Maternal & Child Community
Vaginal discharge during early pregnancy - What's normal?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I already have a question posted under "Increasing HCG levels, but u/s not matching gestational age".  You might want to read that to know my history.  I have been noticing an occassional discharge off and on.  It's not brown or red... just a sort of light beige.  It's not heavy, just a slight showing on my pantyliner.  I was reading a book that said that an increase in a whitish discharge is normal.  Has anyone else out there had this occur during a normal preganacy (pregnancy) or is it only supposed to be white.  Please if anyone knows.///Thank You
i have. it's suppposed to be cream colored or white. it's because of the increasing levels of progesterone in your body. totally normal.
I already posted this in the wrong section, sorry!
  I am 8 weeks and have had tan discharge.  There isnt much of it and it isnt all the time.  I noticed it last night when i wiped.  Im not having any pain.  I read that some women "spot" around the time they would have normally had a period.  Anyone had the same?  Please, any news good or bad would be helpful.  thank you...
Hi! I am also 8 weeks pg and i am having the same discharge...my dr told it's a yeast infection and just to take monistat...so call your doc, it might be the same thing. it's very common in early pregnancy...hope this helps!
I  am trying to get pregnant. I have been for almost two months, I have taken a few pregnancy tests and they all say negative. But I have not had my period since we started trying. I also have noticed that I am having tan/beige colored vaginal discharge. Is this a sign of pregnancy??
I also been trying to get pregnant.I taught i was because my breast are hurting ,urinating often than usual ,i saw a sign of spotting and white discharge and then i saw some brownish pale blood the next day.If i am pregnant i will be only  2 weeks or so .Can that be implantation bleeding.  
I also did a pregnant test before that and it was negative but i think it was too early .Can all these be symptoms of pregnancy are the symptoms of period?       by aisha_27***@****
I did my first pregnancy test today and it was positive, this will be my third pregnancy, but i also realised that i had a beige discharge this evening, i never had this with previous pregnancies, but it is great to hear that it seems normal, as i was getting a lil worried.
If your pregnancy test says negative you are not pregnant I had the same problem 6 years ago I though I was pregnant I took like 10 pregnancy test all negative I didn't know what was wrong with me I didn't have a period for 2 months I finally went to my Dr. and nothing was wrong and I was not pregnant, he ask me if I change any habits I said to him I'm working out for 2 hours every day and I change my diet and he said the change was so drastic confused by body.  I hope this help.
Hi sha97
2 weeks is to early for a pregnancy test wait 2 more weeks but it sounds like you are.  but to be sure wait and test yourself again Good Luck keep us posted.
Hi tori2302
Congratulations!
It's normal but always let your OBGY know what's going on just to be in the safeside.  I'm also trying to get pregnant again with my 3rd after 8 month I finally got AF on march 17 hoping to get prenant this month wish me luck.
i did a pregnancy test and it come out positive. i missed my period but around the time i was suppose to get it ive had camps like i was going to start,but never did, and i have the same discharge, is this normal.
HI! I JUST WANTED TO SHARE MY SITUATON. TODAY  IS 4/4/08 M LAST PERIOD WAS 2/27/08. THE THING IS WHEN I GOT MY PERIOD IN FEB I WAS SPOTTING FOR T FIRST 3 DAYS THEN IT DECIDED TO COME DOWN. NOW I AM EXERIENCING DISCHARGE. IT DOESN'T HAVE A COLOR IT' CLEAR FROM WHAT I SEE. CAN OMEONE HELP ME OUT. BY THE WAY I HAVEN'T TAKEN A TEST YET. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME F I SHOULD TAKE ONE NOW OR WAIT A LIL LONGER
I am so glad i found this site. I had the beige or cream color discharge with my son and they said it was from the progesterone suppositories irritating my cervix. My dh and i got pregnant now on our own and i am not on progesterone and started with a little of this again when i wipe. Thank you so much for helping put my mind at ease.
Hi my name is kassie i'm 17 years old me and my boyfriend have been tryinh to have a baby. A couple weeks ago we had unprotected sex about three days later i started spotting i thought i was goin to start but it only lasted a day and a half, i thought it was normal cause usually after i have sex i usually spot, I knew i was supposed to start my period within the next week and by the time it came around i didnt start then i waited for about a week inbetween that time i have been feeling really sick when i smoke pluse i'm tired i have craps, i keep thinking im goin to start but i haven't a have also been haveing discharge thinkin that its my period but its not. I took a preg test it came up as false it was also from the dollar store and i took it a week and four days after i had sex was i supposed too? What do you think it is? please help me
OK im only 15 and i had unprotected sex a couple of times with my boyfreind.
and ever since then ive been havin alot of changes going on in my body here they are: heartburn, nausea, fatigue, bloating, cramping but no period,lower back aches,and that vaginal discharge you guyz were talking about. Could this be pregnacy. plz answer me and id be very appreciative. Thank You!!
Hey emogirl, a more accurate sign of pregnancy is a missed period and a positive pregnancy test.  If you have not had either, don't worry.  Those signs could be due to other changes in your life, and they could also be the fact that you are worried about it.  The mind is very powerful and, if you worry, you bring the right symptoms into your body, when they are not 'real'  symptoms.  Please keep me posted. Good luck which ever final result you are hoping for :)
Hi Kassie, please read what I wrote to emogirl above.  Stop worrying until it's time to worry, and stop hoping until you really know.  These factors can case you to have symptoms you didn't have before.  There is also something called "Pseudocyesis" or "Imaginary Pregnancy" and you do not want to be caught on that :)  Keep me posted!!
hi well i had sex on 5/2/08 and i usually get my period by the 19th but i have not gotten it yet its it to early to take the pg test?? i been very sleepy lately and i been having lower back aches and i been getting cramps but no sign of my period.  if someone could help that would be great thank you
I am 24 and trying to conceive my second child.  I had to get on a pill to try and regulate my period b/c It was only coming twice a year...  Now I have a period every month almost at the same time...  I have been experiencing clear discharge and usually only exp. that when I am ovulating, I ovulated like 2 wks ago, I have been extremely tired lately as I was with my first son almost six years ago also more heartburn then I usually have.  I hope that I am pregnant, I did take a pregnancy test 2 days ago and negative.  What does everyone think???
also the only time that i have been cramping is when I exercise...
It is now june 17th and my period is ten days late.  My cycle was 31 days last month and I am now at the 41 day mark.  I am not taking another pregnancy test until friday, then I will be two weeks late, and that will be easier to detect...
hi i am 6 weeks pregnant just over i also have been havin a white discharge this is my 4th child and you cant remeber any signs lol i have been really worried my self as i have lower back pains aswell and some period like pains by the looks of things this could be normal any1 else been havin these sort of pains and discharge in early pregnancie?
It is now July 10th and I was due for my period the 8th.  It has not came yet.  I am having mild cramping, if I was pregnant I think that I would be about 6 weeks along, I am also having some bloating and lower back pain and I still have the same discharge plus about one week ago I noticed that I have a yeast infection.  I had a yeast infection very early in my last pregnancy, so i am wondering if i should use all these signs as an answer.  I have taken taken about 8 pregnancy test, 2 light positives and 6 negative.  Could somebody give me some advice or maybe tell me what they think about my problem...  I am convinced that I am pregnant, but i try to stop thinking about it, but I can't its drivin me up the wall.....!!!!
ok well im a month and a half pregnant and im having like a tan discharge...i thought it was well think maybe is a yeast inffection because its itchy but it also has this odor to it? my std test came back positive about 3 weeks ago so what is it?
I don't normally have any sort of vaginal discharge.  I did with my first pregnancy but not with my second.  I'm not having any other pregnancy symptoms, but discharge.  It's white in color and doesn't smell.  I'm not due to start my period for another week, so I was wondering if this could be any early sign of pregnancy?  Please help....
I am so glad I found this site.  Can somebody please give me some advice.  My husband and I are trying to have a baby well our third, you would think I would know this stuff by now.  I had my period on july 25 but it was really light and only lasted not even a full three days.  Well I took a week of pills before we decided to start after that week i spotted for a couple of days(assuming this was from stopping pills).  Well for the past few days I have been cramping alot which I usually do not do too much before I start.  also my low back has been aching.  And well I just feel pregnant, but I am scared my head is just playing tricks on me.  My breasts have even been tingling.  Today I noticed I have been having a discharge kind of on the tan side.  I am very bloated and just feel full and not to mention I have gotten sick already at the smell of certain things and not really had an appetite.  But I took a pregnancy test and it was negative.  Just needed some support and someone elses opinion.  I am going crazy waiting for the end of this week!!! If I am not preg I will be starting friday or saturday.
hey,
My name is Ashley.. I am 16 years old.. I have had unprotected sex with my bf.. I was supposed to start my period on the 20th of this month and i still aint started.. i have been running to the bathroom because i have been having a clear discharge and it feels like i am on my period and i run to the bathroom cuz i always think i started but i didnt.. i just had unprotected sex on the 20th of this month.. how soon do you think a test will come out accurate and do u think i could possibly be pregnant?? If you have any advice please email me at ashley_75889***@****

Thanks..
i have been trying to ge pregnant for 9 months now. this month i an 10 days late with negative pregnancy test is it possible that i can be pregnant i am also having brown color discharge is thata misscarrage
Hi, i am 10 weeks preg and have been having a clear watery like discharge, does anyone know what this is?
I had my IUD removed on the 29th and 4 days later my husband and I had unprotected sex....  I started takin the pill on the 29th but has missed more than a few of the pills. The ones I remember to take are not at the same time I intended. I am now having clear discharge that started as tan. He say I might be preg but I am unsure.  I took a test but it was neg. My breast are killing me and I had and even showing signs of milk. My youngest child is about to be two years old. What is really going on????? If any body know what is going on please reply or email me at ***@****
hey
im 7 n half weeks pregnant i have been having some discharge but its been like thick n its kind of a yellow white but closer to white n its like lil chunks but it doesnt happen very often just a couple times...what could this be?
I am 19 years old. I've taken several online pregnany quizes and most of them say i'm pregnant or might be.  And my vaginal discharge is like a white color but not foul. It is more like a clear color. Am i pregnant?
when you were taking these online quizzes, did any of them ask if you had a positive pregnancy test? because honestly, that is the ONLY thing that can confirm if you are pregnant.
Stop with the online quizzes and take a pregnancy test.

