Maternal & Child Community
Unwell baby :(
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Unwell baby :(

My baby girl is approaching 6 months old (1 week's time) She is struck down with a cold and a cough :( :( Poor thing is soo poorly. I am breastfeeding her by expressing her milk. So that will help I know. Is there anything else I can do to relieve her symptoms? She sounds mucusy, she has watery eyes and nose. Any advice appreciated. (I would take her to the doctors but they are always so reluctant to give medication when babies are small - they will likely tell me to keep her fluid intake up and keep an eye on her temperature) thanks
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
That is really all you can do unless a bacterial infection sets in. Good Luck I hope she gets better soon.
Blank
171768_tn?1324233699
sleep her elevated, either with a crib wedge or in a bouncy seat if she's really bad. My first always used to gag and vomit from the phlegm and that helped. Also, you can use a cool mist humidifier. If she's very stuffy, bring her into a steamy bathroom for her feeds. You can use saline drops and a nasal aspirator as well.
my friend just tried the arianna baby vac and swears its awesome. apparently it's pretty commonly used in some european countries.
Blank
Aw, colds are not fun, but they will pass.  You are right to push the fluids, more so than the solids.  The elveation thing is great too & the steam.  You can also do the saline drops & suction the nose, but it's not fun.  We had to do that with Carson when he was little.  Hang in there & don't feel bad about calling the nurse with any questions, there really isn't much that they can give you though at this age, even with my 6 yr old they do not give anything.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...