Twin conception- Blighted Ova
Dear all,
At 38, I conceived and gave birth to a beautiful healthy child. We are so grateful. So far, we have have needed no fertility treatments. Now, at 41 (good health and condition), we conceived in May which ended in miscarriage (m/c) at week six. In July, I conceived again, but the joy was short-lived since at 6 or 7 weeks into the pg I sensed my "symptoms" suddenly waned. I was told that I had twin gestational sacs, but that neither of the embryos had made it; blighted ova (BO). We did the Hcg monitoring and serial ultrasounds. In the 10th wk, while waiting for a scheduled D&E, I had a natural m/c. That happended this morning.
I am VERY confused. I have read about vanishing twin syndrome; when one pg makes it and the other does not, but have yet to read accounts of both twins resulting in BO. I was told that most likely I had conceived fraternal twins. If so, how likely is it that both embryos would suffer the same fate (halted at same point in development)? Could it be the case that one fertilized egg split (i.e. same chromosomal material)? My doctors, nurses & midwives have yet to provide an answer that make sense to me; especially in light of the fact that most women who experience a BO, do not have a recurrence of the problem. A few do, but I think that's rare isn't it?  Since I have "technically" had 3 successive m/c, I feel it's time for testing; even though I basically been told the m/c are probably just due to my age. Any thoughts? Thank you.

I am so sorry about your loss.  So sad.  I really have no insight into your ???, but I have to say that I read on here a bit and don't remember this scenario either.  I hope someone can give you some answers.  I just wanted to tell you i was sorry and I will be thinking of you.