ULTRASOUND QUESTION AND UPDATE
HI LADIES,
I ASKED THIS YESTERDAY BUT IT GOT LAST IN THE OPEN FORUM. I WENT FOR MY U/S YESTERDAY AND THEY TOLD ME I POSS. HAVE LOW AMNOITIC FLUID. ANYBODY EXPERIENCE THIS? HE ALSO THOUGHT IT MIGHT BE A GIRL BUT DOESN'T KNOW FOR SURE. I HAVE TO GO FOR A 3D U/S MONDAY TO FIND OUT FOR SURE. HE ASLO THOUGH THERE WAS 2 IN THERE BUT LATER DETERMINED THERE WAS ONLY ONE...WHAT A JOKE HUH....LOL. WELL I JUST WANTED TO SHARE THIS AND GET YOU COMMENTS. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.
TIFFANY
SORRY I Cant help much with this one, but i heard of a lady carrying her babay to full term with low amniotic fluid, i wouldnt worry too much, how far along are you?
i am currently 19 weeks. that is what i was worried about....not being able to carry to term.
I had low amniotic fluid with my son.  I did not find out until I was 37 weeks along.  I also found out that day that he was laying frank breech (butt first).  They did an emergency c-section on me due to the fact that the combined problems would be potentially fatal if I went into labor.

I have seen on the baby shows on tv where they can add synthetic amniotic fluid if it gets dangerously low until the baby is viable.  However, they kept those women at the hospital and on bed rest and monitors.  

It must not be very low if he said it is just possibly low.  It is probably something he wants to monitor closely at this point and the 3-D u/s should do just that.

I am sure everything will be just fine.  Best wishes to you.  

How far along are you???

Amanda
as long as you can carry to seven month you should be fine. The baby may have to stay in hospital longer and low weight but as long as she/he is gaining weight and so forth the baby shpuld be fine. i really hope there is someone out there who can give u more advice and info, did the doctor explain to you the disadvantges of having low amniotic fluid??
I had low amniotic fluid when I was pregnant.  It didn't show up until I was like 7 months thouhg.  I had to stop working and go home and do nothing.  I couldn't even drive.  I went full term and there was no problems with the baby or delivery.  Good luck and be sure to ask your doctor as many as you need to.
I had the opposite problem with Tristan, I had too much. I have heard of amniotic infusions with sterile saline, but as someone else mentioned, it usually requires admission.

I had a friend who dealt with it, she was in for weekly u/s to monitor the fluid and was encouraged to drink lots and lots of water. Now whether or not that helped I have no idea, but she did go to term and delivered via c-section.

Good luck and keep us posted!

Andi
If you have low amniotic fluid they will probably put you on work restriction if not full-blown bedrest if not admission to the hospital.  It's hard to say.  They will do everything in their power to get you to at least 32 weeks.  

Have you been leaking fluid or just don't have enough of it?  It could turn out to be nothing at all.  That is what the 3D u/s is for.  But a friend of mine, his wife, was leaking amniotic fluid for quite a while.  It was a very slow leak so her body was able to produce enough to make up for the loss.  But they admitted her to the hospital for very close observation for the remainder of her pg.  I think she was in for about 6-8 weeks.  But she had the baby, a little early, but he's 3 now and doing fine.
mgi
I have low fluid and was leaking.  They keep monitoring me and say do nothing.  But they said untill it gets "dangerously low"  I do not need to be hospitalized.  My sister had low fluid years ago and tehy tried everything to help her?  I guess it depends on the body.
I too had low fluid in my third pregnancy but it was during the very last and they induced I went from 12 to 2.  I was having weekly u/s due to some conditions that I have.  It had to due with the placenta.  Dr said I had developed an old placenta.  With this last pregnancy they did an u/s at the hospital and the u/s tech said that I had low fluid, but the Dr. said that it was ok because my fluids were 7 and they don't what you below 5.  It worked out ok for me because I was in the hospital till I had the baby because of severe pre-eclampsia.  They are probably just checking to make sure your placenta is in good shape.  So are you on the low end of the range or are you below the safe level?  It sounds as your Dr is keeping a good eye on you.  Good Luck.
ok i don't remember who asked this but i will address to everyone. first i want to say thanks for you comments. i am 19 weeks along and the doctor said i am possibly low but no i haven't been leaking fluid. he also didn't say anything about what the level was but i will get all that info on monday. so from your comments it sounds as though it would be a good idea to get the nursery ready a little early....right? i have started on it but do need alot more done. any advice would help...thanks
tiffany