Is this poster for real or pulling our leg?
hi every1...
yesterday i took a home pregnancy test and it was a really faint positive.. today i took 3 more and same result. Is it possible im not pregnant? i only had sex 3 times during this cycle, all unprotected but the first and third time i took the morning after pill... i wasnt supposed to be ovulating any of those days but i took the pill just to be sure... do you think there's a possibility i am not pregnant after 4 hpt with a faint positive? im worried, me and my bf are not ready to be parents. pls help im waiting for my blood test results... im really scared
and about my vaginal discharge is white and creamy and there is almost none of it most of the time... does this mean im not pregnant?
I am 30 and this is my first time trying to get pregnant.  I have had had 2 "chemical pregnancies" in the past 6 months.   (Chemical pregnancies are early miscarriages at 4-5 weeks.)  I am currently  4 weeks pregnant again and keeping my fingers crossed that this one is going to last.  With my first 2 miscarriages, I had a lot of dark brown & pink discharge that was kind of stringy when I wiped.  I knew right from the start that they wouldn't hold.  I have heard that as long as there is no red blood, you should be good. I have also heard that stringy discharge can be a bad sign too.  However, I did read that a few women had healthy babies that experienced stringy discharge.  

With my current pregnancy, they put me on progesterone.  I am experiencing the same stringy discharge again, but there is a lot less.  However, my breasts are not swelling as much as the last time.  Do you think I could still be pregnant?  It could be the progesterone stopping the discharge.  Not sure what to think.  

I get my lab work back tomorrow.  They want to see if my HCG is doubling every 2-3 days.  I'm so nervous.  I hear the 3 consecutive chemical pregnancies can be a sign of a serious problem.  
be_girl,  

A faint positive means that HCG is present and you are pregnant. Don't panic yet, a lot of times a faint positive simply means an egg was fertilized, but it won't necessarily attach.  Your test results will hopefully tell you more.  
I have been doing fertility for 2 years with no luck..  On the 18thof Jan. i had an assisted egg hatching implantation of my own 2 eggs..  I took a prego test and it said I was pregnant.  This morning I woke up to white discharge, to the point I thought I peed my pants..  I called the dr. and they said It could be a few things..  i was wondering if any one has had this before and could give me comfort than the Dr..  
could u get pregnant if u are breastfeeding and still didnt have a period after giving birth, my baby is now 5 and a half months old
I am 4 weeks 7 days pregnant and I'm having discharge, but, it's not stringy. It's just a tiny-tiny bit of discharge in my underwear. No blood, no spotting. Everything else seems to be going as well as can be expected. I'm nauseated, exhausted, certain foods and smells make me feel yucky, going to the bathroom a lot, somewhat constipated, sore boobs... You name it. To my knowledge, I have never been pregnant before, but I do have a history of left-ovary cysts. I am 30, healthy, active, and discovered I was pregnant when I had lower abdomen cramping, not bad like period cramping, just weird light crampies for about 5 days in a row, and then my period was late. 3 positive pregnancy tests later and I finally believe I'm pregnant! I'm just hoping all goes well. I guess I have to wait til 8 weeks or so to go in to the doctor, but, just in the meantime, I'd like to know if anyone has had a similar discharge situation and if  it's normal?
Hi i have this white cloudy discharge, and is not running but comes out like snot.  Also have experianced wet stuff coming out and my panties are soaked.  Does this mean i may be PG??
Discharge does not mean that you are Pg. It is also a clear sign that you could be ovulating. I know when I am ovulating because I have a clear "goop" following some cloudy discharge anytime during your cycle. Does not have to be 14 days after or before you period is due. When you have this clear goop stuff it should be stretchy and able to stretch between your fingers. If you are TTC then that is a good time to get busy. Worked for us 3x and we conceived 3x on first try. We are now 8 weeks pg and hope to not miscarry this baby as we have with the past 2. I have having cloudy DC now also and unless there is red colour - I am not going to worry about it.
I wish you good luck and like your positive attitude. I have miscarried twice also after conceiving quite easily. We are trying again but I am scared and pessimistic...
hi I;m 7 weeks with 2nd baby. but i'm getting like a yellow discharge also my breast tenderness seems to be going down in the morning but comes back at night. my 1st pregnancy was 5 years ago so i dont really remember if i had this last time. can somone tell me if the yellow discharge is normal please. verry worried. driving my husband crazy with it. thanks
just because you have a negative test does not mean you arn`t pregnant. women very on the level of hormones they have at different times of the pregnancy the only way to really know is to go get a blood test done. and if you take one at home wait a week or two after the first day of you missed period.

oh and i have missed my period by 6 days i have discharged that is white/clear... and my tummy is different and i think my bellybutton is shallower.... and really i have been alot-less bitchy to my husband,lol i have cramps like im going to start but i dont and i have been getting car sick  
hi. ange i am 8 weeks 3 days preg so similar to you. At 6 weeks i had a very light brown yellowy dischage 4 a week, it has now completely gone n i just have normal white discharge....i wouldnt worry too much it seems to be very normal this early on. As long as its just brown n yellow its not to much to worry about, unless it is very exessive or turns red. I pested my partner constantly when i had ths n was soooo worried. It helped when i read that it was normal so i hope this really helps..
Hello. IF I'm prego I'd be about 4 weeks now, all of you mommys could you tell me if you had alot of the symptoms before you missed your period (which I haven't YET) or if you had any symptoms at all??
Thank you!
soo. over the summer, i had sex with someone and the condom had broke. after that, i hadn't gotten my period when i was supposed to. ive missed two periods now, and they're always on time. i dont know what to do. i had taken three pregnancy tests and they all came out negative. but i dont know why i havent gotten my period yet. I have a semi-thick discharge, and i was supposed to get my period this week, but i hadnt and the discharge came out a beige color. i really am not in the position to be pregnant. im only 16. i dont know what it is or whats going on. i havent really had any symptoms. im just so confused.
Take another pregnancy test.  Use your first morning urine, and follow all label directions exactly.  
You don't say specifically when the broken condom event was, but a pregnancy test should be positive 2-3 weeks after conception.  

