Aa
A
A
Close
Vibrating massager
Is it safe to use one of those vibrating massagers while pregnant?  I'm 28 weeks and have a lot of back pain. I used one last night for 5 maybe 10 minutes and it seemed the baby was very active after.  I worried about rattling her brain or something.  Any info would be helpful.  Now I'm really nervous.

Thanks
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi there creekgirl..

I'm not sure about those massagers... I was surprised, though, that the instructions on my foot-massager (the one with heat, bubbles, etc) said that pregnant women shouldn't use it (or should limit the time- I forget which).

hmmm.. does the massager have "instructions"?

-Heather
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I think that the bubble and heat massage is probably not a good idea for pregnant women because they don't want you to elevate your body core temperature.  As for the vibrating massage, just ask your dr.  But I would think (because I use one and always have, this is #4 preg) that to use it in the shoulder/neck area and along thighs and calves would be acceptable.  Just avoid direct contact with abdomen and mid thoracic to low back area.  But check with the dr. I have never mentioned to dr. that I use one, so I have no direction to go with this other than personal experience.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Vibrating massager
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources