Maternal & Child Community
Tubal ligation - Chance of being pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I had a tubal ligation done March 2, 1993.  I had been married 7 years to a man that I believe could not have children.  I am now involved with someone who has 2 children.  My last period lasted 2 days and was very light - normally they last 4 days and are very heavy.  I now feel nausaus and have a lot of breast tenderness.  I would love to have a child again and I think I might just be making myself delusional.  What are the chances that I could pregnant without a reversal?  My tubal was the one where they remove 1 1/2" and burn the ends.  Impossible, right?  Just wishful thinking?
Nothing is impossible, and tubal ligations do have a failure rate depending on how and when it was done.

I believe generally the failure rate is about 1 in 500/ .
So nothing is impossible.  

If you believe you are, take a pregnancy test.  If you are pregnant, though, there is a very high tubal pregnancy chance, so get right in to be seen.
what is it called when your tubes are tied threw your nabble? after five years can you still become pregnant?
i had tubal ligation cut done last 2004.my husband and i willing to have a baby again..is theres any possible to get pregnant again?what i should have to do?wish can get pregnant again..
This is why you HAVE to be sure you're done having children, because it's costly to fix it now and doesn't always work. If you had your tubes cut/burned there's a chance they might be able to do a reversal, but it depends on how much of the tube was left and if it's repairable. The other option you have is to do IVF which would implant the egg. Reversals (If you can have one done) run from $3-5,000 (in my area anyways) and the cheapest IVF I've read about is $10,000. The chances are VERY slim that you will conceive naturally, and doing this is a risk to your own health because the chances of Ectopic pregnancy's increase by 33% after having a ligation done.
i have my tubes tied, in my nabble burns sometime real bad. I didnt have a period november but i had one december but it was real light, in since i had my tubes tied my period never were light, i want another baby but i dnt want to have one through my tubes... CAN SOMEONE HELP ME... DO I NEED TO GO TO THE DOCTOR..