Maternal & Child Community
Uneven breast size
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Uneven breast size

I am 9 weeks pregnant, and I only feel breast tenderness and notice breast growth on one side.  I am naturally small breasted, so any change is very noticeable, and now the one breast is about 50% larger than the smaller one (it hasn't changed at all, except for those goose bumps).  Am I doomed to have crooked breasts for my pregnancy or will they even out???
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Most women have noticably uneven breasts even when they are not pregnant. I think its a pretty normal thing.
Blank
Just wait until you have our baby : ) I am currently breastfeeding my 6 , almost 7 month old baby boy. My older son and this little guy both insist/insisted on nursing exclusively on the left side. Even during the time between weaning my older son and getting pg with my younger son, there was still a noticeable difference. But it did balance out better than I expected it to.

It is of course when nursing the way I have been forced to, in fact my right side is somewhere around a C and my left is DD-E, and even larger when I am engorged, which doesn't happen very often. Needless to say I do not where tight shirts in public, but in time I know the size difference will balance out.

Andrea
Blank
my son did the same thing....he preferred the left side when nursing.  i have about a half cup size difference in mine...and it only got worse when my milk dried up because the larger one stayed a little larger than it was before.
however now that i am pg again they have evened out a little. i'm hoping this one will nurse on the right so that i can even them out. LOL
~nanci
Blank
im a teenager who iz over weight and have uneven breast what is the cause of that iam actullly embrassed to say the least
Blank
215105_tn?1189759426
I have the uneven breast thing going on also (and am also small breasted...AA when I'm not preg or breastfeeding lol) And I only have soreness on the larger size. Not sure if it will even out, and the only reason I can think of that they are like this now when they weren't before I got preg with #1 is because my last 2 little ones both prefered the right side (the larger one).

Just curious as to where you're from with your screen name....I'm from Louisiana :-)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank