Very Tired Baby...
Max is almost 6 weeks old. He normally is NOT a napper! He'll cat nap here and there, but never for more than half hour. Last night, he slept from 9pm til 1:30 to eat, then from 2 til 7 this morning. He then napped from noon til 4:30. Now it's 7:45 and he's napping again! He seems just fine when he's awake, so I don't really think anything is wrong. I'm just curious if they normally go through another growth spurt around 6 weeks (he did this at 3 weeks also).

Also, he's starting to go every 3-4 hours during the day between feedings and has been sleeping 5 and 6 hours at night. Is this ok? He never wakes up excessively hungry, so I assume he's fine...but just want to check!

Thanks!
Sounds like a good ole fashioned growth spurt to me!!!  I dont think there are really any SET times that they go through this, they just do.  Even my 6 and 9 year olds still go through this!!  That's wonderful that he is sleeping so well!
Yep, sounds like his is growing. I could always tell (still can) when my kids are hitting a growth spurt, even at 3 and 5. They eat like crazy for a few days and then pass out! Even my dh has picked up on it. He'll notice CJ nursing more often and he sits with anticipation of the sleepy period so he can have some time with me ; )
Evan is starting to do the same thing and heis almost 5 weeks. I hope its normal!! And those cat naps kill me b/cI try to sleep when he does but he keeps faking me out!! LOL
yeah there is a growth spurt at 6 weeks.  
Yay, it does sound like he's growing!  If he seems to not feel well then call your Dr., but they sleep so much when they hit the growth spurt!  Enjoy the extra sleep if you can!  Cam still gets up around 2 to eat and then is up for the day around 5 or 6 am.  It's nice to only get up once at night!
He's still napping like crazy this morning. He didn't sleep real soundly last night, though. He woke up several times crying for no reason other than to be cuddled. I'm kicking myself for not taking his temp when he did that because a few times it seemed as though he was shivering, but felt plent warm to me. I'm hoping he didn't have a fever!  I'm sure he's just growing, but as you all know I'm the world's biggest worry wart! :)
I don't know how many of you remember growth spurts in later childhood and teen years, but I do. That hurt! The aching in my shins was painful. I imagine it is uncomfortable for babies as well, which is why I have always assumed they sleep so much, sort of a way to cope with it.

Take his temp to be sure, you'll feel better.
98.5......I'd say he's ok! :)
Girl, count your blessings.  Ihave days where Leah goes through this... I also assume it is a growth spurt.  Those nights when she sleeps like that are the BEST!  Still she is colicky and it doesnt happen often.  I think you are doing a great job with max!  Look at how he's growing!  
Just curious is he formula fed or breastfed?
Brody has days like this, too. I always just assume it's him growing. Last night, I freaked out when it was nearly 3 am and he hadn't woke for his usual 2 am feeding. He was in his bassinet at the foot of our bed and I sat up to see him. The blankets he had somehow managed to wriggle up by his face and I panicked!! I looked to see if I could see the blankets moving when he took breaths-NOPE! So I got up and pulled the blankets away from his face to make sure he was okay. He was fine, and UP because I startled him. He has been sleeping a lot in the past few days, but then he does have days where I WISH he would sleep a little more, too (: Ya can't win! These little buggers sure do cause lots of worries-most of them unnecessary, too!
He is mostly breastfed. I supplement 2 feedings with formula while I'm at work (and sometimes one of those feedings is expressed breastmilk) during the day.

Jen I know how you feel! I am in love with those sleep sacks because I just put him in a onesie and the sleep sac and no need for a blanket (even though I always feel like I'm letting him freeze). I sleep so much better when he doesn't have a blanky in the pack n play!
your very lucky..my baby is 6 weeks and the most he has slept thru the night has been 5 hrs....arghh...he is breastfed
same with mine!! He is 5 weeks and 5 hours at night is the longest he has slept. He is formula fed though.
Mine is nearly 13 weeks, so 3 months and he is still waking at 2...5...7. I'm tired!! He is breastfed. Trying to move him to the bassinet at the foot of the bed. Last night didn't go so well. I fell asleep at 11 while nursing him...he stayed in bed with me all night.