Maternal & Child Community
Ultrasound at 7 weeks 2 days

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Ultrasound at 7 weeks 2 days

I just had a transvaginal ultrasound at 7 weeks 2 days. They found an embryo but no heartbeat. The technician said this is not so rare, but my doctor said that there is little to no hope that this is a viable pregnancy. Has anyone else had an ultrasound at this stage? What did you see? Should there be a heartbeat by now?
I also had one done not too long ago, I'm not sure how many weeks I was, but they also couldn't find the heartbeat and determined that my baby was dead, they also determined that because my HCG levels were decreasing, and that was a week ago, and I was told that I was going to have a miscarriage, however, it still has not happened and I pray that it does not and that my baby is perfectly fine.  I have another u/s on thursday of next week, so wait and then go back and check again.
I had a transvaginal ultrasound at 7 weeks with a heartbeat, but at 9 weeks there was none.  I ended up having a DNC.  It is a very emotional experience, but not as uncommon as I once thought.  I was amazed at the number of people who shared their experience(s) with miscarriages after hearing about mine.  Good luck and keep trying.  Although I have had several miscarriages, I am also the proud mother of two wonderful boys.  Hang in there.  :)
I had a u/s at 7 weeks and 5 days same results no heartbeat, the doctor told me that I would miscarriage eventually. I still have not, I only have light brown spotting, nothing heavy or red blood.  

Today I'm 8 weeks and 3 days, nothing yet.  I have an appoitment for July 31st.  I'm asking the doctor to do another u/s.  

I will keep you posted, hopefully these are just false alarms, and everything will be fine.

Bel
sorry to hear that.i had the exact same test as u at 7wks and we could c arms growing legs and a head and also a little heart beating,i hope this doesnt scare u,keep ur head up and fingers crossed 4 you
We've been through two IVF cycles and after the first fresh cycle had an ultrasound at around 7 weeks. There was no heartbeat and unfortunately nothing came of it.

The good news is that, after a few failed frozen transfers, we have had another 7 week ultasound and have two heart beats ! Hoping for the best this time.
I had a VU at 9.5 weeks and they didnt hear aheartbeat. My doctor told me she thinks it is dead, but could it be too soon to find a heartbeat? They took my HCG level 4 days after the TVU and they said the levels was fine for being that far along, so they wanted to take another HCG level today to see if its increasing or decreasing, has anyone ever heard of this?            Waiting
I just had a miscarraige (miscarriage) at 7 weeks. I went in one day for a ultra sound bcuz I was bleeding and they said that everthing was fine, 2 days later i had cramps and more bleeding, went back in and the baby had no heart beat and had passed. Its hard to cope with but they can see the heart beating at 7 weeks.
angie 731 it may be poss but by that stage there is no doubt there should def be a heartbeat not trying to be negative but i would def have another us done.
I've had three miscarriages and am now pregnant again. At 6 weeks, 4 days I had an altrasound with this current pregnancy and saw the heartbeat! 135 BPM! The baby's heart starts beating at 5 weeks and can be seen then on an untrasound. We are praying this baby is here to stay!!!
I had an ultra sound at 7 weeks 1 day & found a heart beat, fetal pole & yolk sac! So everything checked out fine. I hope hope hope that everything turns out ok with your baby :)