Maternal & Child Community
Vibrating massager
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Vibrating massager

Is it safe to use one of those vibrating massagers while pregnant?  I'm 28 weeks and have a lot of back pain. I used one last night for 5 maybe 10 minutes and it seemed the baby was very active after.  I worried about rattling her brain or something.  Any info would be helpful.  Now I'm really nervous.

Thanks
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hi there creekgirl..

I'm not sure about those massagers... I was surprised, though, that the instructions on my foot-massager (the one with heat, bubbles, etc) said that pregnant women shouldn't use it (or should limit the time- I forget which).

hmmm.. does the massager have "instructions"?

-Heather
Blank
I think that the bubble and heat massage is probably not a good idea for pregnant women because they don't want you to elevate your body core temperature.  As for the vibrating massage, just ask your dr.  But I would think (because I use one and always have, this is #4 preg) that to use it in the shoulder/neck area and along thighs and calves would be acceptable.  Just avoid direct contact with abdomen and mid thoracic to low back area.  But check with the dr. I have never mentioned to dr. that I use one, so I have no direction to go with this other than personal experience.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank