Aa
A
A
Close
Ultrasound update and heart beats per minute
Brief history: I m/c seven months ago.  I conceived on the exact date the first one was supposed to be born.  The ultrasound showed a six week old baby.  And I was so happy!  There was a little heart beat, at 120 bpm.  The tech. thought that was kind of slow, but told me not to worry.  In a way I am not worried just because I consider myself lucky to have seen a heartbeat at all this early.  On the other hand I am curious to know what is normal for a baby of six weeks and am a bit concerned. Can anyone tell me what is normal for this age?
Cancel
14 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I am not sure about what the beets per minute should be, but congratulations on your pregnancy.  I miscarried in January and I was Due September 25 which was my faters birthday.  I had my first Dr. appointment to confirm this pregnancy on that same day, September 25.  I am 14 weeks and so far so good this time.  Good luck to you.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
COngratulations to you both!!! I hope I get the news you too, got.....  Not sure about BPM for 6week preggers..... It's wonderful to hear you have a heartbeat!!!!  Good luck girls!!!!!!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
They like to see the heartbeats between 120 to 160 at your stage so it sounds ok to me.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
At 6w 1d my baby's heartbeat was measuring 118, so I was really freaked out since that's not even in the 120-160 range, but I'm 26 weeks pregnant with a healthy baby girl so things turned out fine.  That early the heart is just starting to beat and figuring things out.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks everybody.  I'm trying to stay positive and happy.  I'm really excited about the weeks and months to come.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
134578_tn?1446090952
At six weeks, my babies were 117 and 116 beats per minute, which the doctor said was "perfect."
Comment
Cancel
134578_tn?1446090952
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I went in for a sono at 7 weeks. They thought my dates might be off by a week making me 6 weeks. The heart rate was 93 and I had a healthy baby girl. I am sure you are fine.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
117004_tn?1218648744
Its freaky the way things work out...  I had a miscarriage diagnosed on 1/3 and a D&C on 1/5.  I have a healthy baby boy due on 1/11..  

Your baby's heart beat is on the slow end of PERFECT so dont worry.. maybe s/he was resting up for the growth spurt.  :)  Congratulations and have a happy healthy 8 more months!!
Comment
Cancel
117004_tn?1218648744
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
142722_tn?1281537216
my baby's heartrate at 6w2d was 115
Comment
Cancel
142722_tn?1281537216
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Hi, Congratulations!! I remember you from the "other" forum. We both had a miscarriage in March and only 3 AF's since then!! When I saw you got a BFP, I was so happy and have been hoping your us went well.  120 sounds really good to me.  For my 1st preg. that I lost in March the hb was 85 at 6 weeks and the us tech said 110 and up is good.  Well, have a great 7 1/2 more months!! I have been dianosed with PCOS and will start Clomid in a few weeks.  I hope to join you in BFP land soon!  ~ Justine
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Okay now i am nervous I am reading what you have written on all of your comment spaces, and I am a first time soon to be mom and i am 11 weeks 6 days along, I had my first apt. last friday and I was told that my Babys heartbeat is going at 170- 175 BPM. Should I be worried or is the chance of there being more than one more likely and the doctor was getting both their heartbeats?- Mrs. SQ
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
At 11 weeks my baby's heartbeat was at 165.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
At 6 weeks my babie bpm was 90. They said this is exactly what they would expect at this stage. I guess every Dr.'s range of "normal" differs. This is my third pregnancy and third baby!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
177465_tn?1288242063
My little guy's heartrate at 7 weeks was 114 and he's here, happy and healthy! :) Congrats and Good luck!
Comment
Cancel
177465_tn?1288242063
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Ultrasound update and heart beats per minute
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
Top Children's Health Answerers
134578_tn?1446090952