Very Light Red Spotting at 5 weeks..Could I be having a miscarriage?
I am 5 weeks pregnant and notice today a very small amount of red spotting.  I went to my doctor and he said that in most cases this was normal but he scheduled me an u/s for next week b/c at 6 weeks more could be determined.  He also said that there appeared to be no "active" bleeding which is good.

I have a good friend who went through this and recommended me to take a pregnancy test as well to easy my mind.  I did that and it came out positive but still a very light line.  I just feel different today and I was wondering if anyone else experienced this?  Since the morning I have not spotted and I only notice it when I go to bathroom (sorry so descriptive).....
I have had some cramping but I thought it is normal?
sorry to say but it is a waiting process and can go either way.  I hope for the best for you.  I had spotting in one pregnancy that ended in m/c.  I had spotted the first at 6 wks and randomly here and there and lost it at 8 wks.  this pregnancy i spotted at 7 weeks up til 20 weeks and I am not 25 weeks!!!  Just relax and try to stay sane while waiting!!!
just try and relax and depend on us if you need someone to talk to......the tech should be good to you, they do this everyday. They will be able to tell you if they see something or they dont.  I have to say that my first ultrasound they didnt see a heartbeat at 6 weeks but i went back the very next day and they saw a heartbeat!!  Well, even still i m/c that pregnancy two weeks later.  Just believe that your body is going to take care of you and your baby.  If something isnt forming right, it is in the baby's best interest to m/c.  After my m/c and watching "march of penguins", I have come to realize that this is nature.  I hope it goes good.
Thanks so much and I will keep you posted!! :)
Is this your 1st PG? At 6 weeks you should be able to see a little flickering inside the sack which is the baby's h/b. If all looks good, I'm sure the tech will show you what he/she is seeing. You can always ask your doc to call in for the report/results on Friday so that you need not be anxious all weekend.
I had my 2nd m/c last week, I was 5wks3days preggers, it started off as light pink for a day, it was only when I wiped, then the next day I got a little more bleeding with cramps. Then it was bad and I had clots(sorry TMI), I knew it was another m/c. I have had 2 m/c in 3 months. I hope yours is nothing and will end up a healthy pregnancy! I found out my m/c's could be because of genectics, my mom and grandma have had lots of m/c's. I do have a healthy 20 month old son, so there is hope!!! I would just take it easy and try not to stress to much about it!! Good Luck!!!! Keep us posted!!
Wish me luck on staying sane, it's hard when it too early to tell people so who do you talk to, you know.  I am 31 and this is my first pregnancy so I nothing to base my experiences on
Spotting can really go 50/50. As jifnif said, she had spotting in both an unsuccessful and a successful PG. For me, spotting turned out to be a sign of impending m/c even though we saw baby's h/b. My spotting was a result of a subchorionic bleed in my uterus and while most women with these bleeds go on to carry to term, some women (like me) unfortunately lose their babies. I think the u/s should reveal a lot for you and I'm hoping you see your little peanut's heart beating. Good luck and lots of sticky baby dust.
