Maternal & Child Community
Two missed periods and two negative pregnancy tests

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I have always had regular Menstrual cycles right from my periods beginning when I was 11. I really need some advice and any input would be helpful.

I had a period on the 7th November and had sex twice inbetween the 14th and the 21st of November. I then had a bleed on the 25th November that was not like a normal period, it was like I was losing old blood and was a lot lighter and only lasted a few days. I have not had a period since. I did a pregnancy test on New Years eve and it showed 'Negative'.  I then did another test yeaterday and that also showed negative! I have been reading online that some women's tests do not show positive until the are approximately three months pregnant.  I am scared that there is something wrong, I hope you can understand my concern.  My breasts have all these dark purple veins around the nipples, which have never been there up until this last two weeks and they are so sore!  If I go to the doctors they will probably think I am overreacting, I just do not know what to do!

Any ideas as to what I should do or advice as to what it may be?

Try a different brand pregnancy test, maybe an early detection one.  I don't know what else to tell you than that.
Thanks for your comment!  I thought about that, but I am just too scared to do another one!  Why does our bodies do this to us?
It took me 55 days from my last menstrual period to get a positive pregnancy test. Wait a few days from the last time you tested and test again with your first mornings void. Or, just go into the doctor for a blood test. I spent so much on home pregnancy tests, it would have been cheaper if I would have went to the doctor instead...and I would have known I was pregnant sooner too. Good Luck!
Thanks for your concern and advice.  You have now got me thinking and I am going to make an appointment at the doctors tomorrow!  I will let you know how it goes.

Thanks xx
There could be any number of things going on, including, but not limited to, pregnancy.  I don't want to scare you, but I think it would be wise to go to the doctor for some tests.  Personally, I wouldn't want to let something like this go...
I have read this alot about women not getting a positive until they are about two months along.  I rang the NHS direct helpline and the nurse just said 'oh no, the tests are quite accurate'
I am scared to go to the doctors incase they think I am being stupid, also I am terrified that they will confirm my worst fears and conclude that I am not pregnant!  But then again all this speculation is not going to change anything is it?  I guess I am just going to have to sit it out.  
From the dates when I last had sex, I would not have conceived until about the 21st November (I have not had sex since) So I will give it until the end of this month and if I still have not seen AF then I will go to the doctors.
I just posted this question...I never noticed this discussion or I would have posted here. I will now anyways/again.
I went off the pill 3 months ago. Last month my period was a couple days late but this month its 10 days late. I've been feeling like I'm getting my period for 2.5 weeks now (sore lower back) One day though I had an odd pain (quite sharp) in my side, I don't know if it means anything. I'm also getting up to pee at night wich is very unusual. Yesterday I got a negative result from a home-preg. test. (I didn't use the morning urine though) Do you think I should stop wondering.....or try again??

Anyone have any ideas?
I ended up having a miscarriage. Maybe my hormone levels were not rising normally and that is why it took me so long to get a positive pregnancy test. I don't want to scare you, but I thought I should add this info.
Sorry it has taken so long to get a response to your question, but I was not sure what to say.  I would never give up hope because my pregnancy tests are still showing negative and I still have not had my period, so I am still hanging in there with a thread of hope!  Sometimes hope is all we have.  I think you should leave it three days and then test again or you could go to your doctor.  He will not think you are stupid, I am sure he will be able to help ease your concerns a little!  I went to see mine today and he wants me to take a urine sample in tomorrow.  I don't really see the point myself because if I was pregnant then surely it would have shown up by now.  Please let me know how you are.
It is comforting to see that I'm not in an unusual position! I am 28 years old and have always had a regular period. I went off the pill 6 months ago, and still had completely regular periods (26-27 days).  This month I am 10 days late and repeated HPTs show negative. I know it isn't all that late yet and I shouldn't count out being pregnant, but its so hard not to worry about whether something else is wrong. My husband and I really want children, so I get worried that other things might be wrong, although I'm sure it isn't anything to worry about. But you're right, you can't quit hoping and praying. Good luck to all of you.
I am in the same boat too.  My last period was 13th Nov 2003, I dont even feel like I am getting AF.  I tested 3 times negative to preg test including a blood test.  I feel my breasts are definately different, look kinda swollen and every now and then I get a nausea feeling, but other than that I feel great.  My Doc said to just wait until AF appears again which is really hard as we really want to fall pregnant and if there is a problem would like it looked at early rather than later.  I too hold on to a glimmer of hope that maybe I am pregnant.  56 days late and fingers crossed.
HI, I am thinking about you (really I am) and know exactly how you feel!  My last period was November 7th, but still pregnancy tests are showing up negative!!!  I just keep thinking that my body is being cruel to me and AF is going to rear her ugly head at any moment!  I have never missed a period before in my life, grrrrrrrrrrr.  I really hope it turns out that you are expecting, please let me know.
Thanks for your thoughts.   Before I found this site I thought I was the only one on the planet in my situation.. It's nice to share  similar experiences with each other who all are goiing through the same thing.  I totally thought there was something wrong with me to skip my period, I still hope.  Do you know if you skip a period, should you expect it the same date 2 months later or would it throw your whole cycle out?  If it is the same date I will be due next Tuesday so if I dont get AF by the end of the week I will do another preg test.  Lets hope we are all blessed with "buns in the oven".
Nope you are not alone!  There seems to be loads of confused ladies out there, who never know whether they are coming or going as far as pregnancy is concerned!  I had no idea that other people were in the same situation myself until I found this forum either.
You have got me thinking whether menstrual cycles once disrupted will start on the date they were 'supposed' to start or just basically please themselves and arrive unexpectedly.  I was thinking that even though I missed one, my next one would arrive when it was due.  But that theory has been blown out the window because I was due on the 4th January!!!  Aaaaargh, it's so frustrating isn't it?  But then again, maybe each woman is different, so if you are going to get your period then it 'may' arrive next Thursday as if nothing happened!  I really hope for you that it does not appear, I keep praying every night that mine holds off too!  At the end of the day as long as we still have hope, then we have something to hold onto!  Not much consolation I know, but its what I try to keep telling myself.  I don't know about you, but I keep sitting and staring into space, mulling it over and over in my head and I just end up feeling worse!  I am making myself so tired and have not done anything for days, all I want to do is sleep.  Do you feel like that or is it just me?
I hope you do not think I am being nosey or anything here and if you do then just tell me to shut up!!  How are you feeling in yourself?  Have you noticed anything different?  The only three things I have noticed are:  I keep getting really mild cramps in my stomach, I am sooooo tired (but that could just be an over active imagination) and my aerolas have gone a dark orange with tiny purple veins surrounding, making my breasts look purple.
Anyway, enough of my rambling, but I just needed to vent a little bit.  I hope you don't mind!
Please keep in touch and I hope AF stays away!
thank you for your thoughts.  Well still no AF and due tomorrow.  Not even feeling like AF will arrive. NO you are not being too nosy the more we can share with each other the better, makes me feel like I am not alone. I m not sure how I feel, I know when I was only 3 weeks late I was soooo excited, my hubby was over the moon as well, I was absolutely sure I was pregnant but 3 tests later it proved otherwise.  I am now 60 days late and something deep inside still thinks maybe I am, my breasts are not tender at all though, but I have a clear ovulation type discharge all the time which started at about the time of my missed period which is not normal for me.  That is the only symptom though. My belly also feels kinda bloated all the time, very hard to suck in my stomach muscles.  I dont know what do you think?  I had my GP do a blood test 3 weeks after my missed period. maybe it was too early, although I thought a blood test was 100% accurate.  In a way I wish AF would arrive so at least we can plan the next BD for ovulation, because at the moment no period, no ovulation and another month wasted at TTC.  I guess I am very frustrated, I have another preg test in the cupboard but keep putting it off as I dont want to be dissappointed again.  I will have to take it sooner or later I know, I will give it another week seeing I am due for AF this week.  How long have you been TTC?  I never thought it would take so long to fall pregnant did you?  Dont know about you but I work full time so it is easier being at work not thinking about it, I guess I am just hoping that one day I will take the test and it will be positive.  Anyway enough venting from me.  Heres hoping and preying for buns in the oven.
x
I am sorry, I got the day wrong when you said AF was due.  I thought it was Thursday!!  I just can't understand why periods just stop like that.  I was talking to my doctor the other day and he said that he was baffled because usually when your periods go out of sync, they start by being irregualar, heavy, being on every two weeks ect and not just stopping.    I have had none of this, they have just stopped!  If I could blame it on stress then I would probably feel better, but I can't because I am not under any!  I am sure you feel the same way, if only we could see inside our bodies, it would make it so much easier!!
I have been trying to conceive for about a year now, without success :-(  Why does it take so long to get that sperm to fertilise that egg?  I feel so useless because most of my friends from school got pregnant straight away, so why can't I?
Just because you do not have a period does that mean you are not ovulating at all?  I know it sounds like a bit of a stupid question, but I am really not all that knowing about the way the female body works.  The reason I bring this up is because I read somewhere online that a woman became pregnant and was confused because she had not had a period in a while.  I am sure the doctor she wrote to replied and said something like:  Just because you do not have a period doesn't mean you can't get pregnant.  So if I were you, I would keep trying!  But whose to say that you are not pregnant already??
I believe that blood tests are supposed to be 100% accurate, but whats to say that anything is full proof?  When my mum was pregnant with me, no tests would show positive until she was three months.  I have no more pregnancy tests in the house now because I would be doing them everyday and it gets expensive!  Why don't you do the pregnancy test that you have in the cupboard if you don't come on in a couple of days?  You have nothing to lose right?  Who knows, maybe you will get a +! *fingers crossed*
Reading the symptoms that you say you are experiencing, I would not worry about having only a few.  Isn't a bloated belly supposed to be a sign?  Just remember that some women sail through pregnancy with no symptoms at all.  So just because you don't think you have no symptoms does not mean that you are not pregnant.  My boobs are really sore today, but that maybe because AF is on her way?  Lets hope that we both stay AF free and have big bellies in no time!
Keep in touch, Claire xx
Well hello again!  D day today, and still no AF!  I think I am relieved not sure.  I am interested to know that you read you may still become pregnant with no period, put a a smile on my face :)  Maybe tonight will be the night.  I too have watched many friends become pregnant and have healthy beautiful babies, it is really frustrating isnt it, sometimes I want nothing to do or hear about their children (pathetic isnt it), I just think yep another year without babies.  Since you have been trying for a year have you sought fertiltiy advice yet as to why you havent fallen pregnant?  Here in Australia we have to wait 1 year before a GP will investigate into infertiltiy ( I have 3 months to go)  aarrgghhh!  I have been on the pill for about 9 years and my GP said sometimes it can take 12 months for it to be out of your system!  I stopped taking the pill in May 03 so on that logic I still have a while to go. I will do a preg test this Friday so start preying for me!!  I think after that if it is negative again I will revisit my GP for some investigation as to where AF has gone :(  How long have you missed AF for now?  Do you have any preg symptoms at all?  Weird isnt it?  well heres to a glass of red wine while I can still enjoy it.

bec x
Hey Suisha, its so nice to hear from you!  I am not sure whether it is a good thing or a bad thing for us both to be missing AF.  I mean if we are pregnant then thats ok, but if we aren't that means that are bodies are toying with us!  I am going to take another test at the end of this month, depending on AF that is!
I have not consulted a doctor about trying to conceive because my partner has been working away a great deal and we have not always been trying at the right times. We had a few months apart when his job caused him to move away from me for a while, I can't help feeling that maybe if he had stayed I would have been pregnant by now! Still it doesn't do to dwell on the past, best to live in the here and now.  If I haven't conceioved by the end of next year then I guess I will have to go and have some tests.
My last period was the 7th of November 2003, its highly unususal for me to miss.  Since my periods commencing I have always been regular - every 28 days.  I just do not have an explanation for it.  How long have you been missing AF for?  I am confused about the symptoms I am having because I never know if it just means AF is just around the corner! I have been experiencing:  Nausea (gets so bad at times that I am actually gagging), very tired, swollen and painful boobs, my aerolas have changed colour and I have purple veins surrounding them and I also get mild cramps.  These cramps are not like period pains, but like a dull ache accomapnied by a dragging sensation.
The mysteries of the human body!  Please let me know that you are ok and let me know how the pregnancy tets goes!
Claire xxx
Well it is certainly strange that you seem to have all pregnancy symptoms but still getting a negative result.  It is true that the mind can play awful tricks on us at times, sometimes when we think so hard about things that we want our bodies can be tricked into triggering off different symptoms we turn out to be all mind related.  I am not saying your symptoms are mind related but I know in the past I have wished so hard that I was pregnant I physically made myself sick. I dont have any real symptoms accept for the CM which I never have and oh the fact that I have failed to have AF for 2 motnhs.  No sore boobs etc and only mild nausea every now and then.  Well AF reared her head yesterday for about 2 hours!!  Not usual, very strange, brownish, very very light and no need for any protection.  Then like that is has GONE!  Now my mind boggles!! Any clues?  I am now thinking I could have conceived in December, I will do a test at the end of the week (too scared).  This is the first sign of AF since 13th Nov and it is so not normal.  Now I do wonder if there is a problem with me.  arrrgghhh!!!!
still hoping.........
x
The thing that is bugging me the most is the fact that I never in a million years expected to miss a period and even then it still didn't register that I could be pregnant.  I am even more confused now because when I put the trousers on today that I had on two weeks ago, they didn't fit me round my belly!!  I mean surely I cannot make my belly bloat right?  I have done another water test today and it is still negative :-( So I have decided that I am going to the doctors tomorrow and I am asking for either a scan or a blood test because I am thinking that something is wrong.  I did not bother taking the water sample into the doctors last week because frankly I cannot see the point.  When I asked my doctor what the difference between home pregnancy tests and doctors were his answer was none.  When I go tomorrow I am asking to see a woman GP, I believe or should I say hope that a woman will understand my worries better than a man.
The bleeding you described does not sound at all like a period, so I do not think you have had AF - unless it has come back heavier???  Maybe you have conceived later than you thought and it is implantation bleeding, but I guess we will not know for sure until a couple of weeks.  Have you visited your doctor and told him that you have not had a period in two months?  I don't want you to think I am lecturing you, but maybe you should, just to see what he says?  I understand how you are feeling right now, because I am exactly the same.  I am absolutely dreading going to the doctors tomorrow because I feel daft saying 'Pregnancy tests are negative, but I still think I could be pregnant and that there is a problem' I mean what the hell is she going to think of me????
Please keep in touch and wish me luck!!!
Claire xxx
I just want to know if anybody had the same experience as me; I am 14 days late; 2 pregnancy tests and both negative results.I don't feel pregnant but maybe is too soon; and I cannot remember how I felt in the others pregnancies in the early fase.I have only 1 child;the other pregnancy ended with a miscarriage at 6 weeks.(4 months ago)I went to house doctor and he didn't want to do the blood test or send me to an echo; he said is no use if the tests were negative.I never took anticonceptional pils and I was never more than 4 days late.
Anybody an advice? or similar ?
Thank you,
I am two months late on my period and pregnancy urine tests are still negative!  I am surprised at the attitude of your doctor not wanting to investigate the absense of your period or even suggesting that he perform a blood test to check for pregnancy.  I went to see my doctor last week, I waited until I had missed two periods.  He requested a urine sample from me, but I did not take it in as I have been doing home tests and they are still negative :-( Going by my other symptoms and thickening waistline I am now getting suspicious, so I am going to see a lady doctor this morning to request further investigations.
If I were in your position and was only 14 days late for my period then I would definitely wait a while longer.  Perhaps give it another two weeks and then try another test?  I know the waiting is hard because I am still doing it, but I think if you leave a longer space of time and still do not get your period, then when you visit your doctor you have better reason to suspect you are pregnantand will be able to stand your ground.  Of course this all depends on the fact whether you are usually regular or are not able to tell when your next period is going to arrive.  
I hope I have helped you a little, I know how confusing our bodies are.
Yes is it is very dissapointing that the GP will not investigate further isnt it.  I have not had 'official' AF for 2 months and my GP dosent seem particularly worried.  She just said you must be stressed stop trying so hard!  The fact is that I do not get stressed so as far as I am concerned there is another problem.  I have NEVER missed a period either until Nov,which tells me that my body is doing something strange.  I took another preg test this morning and yet again NEGATIVE!  This week AF sort of showed itself for a few hours (very light and not normal) and then disappeared so I guess I can only assume this was AF and predict ovulation from this week.  (so frustrating :(.  I will book into see my Gp next weekend and ask to have the HSG test, at least that way I will know one way or the other if there is a problem with my tubes.  I think anyone who wants to conceive should firstly be completley checked out to make sure all pipes are functioning correctly before you commence trying, to relieve the diaaspointemt we all face each month. (just my thought, I should be a GP).  Anyway girls hang in there.  I have given up hoping I am pregnant after 3 negatives so now will continue down the TTC path again :).  My hubby thinks because I missed 2 periods that my body is definatley 'getting ready' and will happen soon.  (gotta love his optimism)
hoping for us all to have 'buns in the oven'
xx
Well ladies I went to the doctors today and she laughed in my face!  She said there was no way that I was pregnant if my tests were negative and is not even concerned that I am leaking substantial amounts of urine.  I give up!  So Catarina I do know how you feel and in a word doctors SUCK.
I know there is something wrong because my body is acting strangely, so if it isn't pregnancy then something else is causing the symptoms, but why doesn't my doctor want to find out?

