Maternal & Child Community
Very faint positive on hpt

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Very faint positive on hpt

I took a hpt at 6 am on sunday morning and got a very faint 2nd line. Yesterday I went to a clinc and got a negative. It was a test similar to a hpt. I am wondering if I am pregnant or not?? I had a miscarriage 2 christmases ago and really do not want to go thru that again. I have spotted very faintly today(I was schelduled to start my period today) only light pink. Should I be worried that I could be going thru another "spontaneous abortion"? Any advice welcomed. Thank you all
I took a hpt that and got a faint line, so I took another the next day, it was negative. Then I waited about a week and a half and still no period so I took another test and wow, 2 pink lines right away! and very dark pink ones too! I would say wait and see, if you don't have a normal period, test again. Some spotting can be very normal in early pregnancy due to implantation bleeding or increased blood flow to the cervix. Different brands of pregnancy tests have different levels that they turn up positive. Some say on the back of the box if they detect 50, 75, or 100iu of the hcg. The lower the number the more sensitive the test. You could ask the Doc for a blood test too, that is more accurate. Good Luck! Kristen
Thanks Kristen for replying. I did spot the first 3 months with my daughter. I am just all nerves right now. I plan on waiting till monday,the clinic wants me to come back then for another test.
I also had a VERY faint 2nd line and it came up positive a few days later.  I am now 6 weeks!  I hear ANY line, no matter how faint, is positive.  I hope this helps.  Good luck.
-Blain
I want to thank you so very much. Your post lifted my spirits. I am battling doubts left and right here. But I can't help but feel that God is going to turn it all around! I am continuing to pray and I know He hears. I truely believe to see a miracle. I am trying to take things easy , but it is hard to just lay around ,, especially when there are dishes to be put away and laundry to fold. I greatly appreciate your prayers and I pray that Good will bless you greatly for your kindness. Thanks for sharing your story,, I really needed to hear it!
I am gonna say a Prayer for you,I know just how you feel.I also showed a very faint positive,then went to the doctor,the following day I got a very low positive,it was 132,I went again 2 days later and my beta count had dropped,which my doctor had said that I was having what they called "a Threatened abortion",afew days after hearing all this my husband and I had made love,however  the very next day I had began to bleed-on the heavier side and there was also clotting,so my Doctor was more convinced that I had a miscarriage and now just wanted to monitor the beta counts to make sure that they were dropping down to eventually 0,but somehow I STRONGLY BELIEVE that "GOD" was watching me/us and even to my Doctors dismay My beta count unbelievably began to double,he then sent me for an Vaginal Ultrasound,where I was so Nervous,my doctor said that it's like the fetus took a second wind,but was also strongly concerned that it was now an eptopic preg.,So while waiting on the results at the ultrasound tech's office,I began to cry holding my cross,my husband was also in the room,The Lady Tech,couldn't speak enlish,so she wasn't talking much,also they're not suppose to tell you anything however,as she saw me crying at first she thought she had hurt me,but I told her that it might be eptopic.Against her protcol,she told me that there was nothing in my tubes and went on to show that there was this very little sac inside my uterus,as she took measurements,my husband was so happy,words can't explain it-except for that he was on the tech like a dirty shirt...lol,I am so Very Greatful,Thankful,and if it was possible for this MIRACLE to happen to us ,then with all my Heart I strongly Believe it can Happen to you also!I will say a prayer for you,and wish you the best and in good health,keep in Touch,it's Christmas time a time where miracles happen,and I hope that they do.Relax Take care,get plenty of rest!And "MERRY CHRISTMAS" to you,and I hope you get what you are hoping for,SINCERELY:BabyBlues11
Thanks for the replies, but I think either the test was wrong or that I have lost the baby. Today I have bled quite a bit and it is very dark. Thank you all for your help though.
HI I'm Natalie, and I needed to take 2 test to get a good reading.  If you still don't get your period than retest.  Make sure that you get an early pt. I used First Responce  and had a positive result in less than a minute. Also I found It easier to use a cup and dip the htp in it.