Maternal & Child Community
Tubes Tied/Reversed/ and one grew back

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Tubes Tied/Reversed/ and one grew back

This is complicated, sorry ahead of time :)

In January of 2005 after my 2nd child, I had my tubes tied. In April of 2006, I had a reversal but one was too short to get back together. I was unable to conceive until 2010 which I became pregnant 3 times and all were early miscarries. In 2011, I became pregnant again and made it to 7 weeks, but that ended up being a tubal pregnancy and I had to have emergency surgery which ended with the removal of my only connected tube. In February of this year (2013) I had a cyst on the ovary the same side that my tube was removed. I gave my gym all the info from ttc and specifically asked her to if I would be able to conceive. During the surgery, she found that the other tube (that was originally too short to put back together) had grown together on its own since I had the reversal in 2006. She said the tube was connected, clear, and she saw no reason I wouldn't be able to conceive.

Now, my questions is, has anyone heard of a situation like this and if so, anything where there is a viable pregnancy? I so greatly would like to have another child. And have been trying for over 7 years now. Since the surgery, my cycles have definitely gotten more regular (from 3 month cycles to 28-31 day cycles) so I'm hoping this is a sign that I am ovulating right. Any info/stories/experiences are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help!
It's an interesting situation.  If she put dye into the reconnected tube and it went through for sure, there is no reason it wouldn't function.  I wish you good luck!
I don't think she ran dye but the camera she used for the surgery. I asked immediately after the surgery AND at my followup to be sure I heard right lol. Thank you for the info :)