I just did today the third test and was again negative( so 3 tests all negative and I am 16 days late); I really don't know what to think. Tuesday, 20 Jan I have an appointment at the gynecologist and I hope he/she will do some checkings. I really don't feel anthing wrong; no pain, nothing.
By the way where do you live? I am in Netherlands but here doctors really don't do their job properly; always send you home to  take a paracetamol doesn't matter what is your problem.
Anca
I am in the same boat that you are in right now. My last cycle was November 7th and I haven't seen my cycle since. I took a home pregnancy test first, but the results were negative. I waited two more weeks and then I went to my sister's doctor because I was cramping severly. They told me that I was stressed and that I needed some rest. I did what they said and no cycle. I would love it if I am pregnant, and I have been treating my body as if I were. MY doctor and I will be seeing each other in four days, hopefully, she can tell me something.
We should talk after I see my OB. =^..^=
Sorry to hear about your Doc appointment.  They sometimes make you feel so stupid dont they?  What was her response, did she have any clues as to why you have skipped AF for 2 months?  I think if you feel there is something definatley wrong or different inside your body I would go to another Doc and get another opinion.  We all know ourselves when there is something wrong dont we. Your Doc was exactly like mine, who is not worried in the slightest that I have missed 2 AF.  I am sure these Docs dont know how much we want to conceive, they smirk at us like they know something but wont tell us. In my opinion obviously we have a problem!  You dont just stop AF for no apparent reason surely, and in our situation where we are TTC it is almost impossible because it makes it even harder to predict ovulation (if it still occurs).  I keep thinking of the long road ahead whether I will need Provera to start AF or Chlomid to start ovulation, drugs, tests, Doc visits etc etc, why cant it just be easy and fall pregnant the old fashioned way? My thoughts are with you.  Dont give up.  I am trying to put it out of my head (the reasons why I dont have Af) and continue on the path of TTC.  I am seeing my GP next weekend and I am GOING TO GET ANSWERS!  So I will let you know what my GP says to me next :)
Stay safe
x
I'm glad I have found this site I have been looking for days to find a site where women are going through the same thing as me.

