Maternal & Child Community
WHAT IF I HAVE A BABY WITH A DRUG ADDICT?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

WHAT IF I HAVE A BABY WITH A DRUG ADDICT?

IF  I HAVE A BABY WITH A DRUGADDICT WIL MY BABY WILL COME ALRIGHT WILL HE HAVE ANY PROBLEMS?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
It really depends on what drugs, etc. but yes, drugs can harm a sperm and therefore have an influence on the baby. Sometimes this can result early on in a m/c (because it is nature's way sometimes of realizing that there is a defect in the fetus) but sometimes it can go undetected or be just fine. It is very important that you are not doing any drugs, smoking or drinking during your pregnancy as well. It would be difficult to assess the possible long term damage done at this point- some babies are resilient and will be ok, others may have learning difficulties while others still may have developmental problems or physical problems. The other problem is, too, of course, is that the child's father is a drug addict and won't be able to parent this child (safely). If you have another person that is a drug addict around or you have an environment that is unsafe, the baby most likely would be placed in the care of social services.
Blank
13167_tn?1327197724
If you're not already pregnant and you're in the process of choosing whether to get pregnant with a drug addict,  don't do it.

Your baby needs a father and that guy won't be it.  Also,  as  waiting said,  a few drugs can affect sperm.  But more importantly,  that guy will not be an appropriate father and since personality is genetic,  the chances that your baby will have personality and coping problems that lead to drug use are higher.

Pick a better guy than this.
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
At any age, but certainly since you are only 18, I would reconsider any action that might lead to having a baby with a drug addict.  You are letting yourself and your child in for a world of heartbreak if you do.
Blank
1292678_tn?1304739083
DONT DO IT! BEFORE GETTING PREGNANT, GET UR BOYFRIEND SOME HELP.  OR END THAT RELATIONSHIP, DEPENDS HOW MUCH U LOVE HIM. WHY WOULD U WANT TO BRING A BABY WITH COMPLICATIONS TO THIS WORLD, TO SUFFER?
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...