If you are having a discharge that is unusual, you could also have an infection.  Best bet is to tell your mom that you are having a funny discharge and you want to get it checked out.  Even women who are virgins can get certain vaginal infections, so your mom shouldn't automatically think you have had sex, if that is a concern.

Good luck.
My husband and are trying to conceive for about 3 months know...This month i have been having a clear thick discharge..my panties are always wet. I also have a very high appetite and some cramping for like three day and still feel like a am going to get it but haven't YET ..I and one day late right know.  We took a preg. test and it said negative ...I Know that you can make yourself have symptoms...how long should i wait to take another one? ...is the clear discharge a good sign or bad?
I'm having dark brown to red discharge I'm only about 4-5 weeks pregnant having a scan on Friday the 22 January 2010 I'm scared to find no hart beat as this is out first pregnancy what should I do
WELL IM 17 YEARS OLD YES IM STILL YOUNG I  UNDERSTAND.BUT I HAD GOTTEN MY PERIOD THIS MONTH BUT RECENTLY I HAD THIS KIND OF PINKISH DISCHARGE WITH SOME MILD CRAMPING.N MY BREAST HURT REALLY BADLY.IVE ALSO BEEN FEELING VERY TIRED && IM FEELING LOWKEY WIERD..CAN ANYONE TAKE THIS FEAR AWAY N TELL ME THAT ITZ NORMAL && THAT I MIGHT NOT BE PREGNANT..
My husband and I are pregnant with our 3rd child.  It has been 14years from the last time I had a little one in the house.  So it is like starting all over again.  We are now 5 weeks pregnant and have been having cramping and back pain.  I have also notice whitish discharge, I called my doctor and she informed that this is normal and that the cramping is from you uterus expanding for baby and the discharge is from hormonal changes.  So mommies to be I wouldn’t worry, this is common.  Now if it is bloody or red in color then I would see my doctor.  Good luck to you all    
I've been having tan discharging for the last three days.  I went to the emergency room and they said that everything is okay.  but i've had two miscarriages already. wondering if it is happening again?  what do you all think.  please help me.
hi im TTC and had a normal period on the 8th april went until the 13th april, i had stringy egg CM from then until the 17th april. yesterday the 20th april i had tiny little flecks of blood in my discharge than through out the nigh i had 2 spots on the pad and nothing else until i woke this morning and had a tiny bit of brown blood. just went to the toilet before and (was constipated which is not normal for me) wiped and had some browny/red stringy blood. can someone help me i dont know if that was implantation bleeding?
Ok..I need help...I tried to get preg almost 2months ago and a month later had all the signs so I took a test and it said no... then one week late I got what I thought was my period but it wasn't even for three days and it is usually is more like 6days. So for the past 2weeks I've woke up with my stomach in pain from hunger and I have a whitesh tanish discharge and no period? Any ideas
hi :) i'm 6 weeks pregnant this is my first pregnancy and im so happy! but i been having cramps on & off almost everyday not bad ones thougth and white,creamy discharge..is that normal???  please help!
I am 4 weeks pregnantwith my thid child and I am hereto tell you that it is very normal t cramp on and off for the first month or so...It is also normal t have creamy, white discharge too...I had boh of those with my all my pregnancies...It is totally normal
i have been trying to get pregnant and i just wanted to no if having barely any discharge is normal? well.... would this be normal if i am pregnant?
Okay Im going to be 19 yrs old in 9 days....my Fiancé was just shipped of to boot camp an wont be back for another 8weeks. my last period was may 22nd but only lasted about 3 days or so...i started feeling sickish and having this heavy white cream colored discharge and I thought it was because i was going to start my period well im late and took a pregnancy test an it came out  positive im worried about the discharge ): if something may be wrong
hi, i'm 7weeks pregnant with my second. my first pregnancy went brilliantly discharge was the normal white creamy but in the last two days i've noticed i have some brownish/black discharge. A family member has said that it can happen if i should normally be having a period or ovualating around now. i hope she's right! looks like engine oil!!!
Hi I am not tryn to conceive but I have noticed and itchy and a small amount of discharge for about 5 daysor so.. Today I went to use the restroom and had a excesive amount of discharge in the toilet that was whitish and there is a small amount of odor.. It ran out as if it was urine and looked like yogurt.... My husband and I have had sex without birth control about 4 to 5 days after my period... Please tell me if that is a sign of pregnancy.
Hi I don't know how to start. Well the last 2 months were really werird I had my period on the 8th of September 2010 and it lasted for 5 days then me and my husband were active since the 17th of Sept til about the 25th. A week later my breasts began to hurt I got dizee and I ate a lot of peenut butter witch I never do. So the 8th of October my period arrived it was lighter than usual but it lasted for 7-8 days it ended the 15th. Now since monday the 18th my breasts began to hurt my back hurts and I am braking out (skin) my legs started to hurt aswel and my nose bleeds a lot these days and I am getting more fever blisters than usual. I don't know what is going on and btw me and my husband used the withdrawl (withdrawal) method please I look forward from hearing from you guys soon. Please email your oppinion since I don't go a lot on this website. Please me.***@****
hi! ladies iam 5 mnths preg and experiencing white fluids and sometimes itchy is this normal or what
hello
i would be about 2 weeks in to and i have had the white like milky discharge i is runny like not like normal discharge but not sure what it is if i'm pregnant or not go to doctor tomorrow.
kenzie go to your doctor, tell them you are try or not, tell them you have this discharge, and donate some blood to them, and let them tell you if you are pregnant or not, but don't guess because if you are you need to start taking care of the baby, and if your not let the doctor tell you what to do about it.
hi,
if any one of u can answer this..
i had my period on jan 10th. my cycle is usually 35 days. my husband & me have been having sex at a gap of 2 days..my vaginal discharge is clear white..i'm urinating more than usual..but i don't see any other symptoms..
have not evn taken pregnancy test..
please suggest, m i pregnant??
At this point if you were pregnant it would be very early(roughly 4/5 weeks ) and at this point test MAY OR MAY NOT come back positive. I am in the same boat as you... Last cycle was Jan17th and roughly 31 days in length, 4 days before my expected cycle this month I got slight pink discharge when I wiped, followed by beige this lasted a day at the most. Thought my cycle was coming but NOTHING. Now nearly 2 weeks late I have been getting excessive amounts of clear discharge. With my first son, I had similar time line of events. So if you are pregnant wait one more week to make sure then test. This way if you are... you will get it POSITIVE on the first test and you wont be wondering. Hope this helps!!