I am never late with my periods but this month I am now 38 days late I also have done a test and it came out negitive so I'm just thinking it may be just one of those things but as the days have gone past you wonder what is going on inside of you.  I keep geting the feeling that my period will start but every day that goes by it does not I have now started to get tender breast and it gets me thinking will I start are am I really pregnant.

I am going to take a second test after the weekend and hope it is positive.

I have been trying for two years since I had a misscarrage in 2001 and had loads of test done at the hospital but can not find anything wrong with me so why is it taking to long to get pregnant?

HELP
Hi, I am sorry that the pregnancy tests are still Negative and agree it does not help when medical profesionals do not do what they are supposed to do and care for your health.  

I live in England and the National Health Service here is abominable, our doctors make more mistakes here than anyone.  Last year a friend of mine was putting on weight and her periods stopped.  She went to visit my doctor and he said it was her weight that had caused her to stop menstruating.  Four months later she took a pregnancy test and was carrying twins!  A prime example of the lack of care we receive.

How long are you going to give your period a chance to arrive before you visit your doctor or take another pregnancy test?  I have wasted more money on tests, I must have performed about eight now.  But what can you do when the doctors do not want to know?  I am taking my urine sample in on Monday, in the hope that when it comes back negative (which I know it will because the home tests are) that they will send me for a scan.
What brand of test do you use?

