Maternal & Child Community
Vaccines and autism?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Vaccines and autism?

I keep seeing all these articles about a potential link between vaccines and autism. I've always gotten my kids immunized, but this is making me nervous. Anyone delay or forego vaccines?
I would rather vaccinate my child. I dont see the risk.
the reasons to why this issue has come across within the past few years, not only with autism but also ADD and ADHD, it's been said that the mercury is too concentrated for some children upon receiving their vaccinations. However, depending where you are living, I don't know much about Canada but apparently, don't quote me but it's been said that the United States have been trying to remove it from their vaccinations...I wouldn't worry too much about it, speak to the doctor:)
My dr. said there was never any proven link.  Also, I do believe the US has changed most of the vaccines so they don't have that much mercury.  I know at least when I got my daughter the flu shot, I had the choice of Themerisol free since she was just 2 years old.  

I think the risk of getting sick from not being vaccinated is greater than any autism risk, although I know others would beg to differ.
I have aspergers syndrome.. which my mother attributes to my 6 year old shots..  aspergers syndrome is a mild form of autism.. I worry alot about my children.. and.. what shots they should or should not get.. do some research.. cross reference everything.. where one doctor says there is no link.. there is going to be one that does.  my childrens pediatrician suggested that I wait to have my children vaccinated.. due to the fact that my son richard passed away 7 days after he got his first series of shots.  I am a strong believer in doing what you feel is right for your child.. I have some sights i can direct you in .. that i have found very helpful.. just let me know.  My ds I am carrying now will NOT recieve some particular shots.. I am not going to take that  chance. since i have been told by several doctors that i should be wary considering  my other son.  its all about opinion.. and no matter what... there is always two sides to every coin.   I wish you the best of everything with whatever you choose!! take care.. and God Bless
Those studies have been completely debunked by credible scientists around the world.

It is a sad fact that we do not have any idea why some children develope autism.  My personal opinion is that it is on the rise because our world is growing so polluted, especially our food supply.
Hi!  I am very interested in any of the sites you have related to vaccines.  I am currently taking an online course about vaccines and possible side effects.  My Dh and I have not made any decisions as to what we will do when our child is born, but are heavily researching the issue now.  I currently work with children birth - 3 diagnosed with special needs - anything from speech delays to autism to seizure disorders, so I always interested in the research surrounding such issues as vaccines.  You can post them or email them to: ***@****  Thanks so much!!!  All the best to everyone!!!
Hi, I have been wondering about all the vaccines myself, I know when your child is born, they will automatically give them a Vitamin.K shot, a HepB shot and a Tetnis shot, I have already told my OB i dont want her to have any shots given after birth. I am very interested in what you will allow your children, to have, and why and what you wont and why, please E-mial me or post here.

Thank -You.

***@****
OH...I forgot to mention that my youngest is fine now!!  Praise the Lord!!! :o)
im not taking any chances.

I was raised on a farm.. we brought in NO food.. nothing.. we relied on the soil.  we were organic farmers.  I was a healthy.. vibrant.. young little girl.  when the state forced my mother to put me into school.. i was held down.. and forced to  get the shots..

after that.. nothing was right... I  became sick.. all the time.. so many bad things happened inside my body.  

i have read plenty of articles .. concerning vaccinations.

i find it incredulous to believe that my son passed from anything else.. especially .. when i was told.. that the pertussis vaccine DID cause my sons lungs to fill with congestion.

i believe .. that there are positive things that come out of shots.. believe me.. i am for some.. but not for others..

as for debunking.. well. no one doc.. or study group.. or anyone.. can sit there and tell me.. that it didnt happen.. lets take for instance.. hmm flouride.. wow.. now the studies coming out are AGAINST it.  what was once though so wonderful and grand.. is now being looked at again.. in a whole new light.. there is soo much we all do not know.. and so much we go on by word of mouth.. or through our docs..

we have to become more proactive in our lives.. and our childrens lives.  

so concerning vaccines.. i believe.. they do more harm in this day and age.. than good. many moons ago.. they did what they were supposed to do..
it is a hard decision to make.. whether to have your children innoculated.. on both sides.. we dont want our children to become sick.. it tears at us all .. no matter what..

and i have said this before.. lol. i do hope that no one becomes offended from this post.. we are all here.. as friends.. and can agree to disagree.. to each his own!!

baby dust to all!!
here is a great article for you to read...  

http://curezone.com/diseases/vaccination/default.asp

I believe my youngest son had neurological complications from his 4 month shots.  I have not given him anymore shots since then.  I worry sometimes about him getting one of the diseases, but really there is very little risk.  I have studied this extensively and you will find the rate of the diseases were going down before they starting vaccinating for them.  The govt. KNOWS that the vaccines do cause harm to some children that is why there is actually a govt. fund for children who have been damaged by vaccines.  I think there is something to the MMR and Autism link.  I think there are just some children who cannot handle the toxins that are in the vaccines.  My first 3 were vaccinated and were fine, but my 4th had a reaction...it was a very scary reaction too.  Also, vaccines do NOT guarantee that your child will not get the disease...there have been mump/measles/chicken pox breakouts and the majority have been vaccinated!!  I am not saying don't vaccinate...it is a personal choice.  I am just saying you should research it, pray about it and make an informed decision.  Don't just listen to your doctors...they gave my now 14 yo. live polio vaccine (liquid)when he was a baby and said it was safe...well, now they give the dead virus (shot) and when I asked why, they said because the live one actually gave some children polio.  I don't think they have all the answers either!!
I know that most of you are going to think that I am nuts, but I follow Sylvia Browne her website is http://www.sylvia.org/home/index.cfm . I believe in God also, so no i am not a devil lover, I know the bible says they are bad, but like I said it's just another opinion.  Anyways she is always on the Montel show like on Wednesdays.  And I watched the show about her 2007 predictions.  Anyways she said that autism wasn't related to vacc. and that sadly these things that are vaccinated will come back to the US because so many parents are not vaccinating kids, and that the kids will get the diseases and virus for the things that vacc are supposed to prevent.  She said they will discover that autism is related to a missing amino acid.  And that kids will be able to be given this amino acid and the problems of autism will disappear over a short period of time in the child.  You don't have to believe me or her, but she has gotten a lot of stuff right, and if there is such a things as psychic I think she is real.  Just something to ponder.
interesting...
this is something i am interested as well, and i have discussed it with my DH who is a pharmacist. we have decided that we will vacinate our child, BUT we will not use the vaccines that the pediatricians have on hand in the office. now i know i'm probably simplifying this (i tend to forget some of the stuff DH rambles about), but basically i think he said that it is the link between autism and vaccines is related to the preservatives in the vaccines. he said that we should be able to get prescriptions for versions of the vaccines that do not contain the preservatives. shorter shelf-life = more expensive, but it's a cost we're willing to pay. we both feel it's important to vaccinate children, but don't want to take any unneccessary risks. (although, i am not so sure about the chicken pox vaccine. i would rather my child get it as a young child than risk having them aquire it when they're older. just think- i don't have to worry about potential complication to pregnancy because i had chicken pox as a child. this next generation is going to have to be very careful! plus, working with young children, i have seen kids who had the vaccine get the disease.)