I'm hoping I'm pregnant too! I have a thickish white/creamy discharge so it's a little different to yours but if I'm pregnant I'm only nearly 4 weeks, good luck!
hi i am 22 years old im having a lot of discharge but alos experiencing alot headaches and naseauted i feel like i am prego but i havent done a home pregnancy test yet my main concern why am i having alot of clear and white discharge my last period was feb 28th 2011 but it only lasted 4 days and it was light????
I think you are pregnant! you might not have enough HCG yet so wait to do your home preg test a week after u miss ur period.
mine was like a thin-thick creamy white, mixed with ewcm, and im now 17 weeks pregnant
my periods are pretty irregular but always very between 28 and 35 days....it is now 35 days since last period which was on 16th Feb 2011 and still nothing....i have been extremely tired however put this down to having a hectic weekend and have also been needing to urinate a lot more frequently...i have experienced a white discharge, to the extent i thought i had started my period but nothing. Could i be pregnant or could it be down to me having a hectic week? when would be best to take a test? any advice would be greatly appreciated.....thank you xxx
just a quick note to all...just been and got my self a test....HPT positive...a little shocked, it has not sunk in yet...will be excited when it hits home :D xx hope you all get the answers you looking for xx
Hi every one.
just been reading through some of the comments on here and some i can relate to. i was due to come on yesterday (march 27th 11) but havent come on as such yet. about 5 days ago i started spotting brown blood so i thought i was going to be early. but other than the the little bit of brown blood all i have had is like a brown/beige discharge, that isnt there all the time. me and my bf have been trying to conceive for about a year with no luck. has any one else had this and ended up being pregnant?
hello
my  period was on march 19th and well it stoped as normal and this past monday the 4th i bled light pink blood.. only lasted for less than a day and from then on i had mild cramps, my back hurted and i felt something tingling my breast some pain not to bad of a pain tho. i belive it was thursday that i discharged with a little blood not a lot i have discharge thinking its my period but its not its more of a light brown discharge. i talked to my nurse at school and she said i might be miscarring or pregnant im really scared idk what it could be can yall help me please!
I am going through the same thing my period is 2 weeks late and I have a creamy white discharge that just gushes out and has done it all day today! We have been trying to conceive for 1 year do u think it's a prego sign I've taken so many test in the past and they were negative that it depresses me to have a neg. Test so I am trying not to take one!
Hi im 18 yrs old and engaged I recently went ahead and tested the waters with my fiance before marriage and now its been 4 wks and Im suppose to be on my period right now but im not I missed one day and now that I woke up today I find a slight faded color blood as I wiped and im too young to be pregnant but then again if im pregnant I dont wanna lose it soo is it normal to have just a lil spotting during pregnancy
I am also having this discharge. It began the day I wouldve ended my normal period. In Jan-4 ended. Jan.13. I start on provera for.10.days. Started period on Feb.1 March 6-11 April 6-11  now.may nothing just this brown / tan / discharge began on 11of May. When I urinate this long stringy substance comes out. WEIRD What could it b  we r trying 4baby.#2  I hope anybody have sum advice plz    thanks
So my Breasts always hurt a week or so before my period. Im due for it in 2 days and my breast don't hurt at all!!! Im 21 and started getting my period when I was 12 never missed a month and always knew it was coming bc of my breast being sore. Today i noticed I have a very milky white discharge, it has no smell. Also all moring I had little cramps but I never got cramps with my period before just tender breasts. I have taken a pregnancy test but it was negative. My older sisters are both pregnant and both think I am and it's just too early to tell! Has anyone experienced this before? Im not all that ready to have a baby so im freakin out a little bit..
actually 2 weeks isn't too early to find out if you are pregnant or not. it really just depends on the test you use and how strong the sperm was. i used one of those pregnancy tests that is suppose to be able to let you test early and it worked. i had missed my period for only a few days when i thought i should get a test, i bought it, took it, and it came out positive
I have been married for close to a month now, and we didn't have sex before we got married. Now im a little over a week late for my period. I was on birth control so there is no reason my period should not have came. I'm cramping but not like i would with a period but no period, i'm always tired, lower back pains, i'm very moody and emotional and i headaches pretty frequently. two days ago i started having this stringy discharge with a little blood in it, but it comes and goes only a very few tiny blood clots, mostly a mucus discharge. i have taken two HPT's both negative, and i talked to a nurse practitioner and she said i'm either pregnant or i have a cyst. has anyone had this problem before?
Hi my name is alaisa I'm 22yo. This is my 2nd pregnancy and I have been experiencing some light vaginal discharge. So far I'm 11weeks. I haven't experienced this vaginal discharge on my first pregnancy. This has been going on for almost 3-4 days now. I just wanted to know if this was normal? Because I'm staring to think I was delayed on my period again. Please help me? Anyone? Thank you!
hi kassie. i am not here to judge b/c i would never. i just wanted to tell you i got pregnant right after high school with my first son. It is beyond hard to raise a baby at that young age. 1- all of your youth....you can kiss out the window. i can almost guarantee that when your my age-23 and pregnant with your 3rd. you will be wondering where your youth went. if your planning on college...go for it by all means just be aware that all of your money will be going to your little one. they always need something. again i am not to judge you. i just really want you to know how hard it is. and especially if your not married..most teenage girls end up raising their babies on their own without the father. mostly b/c guys simply do not wantto grow up. they will be happy about the baby at first and always lve them of course but when they realize that their life is changing diapers,making bottles and spending all there money on the baby,some and most are quick to leave. best of luck to you.i just felt inspired to tell you this and i have never replied to a post before. i hope you contemplate long and hard before you guys make this completley life altering decision.
me and my boyfriend had sexual intercourse and every time he came in me. i have been feeling extremely tired and very hungry but tohen i useday i started spotting and then when i used the bathrooma some thick white stuff came out of me. i havent been itching or burning but can anyone tell me is this a sighn of pregancey
hi so happy i found ths site , here i go ...im 14 and i was drunk and had unprotectd sex a few days agobut i dont think he ***"d and ever since i just feel weird : like i feel bloted , hungry even after i eat , and a small bit of clear discharge. if you could please answer my quiestion ... could i be pregnant? please answer me i assure you ill be very happy thanks!
hi
i have been having brownish discarge since aug 6th n last week it turned to be clear white.i also feel lil tired.i feel like eating something salty.the area around my nipples r turning dark.im also trying to concieve (conceive).but i also have PCOS.when i recently met my gynic he suggested for a blood- harmone test(results yet to come). jus curious to know if i am pregnant !!! on 24 jun 2011 i got my POLYP removed...so with all these, is there a chance that i could be pregnant?
I was just wondering if it was normal to have a little bit of creamy white discharge early in pregnancy?
Hey I had the Implanon removed april 2010 me and my partner have been trying for over a year to try and concive but had no luck of yet..... Since thursday 15th september I have been feeling really sicky headaches heartburn lower cramps and back ache.. I'm due for my period 29th september isit to early to detect a pregnany? My abdomen is slightly bloated I mentioned stomach cramps but nothing really painful just quick little pains! Isitt a possibility I could be pregnant? Can anyone help??
Okay I'm need advice as I'm not trying to make my story sad but on Mach 10 i had a baby boy he was born dead due to doctor, but on Jan 2011 i miscarriage they say cause my. Body was going through changes note to that i also die after having my baby went to heart failure but now I'm healthy well last month my period was werid i was old brown color last for a day , but my  period due any day and i haven't felt it coming and I'm so constipated i can't use it for over a week I'm having white to clear discharge not normal first time this happen does anyone have advice or sign of this and became pregnant
ok i need some help, my last period was aug. 9th 2011. and i had a miscarrige on september 16th 2011... Its no now november 2nd and i have yet to have a period. I'm having some white discharge and very sore boobs. also, i am tired all the time. I took a pregnancy test today and it was positive. is it possible to be pregnant again without having a period first? Could i miscarry again bc its too soon after my last one?
i am around 8 weeks pregnant and i am nervous i had the brownish discharge for one day from then on i have had the either clear or white discharge i thought it was a sign of another miscarrige i am very happy that i found this site makes me feel very relieved thank you all
hi.. totally confused here.. i had a faint positive this morning with a first response and then early afternoon i tried a clear blue digital..which said not pregnant.. i have also been having period like cramps... really hoping my period doesnt come.. but i am not feeling hopefull.. my period is actually due today! x
I been having lower back pain sensitive nipples fatigue i been getting cramos im not due till the 14th last night had really bad cramps and this morning i woke up to clear kinda brown/ tan discharge it was more clear tho im i pregnant plz help me and my husband been trying for 11 months now i did a fertility massage and they said it should take 3 months prego amd is been 1 month so far i really want a baby :(
Hi, about 3 weeks ago i had unprotected sex with my boyfriend and the past few days i've been getting cramps in my stomach, slight heartburn and a weird white discharge.  Its gloopy and looks like egg yolk but its proper white, theres no smell off it.  i havent taking a pregnancy test yet and havent got my period yet.  I had sex the night that i finished my period.  is it possible i could be pregnant? any advice will help :) has this happend to anyone else before? Thanks :)
hey. So I had unprotected sex Nov 5th, and started a very light period for only 3-3.5 days the 28th-1st around the time I should have had it, but usually it is heavier and longer. I usually have to sleep in a pad the first few days because I bleed so much, but only needed to wear a pantyliner to bed. Right after, I had a lot of creamy vaginal discharge with an odor, and it still hasn't gone away, but it has gone down greatly. !2/10 I had a fever of 100.6 and felt very sick, but it went away the next morining, but I have been having on and off nausea and my mouth getting full of saliva as if I have to puke since then. I also have been feeling very bloated. Do you think I should take a pregnancy test or wait a while and see what happens?
hello stacie it definately is possible to get pregnant without a period!!! im nearly 12 weeks pregant i am 23 and havent had a period since the age of 10!!!! living proof!
I'm 19 years old and have a 2 year old daughter. I think I could possibly be pregnant again but I'm worrying so I don't really remember my symptoms from the first pregnancy as I know all pregnancies are different. I had my period on dec 6th which last 5 days and then had unprotected sex on the 13th and have continued to do so since then. A few days after the 13th I had light pink discharge that only lasted a day or so, ive been experiencing sore breasts, slight cramping, an usual spike in eating, frequent headaches, slight nausea along with being sick a few times, & tonight I just noticed am increase in thinker white discharge with no smell. I took a test this afternoon but it came back negative. Any advice or thoughts as to If I could be pregnant?
So i took a home pregnancy test and it is positive, then i went to the clinic and it was positive.
and i have every symptom.
How accurate is that.
It could just be too early for a proper test result, I would test again in a few weeks!
I'm 6 weeks and 3 days and I am having on and off light brown spotting it has stopped for a couple of days but now I am having cramps is this normal or should I worry that I am going to miscarry again?
I have irregular periods although I have conceived before but I went into early labour and my son passed away though he was neonatal. I have lately had period like pains, bearable not severe & lighter than my normal period pains. I had a white sticky discharge 2 days ago and had intercourse 3 days ago. I have also been bloated the last 2 days and am urinating & passing gas more way more often now. I also use the ovuplan scop which showed me two results that I was indeed ovulating but also wasn't? Today I had alot of white moist discharge but it was not sticky. Can anyone help ???
Hey.. Can someone please help me.