Claire xxxx

I always feeling that our body is being cruel to us when we are TTC and our periods stop for seemingly no reason at all.  I know people that seem to get pregnant just like that and frankly they are not capable of looking after a baby, so why are they blessed and not us?  

I know what you mean about feeling like AF is going to arrive at any minute.  When my period is due I get exactly the same symptoms as I usually do, but no AF.  This cannot be right?  It seems that because we are experiencing period signs then our bodies are still working correctly, but for some reason no period.  I do not know if you have read my posts above, but my doctors do not seem to want to know why.  Have you visited your GP?  I waited until I had missed two periods before going to see my doctor.

I have been researching missed periods on many sites for weeks now and have found women whose pregnancy tests did not show up until they were five months, so it can happen.  A friend of a friend's pregnancy test never showed up all the time she was pregnant, so I still live in hope.

Do you keep getting niggling cramps in your stomach?  The other night I felt something weird in my stomach twice and it wasn't gas.
My doctor did not seem interested as to finding the reason why I have missed two periods, the only reason she gave me was 'EXCITEMENT of Christmas' For gods sake, I am 21 years old not 5!  All I did over Christmas was chill out with my mum and dad, I am sure lying on the sofa is hardly a period stopping activity.  When I told her that I was leaking urine all over the place, she said it was normal!  I thought you only did that when you had a child?  Why has it suddenly started when I have missed two periods?  It all just seems to odd to me.
The little bit of spotting you had does not sound like a period to me, I mean that is nowhere near enough to get rid of the womb lining surely?  Are your periods usually light?  You are right not to give up trying and the advice your husband gave you sounds like the best I have ever heard!  He is truly in  touch with his feminine side.

Claire xxx
Hiya!

This is so freaky, my last period was November the 7th too!  The first month I missed I was very nauseous, so nauseous infact that I could not eat my Christmas dinner!  I had extremely sore boobs and was dizzy alot.  This month I am leaking urine and need to pee constantly.  Have you had any symptoms?
The severe cramping you experienced must have been awful, I keep getting mild cramps but nothing like you described.  I would have thought that the doctor would have wanted to investigate it further, did they offer no blood test or anything?  I think if it had been anything to worry about though it would have been accompanied by bleeding, so lets thank god for that!
Please let me know how it goes with your OB, I hope that they are better than my doctor as i am sure you have read in my previous posts.

Claire xxxx
I am having exactly the same problem as you have. I hope it is solved, but can you share whats been going on now - please. Getting really desperate.....
wow I am in the same boat just not as far along.  I have been trying for about 6 months, we tried the ovulation test this month and I was due friday, I had a annual on Thursday and she went ahead and did a blood test.  Well today is Monday and still no AF and the test came back negative.  I am pretty regular and usually start between 6am and 7am.  So now I am confused why does this happen it is so unfair.
I really don't know what to say, our bodies always seem to go haywire when we need them to work properly. I do sympathise and know how you are feeling.

As you are only a few days late why don't you take a Home Pregnancy Test?  I know you had a blood test done, but maybe it was too early?  I have been reading online and found out that if ovulation occured late, then sometimes if the egg has been fertilised it won't implant as early as expected.  This is why some women do not get a positive pregnancy test until they are five to seven days late.  I have spent a fortune on HPT's, so it definitely would be less expensive for you if you contacted your doctor again in an other week or so.

You know your own body better than anyone, so even if your doctor insists that you aren't pregnant then tell her you are not convinced.  Doctors aren't always right, from what happened to a girl on another forum this week proves it.  She went to the doctors to get her DEPO shot, but when she got there she told the doctor that she was positive that she was pregnant.  Her doctor did a pregnancy test, it was Negative so he went ahead and gave her the shot.  Unfortunately she miscarried yesterday.  Now whether this was a result of the shot she is not sure, so please stick it out with your doc.  I know I am!

Claire xxx
Hi There!

I too am getting myself in a state and none of the doctors will help me find out what is going on!  I will tell you what has happened so far and see if ytou can relate to any of it.

My LMP was November 7th, I had a slight bleed on the 24th November but it wasn't like a normal period.  It was very dark brown in colour and I did not experience any cramps which is highly unusual for me.  Since my periods starting they have always been regular and I could literally time them because my nipples would start burning madly about half an hour before AF arrived.  I have now not had a period for two months and have done around eight pregnancy tests and they have all been Negative, I performed my first test on New Years Eve.  

The first month I missed (December)I experienced very sore, swollen boobs and I felt extremely nauseous.  I felt so sick infact that, I could not eat any of my Christmas celebratory dinners.  I also had slight cramps, but nothing bad enough to warrant any cause for worry. During this second month my aerolas have gone a dark brown and veins are more prominent in my breasts.  My breasts are also very lumpy and  cannot bare anything to touch them, when I am in bed I have to put a pillow at the side of me so I can rest my arms on them to stop pressure on my boobs.  I have also started leaking urine.  This happens either when I cough, sneeze, but mostly I do not know I am doing it.  I am 21 and know this should not be happening to me.  I am also very tired and feel like I have run a marathon if I go out in the car for a while, this is just so unlike me.

I went to the doctors last Thursday to see a female GP because I thought she may be a little more sympathetic than a male, I was so wrong.  I explained to her that my periods had just stopped, pregnancy tests were negative, but I wasn't convinced. She pratically laughed in my face and said that the tests were 100% accurate and if they were Negative then I definitely was not pregnant.  I asked her to perform a blood test, but she refused by saying that they were no more accurste than the urine tests.  She completely disregarded my symptoms and did not even listen.  I even told her I was leaking urine and she said that this was nothing to worry about :-(  So after only five minutes her diagnosis was 'EXCITEMENT OF CHRISTMAS'.  I felt incredibly stupid and very mad.  All I did over Christmas was chill out with my family and slept most of the time because I was so tired.

So now I have no idea what to do, I don't know whether to pay to see someone privately or go back and see another GP.  Have you seen anyone about your missed periods?  How long have you not had one for?

I am so worried.

Claire xx
I was so glad to find this too! I have always been VERY regular- 28 days exactly- so when i missed my period with my first child i took the test on that day and it ended up positve. Now- ive been off b/c for a month- we're not trying to get pregnant ( i would love it- but gotta wait for the hubbies sake)  but i was late in getting my b/c so i had to be off it until i started my next period- we used condoms a couple time but mostly the not so good ol pull out method- i am now 4 days late- and feeling a little nausiated- also i have been sooo emotional and dizzy when i exercise- but- i took 3 pregnancy tests- 1 the first day- then one 2 days later and then one this morning- all three negative- it is soo frusterating! i wish i would just know either way! i wonder if it has to do with the preg. test- i took the 4 dollar equate ones from walmart-( didnt want to spend a fortune on tests and i figured one was as good as the next) has anyone else had same results with these and different ones with different tests? please help- its so nice to have others to talk with who are going through the same thing-
I guess I am in the same predicament as the rest of you ladies (I was VERY glad to find this site, I had thought that I was going insane). My fianc
What happened, I just found this today & all your discussions ended in Janaury....with no confirmation if any if you are pregnant or started your AF??  I have to know what is going on....I am only 5 days late, BUT like all of you I am VERY regular (33 day cycle though) and I took 1 HPT and of course it was negetive...no signs or symtons other than no AF.  Are you all like me & every sensation or feeling that you have just started has you renning to the bathroom to see if it is here, just for the relief of knowing??  Please update me on all of your situations......
I guess I am in the same boat as everyone else here.  Two weeks late (never late before) and four negative tests.  When I was pregnant last summer (ended in miscarriage at 12 weeks) the tests turned positive straight away - no waiting at all.  Had a few days a week or so ago when I was sure I was pregnant - exhausted, cravings the works - but don't really feel like that anymore.  Some non-period crampings though.  Please send word of any outcomes from your situations.  Frustrating as it is to wait I am relieved to know that I am not alone.
I know exactly how everyone is feeling, I have now missed 2 periods, and have done an estimated 6 pregnancy tests with the results being all negative. I have been experiencing tender breasts, heartburn, fatigue and nausea. My partner and I have been trying for the past year and so when AF didnt come the first time we were both estatic, however, right now all I am feeling is anxious.

