Maternal & Child Community
Unable to get pregnant

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Unable to get pregnant

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 8 years and have had no luck. We both have got to the doctors to get checked out and they said that everything looks normal all the test showed that we should get pregnant. What can we do to increase our chances to conceive? Is there some kind of method to use so that we can coneive faster? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!
Have you tried a fertility monitor or OPk kit.  Are you checking your temperatures?  Are you watching the calendar?  Are you watching for cervical mucus?  Is your boy avoiding hot tubs and things like that?  You may already know all this.
I have seen books on barnes and noble .com to help people with conceiving...I would try those...or you could try invitro fertilization...I heard it is expensive..but don't you think it would be worth it...My husband and I struggled after 2 miscarriages...and stating trying right away...but never got pregnant for 10 months...my doctor says just try not to think about and enjoy it as much as possible...Good luck
Hang in there Candy.  Eat well, take vitamins (you and him), and exercise lightly to keep in shape.  These things really do make a difference when TTC.  For me it took almost 10 years to have a pregnancy get past 12 weeks, but now I'm starting my 25th week tomorrow!  So hang in there, try to not stress, and if all the other natural attempts fail, there is always other options.
I dont mean to be too graphic but what I had heard and tried worked for me so I am going to share with you.

Do it at night EVERYNIGHT doggie style and go right to sleep.  Do not stand or pee.

I started the day my AF stopped and stopped when the test said positive.

Good luck to you.
I'd have to agree with the above poster on the doggy style. We tried for over a year total to get pregnant and never did. The month I tried doggy style was the month it FINALLY happened. I think it has something to do with placing the sperm DIRECTLY on the cervix; with doggy style, the penetration is deeper and sometimes the penis even hits the cervix. I think my cervix is tilted a little weird also---and I just really feel like the doggy style method is a big part of my success.
I also drank 8 oz. green tea once every day in the two weeks before we tried. I also took Geritol vitamins--have you heard that old wives tale--"Theres a baby in every bottle"
These are the things I did differently the month I finally conceived. I know it can get so discouraging. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know just how it feels to want a baby so badly, and to be so sad every month it doesn't happen.

Good luck!!!
hi candy
well we r sailing in the same boat i know how much it affects on one's peace of mind . i've being ttc for almost one yr no but no luck. i guess there's nothing else v can do but to wait. i know u'de hate this word 'wait' so do i but have faith.
all my other friends ttc are almost 5-6mnths pregnant but i'm yet to start it's frustrating .how much i hate god for doing this to me . so just wait till it happens best of luck and hope v're blessed soon.
HI EVERY ONE ,
   AS IVE READ HERE ,I ALWAYS FEEL THE SAME WAY THAT EVERYONE WANTS A BABY DUST,IM SO SAD OF MY SITUATION TOO BECAUSE I HAD A LEFT OVARY REMOVED SINCE 2005 ,THEN GOT THE DOCTORS CHECKED AND THE RESULT WAS I CAN BE ABLE TO GET PREGNANT ,MY HUSBAND ALSO DONE A SPERM ANALYSIS AND ITS POSSIBLE GET PREGNANT OF 40OMILLION COUNTS.AFTER ALL , I NEVER GET PREGNANT ,AND I HAD A HYSTEROSALPINGOGRAM LAST YEAR DECEMBER 2006 AND I DONT HAVE TUBE BLOCKAGE ,THEN THE OB HAS CHECK MY FOLLICULES  IT WAS MEASURED 12 AND INCREASE TO 20 WHICH IS THE GOOD TIME FOR INTERCOURSE FOR 3 SUCCESSIVE DAYS STRAIGHT ,THE PRBLEM IS SOMETIMES I HAD A IRREGULAR PERIODS WHICH DELAYED  ONE MONTH OR SOMETIMES TWO MONTHS ON A ROW ..I BEEN TAKING A CLOMID ALSO 2DND DAY OF MY PERIOD  100MG A DAY  FOR 5 DAYS STRAIGHT ...AND STILL DONT HAVE SUCCESS !!! I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO ,..AND PLEASE ADVICE ME  IF YOU CAN HAVE THE SAME STORY AS ME . I AM 34 YEARS OLD AND MY HUSBAND IS 38 YEARS OLD A LITTLE BIT OVERWEIGHT GUY .
THANKS EVERYONE , I NEED YOUR HELP BADLY
Me and my wife are 24 and we tried for two years. We took a vacation and went to Flordia and did not think about it and let all our worries go and  2 weeks after we got back from vacation we were prego. Great right, well June 23 2007 my wife 51/2 months prego went to the doc to find out the sex of the baby. They did the ultra sound and there was no heart beat and told me and my wife that our baby girl past away. I feel the pain and we know what it feels like, Ad vice to all TTC doggy stlye works, man on top works, and lots of PRAYER. Give our lives to Jesus, and if you need help doing it just ask him.
I heard from a friend and I read on line sometimes you can feel a pinch feeling or cramp in the abdominal area and that's sign that you ovulating.
acupuncture b/ham uk ***@****