Ultram During Pregnancy Second Trimester
I have taken prescription Ultram for years for back pain from a car accident. I am 4 months pregnant. I have taken the ultram in the lowest dosage, and I told my OBGYN about them and all he said to me was "the pain meds are not relevent". I have heard alot on prescription class C drugs, some is just fine, some things are alittle bad. Does anyone else have any info, or any real experiences with this prescription or any other prescription pain meds during pregnancy? There is noway for me to get off the drug, my pain is too severe and I have to keep working. All my doc visits have been fine, just wanting another opinion on the issue. Thanks!
What is the dose you are taking? I take 50 mg a day for migraines and am 6 months pregnant Im scared because Ive read alot on it that its bad to the baby after I take it my baby moves alot does yours??
Hi there,
I took 100mg of ultram a day while carrying my daughter, she is 3 now and she's very smart, and absolutely perfect in every way.  I am now 29weeks pregnant with my son and have been on the same dosage, give or take an extra 50mgs, as my osteoarthritis is so bad the benefits of taking the med outweigh the risks..  And mommsantana both my babies were very active :-)  This little man doesn't stop.

The addiction potential is much lower w/ Ultram, vs other strong narcs, they however have more studies available as opiates have been around much longer.  Obviously it is up to each OB, however mine supports the use of this medication as it is what works best for me, and I don't want to be woozy all day on other narcotics.
Feel free to email me!!
Hey,
  I'm taking about 100mg a day. I'll take 1 ultram when I get up then about 4 hours later take another one. I usually do not go over 100mg a day although I did take alot more than that when I did not know I was pregnant. The Doctor that prescribed me the  Ultram is not the same doctor I am seeing with my pregnancy. I have left over pills from before that's what I am taking so the actual preg. Doctor I am seeing now has not given me any. The first ultrasound looked fine and now I am 19 weeks and have another apt. at 20 weeks, but no ultrasound at that apt. Yes I am very worried at the harm it could be doing that's why I have posted on this website to get insight on other's pregnancy. I have heard not so good things when it came to just looking online about the warnings, but every post or every person that has taken ultram in pregnancy has said that their baby was fine.
   And yes at 19 weeks my baby just started moving more, or I have just now started to notice it. So I guess that is good and healthy. Probably would be worried if I never felt it move at all. The father knows I take the Ultram and he is NO doctor but he even seems to think it will be okay. I have read alot about women being prescribed narcotics like lortab or norco and everything was fine.
  Thank you for posting. I would like to hear how everything is going in your pregnancy and any insight you might have !!
Cassie
I am 41/2 weeks pregnant and I take 100mg ultram daily I have just now stopped. My ob/gyn says I shouldn't take it. She said it was okay to take prozac for depression but I should not take ultram even though i am in severe pain with my arthritis, what do you think?