My u/s is for next Friday and he requested a pelvic and vaginal. Because they do not have one in the office I will have to go to another location
At exactly at 6 weeks (2 days ago) I sat on the loo and whoosh, out came a lot of bright red blood.  We went to the emergency room (these things never happen during office hours!).  The on-call ob-gyn gave me a pelvic, in he said there was a lot of blood, but the cervix was closed.  (I said, "If the cervix is closed, where is the blood coming from?!?" and he laughed, and said that by "closed," he meant it was not dilating as if getting ready to give birth to my 6 week old.)  So, blood = bad, cervix closed = good.  Then he commented that if the bleeding had clots in it and my cramping got really painful, that would be a bad sign.  They did a blood test to assess HCG levels, coming back with the number "over 1000," which was better than just a ( + ) but not very specific -- my blood test on May 5th had showed a count of 1209, and I wanted to know if that number had kept rising the way it is supposed to.  But I guess that's how they do it in the ER. Then they did an U/S, and we were able to see the sac, the yolk, and the heartbeat!  Was that ever a relief!  Not ectopic for one thing (this was in the uterus not any wrong place), and to see a heartbeat was reassuring.  The U/S technician was SUPER, and told me he often sees women who are bleeding in early pregnancy and the baby is still there.  Then we went back to the ER, and the doc said, as we were saying goodbye, that it could still be the beginning of a m/c, so we weren't out of the woods yet.  I called our fertility clinic in the morning (they have no emergency help) and the nurse said that I should lie down and stay in bed until 24 hours after the bleeding stopped.  She said that for some reason, with IVF (which is what we had), it is more common than average to have bleeding early in the pregnancy.  So, she said, stay in bed except for meals and the potty, and KEEP HYDRATED.  By today, my bleeding is just down to a hint on the t.p. after peeing.  We're crossing our fingers.  I know this is long, but I hope it helps you know what to expect and maybe even what to do or how to analyze your risks.  GOOD LUCK!  Annie
I just went through the same thing and mine ended in a missed miscarriage. I hope everything goes well...i know it's hard to keep your mind off it. But I wish LOTS and LOTS of luck :)
I had a missed m/c for my first pg. No bleeding. I am pregnant again now & it has been going good at 18 weeks tomorrow, but my advice would be to tell a few people you are close to that you are pg and to pray/give you support etc. A lot of people don't tell anyone because "what if something happens?", but after going through a m/c myself, I felt that I totally need to tell some people right away (family, close friends), because if it happened again I would totally need support from people. We had actually told quite a few people we were pg the first time and after our m/c I never regretted that we told anyone because at least people knew and most were supportive. Its so much harder if you feel you are alone. I wish you the best and hope all goes well. Keep us posted and don't give up hope. A lot of women expereince spotting during pregnancy so that does not seal your fate.
I had a mc in March and now preg. again, 5 weeks tomorrow. I ave told family and a few close friends. I know it is early and I am high risk anyway but I am excited and I am hoping for a great outcome. My dr scheduled me for an US May 30, I will be 6 weeks 3 days she said anythingearlier than 6 weeks was too soon to determine viability. she told me to ask if the tech sees a fetal pole and sac. These are the positive things to look for. Just ask most techs will tell you. Also ask your DR to put STAT on the prescription or referral for your US and the dr will get the report faster. Hope this helps.
I posted the question as well...I really need to relax :)
Up date, I had a u/s sound today and I am 6 weeks and 1 day. The transvaginal showed me not only a sac but a yoke and a little one with a heartbeat at 120.  Thank you everyone for listening to me!

i really hope sumone can shed sum light on this for me ....... my pds are very regular every 28 days bleed quite heavy for 5 but this mth has been very wierd i was due on 2/11/07 but on the 26/10 started t get a pinky coloured discharge on and off thought it was pd cumin but didnt get anymore bleedin til 29/10 after intercourse it was like a red blob not drips like u wud expect 30/10 brown discharge then 2/11 light red bleeding all day 3/11 started spotting agen 5/11 pink discharge only wen i wipe then 7/11 jus light spotting a pinky colour basically been bleeding on and off for 12 days or so now what is it can anyone help ??????? id really like t be preggers but dont av much luck
am scared cuz am going on to my forth week and i was am bleeding just light drops of lightred blood and am cramping a bit i knw am prego cuz ive experienced the symptoms plllz help
hi ladies...i would also like to share my experience with u..last year in november i started spotting but it was brown in color..i had an ultrasound and doc told me i have a blood streak inside which can be dangerous..i went to bed rest for 3 months..during that time i took duphaston and IVF injections..and i had low placenta as well. then finally all went ok and now im playing with baby..but this year i again got pregnant..im in my 6th week and had a red spot yesterday..but no pain...im asked for an ultrasound again..lets see what happens next...