Vibrating massager
Is it safe to use one of those vibrating massagers while pregnant?  I'm 28 weeks and have a lot of back pain. I used one last night for 5 maybe 10 minutes and it seemed the baby was very active after.  I worried about rattling her brain or something.  Any info would be helpful.  Now I'm really nervous.

Hi there creekgirl..

I'm not sure about those massagers... I was surprised, though, that the instructions on my foot-massager (the one with heat, bubbles, etc) said that pregnant women shouldn't use it (or should limit the time- I forget which).

hmmm.. does the massager have "instructions"?

-Heather
I think that the bubble and heat massage is probably not a good idea for pregnant women because they don't want you to elevate your body core temperature.  As for the vibrating massage, just ask your dr.  But I would think (because I use one and always have, this is #4 preg) that to use it in the shoulder/neck area and along thighs and calves would be acceptable.  Just avoid direct contact with abdomen and mid thoracic to low back area.  But check with the dr. I have never mentioned to dr. that I use one, so I have no direction to go with this other than personal experience.