Maternal & Child Community
Unisom/Vit. B6 for Morning Sickness
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Unisom/Vit. B6 for Morning Sickness

Has anyone taken Unisom and Vitamin b6 for morning sickness?  I am 6w3d pregnant with my 5th baby and am just starting to feel sick.  I usually get really, really bad morning sickness that lasts 16 weeks or so.  My friend recommended 1/2 tablet of unisom and 25mg. B6 every 10 hours.  She took it for her last 2 babies and they are fine.  Plus, I know another friend that is taking it right now and it is helping her alot.  I have researched it and it seems pretty safe.  I will be calling and asking my dr., but I just wanted to know if anyone here has taken this before and if it helped you and if the baby was fine?   I did not take this (didn't know about it) with my other babies and I am just nervous to try something new.  But, I get so sick and I just can't see taking care of 4 children in that condition.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thank you!

Stacey:o)
P.S.  I have had a molar pregnancy before (and 2 miscarriages)and I am 38 years old (lots of reasons for high risk, I guess) and I just found out that I have to wait till January 23 to have an official ultrasound...seems so far away!! :o(
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
When I was really sick with my DD, I took a half tablet unisom at night, since I got night sick, not morning sick, anyway, it work wonderings.  This time around, nothing seemed to work, I did try the additonal b6, I'm over the MS now, so all is good.  

Good luck.
Blank
Yes, it is safe.  It is what my Dr. recommended for me to take when I wasn't feeling well.  The only problem with it is that it makes you so sleepy!  Hope you feel better soon.  Luckily, I only felt bad for a little over 3 weeks.
Blank
My dr told me that Unisom was safe too. I have severe night/morning sickness and was put on compazine for the vomiting. I would not worry..I have a friend ready to go (35 weeks) and she is on Unisom for sleeping purposes, she has pregnancy insomnia. Good luck!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
How to Silence Your Inner Critic an...