First question, does a side effect bleeding from plan b count as a period?

The problem is today I experienced slight spotting, it was a faint pink to faint brown. Also, my husband told me that I had a slight mild odor, this is strange because I never allow myself to have an odor. I've also seen clear white discharge. I have been feeling bloated for the past two weeks like I have an enlarged belly, I normally wake up with a flat stomach in the morning but now that's not even the case.
If plan b side effect bleeding doesn't count as a period then I have around another 4-5 days left. Thing is I've been having unprotected sex bcos I mean to but I sadly took plan b twice. I have been intimate on 2/01. And then also intimate again 5/01 up until 09/01, having taken plan b on 6/01. I was intimate again on 17/01 and 21/22nd January. I have been having back pain that starts down my spine and lowers to both sides of my lower back. Ive been sleeping really late and waking up really late. I can barely get comfortable at night. The past two days I've been really tired and took a power nap earlier. Ive had mild headaches but this evening i had to take paracaetamol. In this current evening I've been feeling sick to the stomach. The smell of food I can't really take but I has to force myself as I had to cook. My taste buds have been a bit rocky. I'm not sure if I may be pregnant, I just need someone to help me figure this out. If I am pregnant it will be my first and I would love that.
I'm 5 weeks pregnant, previously miscarried so very nervous. Did a test 6 days after my missed period and there it was 2 lines, thought I was as I'm only usually a few days late, plus I just felt emotional and moody! Confirmed with the doctor. Very sore boobs and feeling extremely sick. Lower back pain on occasion and cramps. Running white clear discharge. Needing the loo all the time is an understatement. Feel like I'm on my own coping with my body changing.
Hi all,

So my husband and I just got married at the end of December. On our honeymoon my period stopped abruptly and about a week or so after that I started cramping (no bleeding or spotting) in my lower abdomen and on my left side.

I have taken tests and they have come back negative. I've always had irregular periods, but none have stopped like that without tapering off. My breasts have been sore, I feel and look bloated, I have a thick white discharge with no burning or itching, and I'm always tired. Should I go get a blood test? Is it possible that I'm pregnant?

Thanks so much! My husband is now deployed so this would be his coming home present!
hi, I need some advice I haven't had my period for 2 months almost 3 and I'm having. A whitish beige discharge, my stomach feels weird during the day and when I wake up every morning I feel sick...yesterday I was timing how many times I used the bathroom and it was a lot....I was on birth control befor and always got my period around the end of my shot, I got off before and had my period instantly but this time I'm not.... my breast feel weird and hurt when I try to lay on my stomach and it hurts my stomach when I get up in the morning.....I've tooken test but they came up negative and I've also talked to a doctor and she said your test can be negative due to your hormones...I don't know what to do could I be pregnant?
I'm not sure how much it will cost to go to see a doctor for pregnancy test, but I'm sure is affordable. Wouldn't it be mind assuring if you go to the doctor and get it tested? Whatever advices you will get from here, still it will not answer your question unless you get yourself test for it.