I have been doing a lot of reading on the net in relation to missed periods and have come to my own conclusion that being overweight may play a part in it. I was overweight before I missed my period and have since then gained 40 pounds extra, particularly in the abdomen area. I would really like to be pregnant and I cant understand why I'm getting all the symptoms of pregnancy with negative test results. I spoke with my nurse last week who suggested I wait out this month and then re-schedule an appointment to see my GP, who will then take a blood test, like some of you, I am afraid of the confirmation that I am not pregnant more than anything else. But I am glad that I am not alone in this!! I wish everyone in here the best of luck for up coming tests, I hope everyone gets the result they are after.

so I just found this site and, like everyone else here, am in the similar situation - my period's late (although by only a week at this point), I've had two negative pregnancy tests, and I feel pregnant - at least I thought I did before I took the tests and now I'm too confused to know what to feel. (My first and last pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 14 weeks.) So I'm dying to know: what's happened with all of you? Has anyone's period shown up? Is anyone pregnant after all this worrying?
Please post with news if there is any
-Sharon
I just want to thank everyone for sharing their thoughts (especially the detailed ones)about the frustrations of missed periods and negative preganay tests. Your comments are much appreciatd.
I know this forum  has been going in 2004, but it's almost 2008 now, and I'm having the same crises. I've taken three different urine pregnancy tests, which have all resulted in a negative. I need to know if I'm pregnant. I haven't had a menstrual since october 10th, it's now december 19th. IDK what to think. Am i pregnant? should I give  up hope and move on with life. What to do? Part of me wants to go to the doctor, part of me is afraid of finding out that I'm not pregnant at all.
Hey i was reading yalls blogs - i am 21 years old and my husband and i started trying to have a baby 2 years ago and i got pregnant right off the bat the dr i was using didnt tell me i needed a rhogham shot because i am rh negative... needless to say my little girl died in me 4 days after i found out what she was all because of my dr - NOW 2 years down the road we have been trying to get pregnant again ever since and its not happening yet my periods r off and everything. I had a period November 11th 2007 and its now March 26th and stiff no period but my boobs r swollen and hurt, im sick to my stomach i can sleep at night but i cant seem to stay awake at night.. ive taken test after test and my dr says its normal! Can someone please help me?
I did the exact same thing as the first post.... I had my period march 15 april 12! The april 12 period was not a normal period for me! very heavy and about 3 days. I was going to start mine the 12 of this month ( May) and I am about 10 day late... There was a point where my stomach had a dull pain all the time, and I felt sick and bloted all the time.... NOW I FEEL FINE....except that my stomach still has the dull pain and It hurts to lay on my stomach anymore.... AND ALL OF THE PREGANCY TEST RESULTS OF NEGITIVE....AGGGGGGGGHHHHHH.....I DONT GET IT.... Me and my boyfriend weren't trying to have a baby...were only in college...what do I need to do....
I'm not sure what to do, my husband and I have been trying for a baby for the past 6 months now when I decided to stop taking my pill. I'm 3 months late, took the blood test, the home test, and both came back negative. I have an appointment with my OB on Friday for my annual. I had contacted them last month (a month after the blood test) and they just said to come in for my annual and they will go from there. I am so nervous of something being wrong, but I am secretly hoping I am.  It would be just in time for Christmas to tell our parents. If I am still negative, are there any suggestions to help increase the chance of fertility?
have u found out anything?? this is veri l8 ii kno.. ii was just wandering..
I havent been on my period for two months now ive been geting tingleing feeling in my hands feet and breasts my hands have swollen, constuntanly going to the toilet if just for drips of wee i have lower sharp backpains tight cramps and a bubberly feeling in my upper stomach my breasts are rock solid darker round the nipples and change of shape ,have heartburn burping more frequently, ive taken two pregnency tests both negative i had an internal scan the nurse said my woumb lineing had thickened an indication of an early pregency ? no signs of a sack or  a jelly bean ! They sent my bloods off to test my level of hormones , got my results back saying that they were normal the nurse said that i should come on my period soon !( And tell me what do i do if i dont come on my period ) ill be 3 months late then its so frustrateing im certain i have just caught  few days ago i had dark brown discharge and after came very watery pink spots which lasted 3 days was defently NOT my period cuz im always heavy and it lasts up to 7 days i feel like screaming sooo loud i know my own body and i know for certain something is happening
any comments PLZ thank you x x   H