now at 7w5days and have experienced spotting..  I am so scared.  but it is a good sign that you got pregnant right away.  I get pregnant right away too.  this last time we had sex once the whole month and BAM!!!  well many people our age are having babies..  you can too...  patience,  friends ( on this board) and your dh will help you along the way.  best of luck  Dana
my daughter was conceived naturally when i was 43..after a m/c at 12 weeks. very healthy normal pregnancy. got pregnant again at 44 while bfinf and using pullout. and I am not that fertile either...took me 16 years to get pregnant for the first time.
I have a 2 yr old healthy son that I delivered when I was 40.  I'm now 42 (43 in another week) and we're trying for #2.  I've had 2 m/c's in the past year, but I'm not giving up.  I'm hopeful that acupuncture and herbal treatment will help me have a healthier pg the next time around.  Unfortunately, the chance of m/c increases with age, but that doesn't mean a healthy pg isn't possible.  I hope we both get our bfp soon!
I had a M/C in Sept. between 5 & 6 weeks preg. I was 40.  I am now 41 and 9 weeks preg.  everything feels right this time.  I am on Prometrium once a day (progesterone).  I hope you get a BFP soon, it's not too late!
I get pregnant just looking at my husband! We have one son, 4.5yo and I am currently waiting for my 6th miscarriage to unfold. I too am 39 and very aware the clock is ticking.
I say, keep trying as I know I am. As long as you still menstruate, you can still get pregnant!
Good luck.
Always remember, too, there are many reasons for m/c. Not always the women's problem. We are so busy beating ourselves up. What did I do wrong? What could I have done to prevent this?

I have dh on amino acids and other vitamins that are supposed to increase sperm count and quality. You never know, it could have been the sperm, not the egg. Or was that the chicken or the egg? :)
I wish you all the best, remember that with the right doctors and follow-up care, women well into their 40's have been able to have healthy children!
CZ
Thank you everyone, for all your words of support.  It helps so much and its encouraging hearing of your experiences.  Just giving my body time to rest and for a few weeks then we try again... fingers crossed.  Best wishes to all.... xxx
Hello Everyone, I am 39 and had a miscarraige on new years eve, when everyone was out celebrateing. I am devastated, but thanks to your comments here, I am a bit more hopeful. I am worried that it was  complete miscarraige but I did'nt have a D&C. Should I have ? Best wishes
Triona
Dear Triona,

I too sailing in the same boat. I am 34 and had a spontaneous miscarriage.
and i had that on the day before of my Eid-ul-Adha..and eveybody was celebrating and we were running for hospital.
I did'nt have a D&C.. as Its self aborted and no preg.tissues were left as seen by Dr.in Sonar. Only she gave me antibiotics for 4 days.. So you too checked with Docotor.
I am worried about the first phase of conceving again. I got preg. after 1.5 years of my marriage.
Thanks and my best wishes to all.
Regards

Thanks for reply. Am feelimg a bit better now a few days have passed. I am 18 years married this April so baby was very welcome aspect. However keep trying, as I understand the fear of not being able to concieve again, and if I do, of holding onto it. Though all the relative websites are very promising so hopefully it will workout. I think you should be fine conceiving again as 34 is still pretty young. You will be fine. Take care and good luck.
Regards