Call up and make an appointment - the earliest they can detect if you are pregnant is the better so that way you can start taking folic acid, which is important for your developing fetus in the 1st tri-mester.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Thank you and I've had 2 done but they came back negative....my menstrual has never been 3 months late and I've been having a clear whitish discharge and my breast hurt when I try to lay on them I can't so I lay on my side and go right to sleep....I also just noticed something this week that when I'm up like cleaninglike doing dishes my lower back hurt I even get a weird tingly feeling in my stomach....
I'm 16 and trying to conceive I've been trying for 3 months now I'm due for my periods in 2 days time but have had cramps and white discharge for the past week feeling tired all the time and turned off my food can some One please help me out may I be pregnant? :)
The amount of HCG being produced in your body determines whether or not you will pass a pregnancy test early. There are no false positives, but several false negatives due to lower initial hormone levels.  My 2nd daughter was a false negative. A blood test would be the most definite method.
I'm worried I might be pregnant? I'm feeling really sick by the thout of food at most times of the day, I'm feeling light headed at times, my breasts are a little sore, I'm getting headaches, slight aching in my lower tummy  & by checking inside with 2 fingers I have a thick milky White discharge. I did a test yday & it was negative but I no I feel different. Do u think I tested too early? Im due my period this wk but no signs of it  coming yet. Any advice would be a big help?
hi, CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL MUMS!!! I'm on my fourth and forgotten all what happens during pregnancies.... I've noticed discharge as well and its like elastic, beige and only when I've wiped.... I'm not really worried as I haven't received any pain nor blood.... just curious to what I am experiencing... GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL...    
hi everyone i need some advice, i had what i thought was a period on the 9th of may and had sex with my partner 2 days later however the period wasnt what i normally get it lasted 3 days started off as spotting light red and by end of 2nd day dark brownish i currently have the following symptoms nausea, fatigue, cramping just below my belly, frequent urination aswell as whitish discharge. im confused as to wether im pregnant and when did i concieve (conceive) before or after the 9th of may. pregnancy test a week ago was negetive but previous pregnancy i didnt show up positive until 3 months, help please
Question:
I am having a Yellow/White semi thick discharge, period like cramps and my period is late... Is this a sign of pregnancy?
WEll I have a question. I started my period back in april 22nd and then I was four days late in May. I started May 26th. I was ovulating beginning of May. Well june comes around the corner and I think Im ovulating I see stuff in my panites and all. Well today. I noticed alot of white creamy discharge after I whipped so wired to me.. like what. im I ovulating again or im I now and its so late like what the heck. What could this be a sign Im pregnant I have no idea.
Hi I don't know how old these are but I was on the depo for 3 months was supposed to have last shot in march but didn't so have been off it 5 months more or less. Havnt been having periods but last few days been feeling sicky and tired also a weird stringy discharge oily skin bad spots and feeling very bloated and teary!! Went to doctors today and she advised me to wait a week and do another test and one I did last night was negative! Do you think I could be early preg or just wishful thinking? Oh also miss carried in nov last year!! Advice ladies x  
i am experiencing the same problem...my preg test says POSITIVE but i am getting white discharge and pain similar to the  one during periods...
We have been trying for 5 months to get pregnant. I noticed a little more discharge recently,could i be pregnant?  
Hi all,

My last period was 22/12/2012.. I only had sex once but it was on my most fertile day (5/1/13).. my period was meant to come on 19/1/13 but it didnt and still hasnt and were on the 22nd now.
I've taken to 'Poundshop' tests (1 today and 1 yesterday) but both negative, however the last time I was pregnant it didnt show up as positive until 5 days after my missed period - so I'm hoping that will be the case this time..
I'm also having a very light coloured tannish discharge and it sometimes is clear.. is this normal?
I also had cramping the day after my missed period but I read online this is very normal for pregnancy as its the ligaments stretching making way for your new baby :)

I hope I am and I'll keep you posted but anyone know if this is OK?
Thanks!
I found out I was pregnant not too long ago, guessing around 7 weeks or so...this discharge isn't a sign of miscarriage or anything is it? I'm very worried.
I last had my period on the 2nd of feb I did a test a week befor I was due on and it came back posative however I started bleeding te next day very heavy for 2 weeks that is not normal for me ime a regular girl so maybe I miscarried but I haven't had any bleeding yet and were still trying to have a baby this morning I went to the toilet and I have white discharge no smell or anything and I have sore boobs could I be pregnant I already have 2 beautiful chiledren?
Hi 4th baby, I had miscarriage 5 months ago and now pregnant again 8 weeks, been having discharge cream colour and sometimes cramps, today got kind of worried but than read that it is normal. Mind you every time I go to the bathroom I worry ....lol but than i try to come myself down because we shouldn't worry or be stressed right now, it could cause more problems. So discharge is normal. I read that small cramps are normal too because uterus is stretching and it could cause cramps, also I'm bloated all the time, lol..i look like i'm 4 months pregnant and i'm only 8 weeks. This is our first baby and I really hope everything goes well for us and for you guys!!! good luck with everything and have a safe pregnancy. :) urbansweetie