Maternal & Child Community
WHEN DOES CLOMID MAKE YOU OVULATE

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

WHEN DOES CLOMID MAKE YOU OVULATE

I am going to the dr today after taking clomid for three months.  i was put on 50mg.  My question is, how do i know if it is working?  my husband got diagnosed with a low count which he is being treated for but i don't want all focus to be on him if something could be wrong with me.  does anyone know what i should insist on being tested for.  the reason i don't think the clomid is helping is because i am not getting clear signs on the OPK's of ovulation and becuase i am still spotting 3 days before my period.  i am thinking it was not enough dosage or something else is wrong.

last month i though on the 16th that the opk was positive.  then on day 21 it looked positive again.

I too am taking clomid. My Dr. said the home ovulation test kits are not always reliable when you are on clomid.

I have read some things that say it makes you ovulate early. To not miss anything we have sex starting at about day 11 of my cyle to day 20 every other day at least.

I knew it was working for me because I got horrible pains when I would ovulate.  I was on 50mg days 3-7 for 3 months.  The 3rd month I got preggo.  I am now 11 weeks!  What days were you taking it and how long have your cycles been????
This is my second month, and the second time I have used Clomid. I take 150 per day days 5-9, my cycle is about every 30 days, but I take prometrium to have a period.
I think if you have to take something to get your period then you arent ovulating.  Atleast this is what my dr. told me.  I dont know its all confusing.  If you are having 30 day cycles then you should be Oing around CD15 or 16.  I Oed around CD17 or 18 and I had 31 day cycles.
You can ask your doc to do vaginal u/s's to see if your follicles are developing. My doctor usually has me come in around CD12 to measure my follicles. He also orders a progesterone test around CD21 to determine if I ovulated or not.
When I took 50mg of Clomid, it was on days 5-7, and my doctor said I should ovulate on day 17, I did use OPKs, which were quite accurate, and got a "green light" to bd, which was, on day 17!  My cycles were normally 28 days, but with Clomid it went to 30 days.  I got pregnant after my 2nd cycle, however, it ended in a MC at 6 weeks... I'm currently waiting for my next AF so we can try again.

Thank you all for your posts.  I used to have a 28 day cycle with 3-6 days of spotting.  Now since on clomid I have 30 day cycles with 2-3 days of spotting.  I just am not sure that the dosage is working for me.  I am on 50mg.  Toaday is day 12 and i should start testing for ovulation.  My appt is tonight and I was wondering if he should do a sonogram and i definetly want a day 21 blood test to see if i ovulated.  I just don't want them to focus on my not getting pregnant thinking it is my husband and over looking things on me.

I would say your best bet is to BD starting CD11, then go every other day.  That is what my dr. told me.
See if he'll do a vaginal u/s on your to check your follicle size while you are there.
thank you for your posts.  i just got out of the dr.  i went in telling them i wanted an ultra sound.  i explained month 1 i think i ovulated on 16 or 17.   month two i think i ovulated on 16 but then 21 looked positive too.  he told me to only test starting day 12 for no more than 5 days.  any positive after the first is probably false.  if its not positive by then then the clomid is not working.  i told him i spotted he said thats common.  i told him my periods are shorter he said thats common.  he took the ultra sound and said it was either a cyst or a follicle.  he could not tell.  but in a day or two if it grew it is a follice.  so i am hoping thats what it is and that the opk shows positive in the next few days.  today i could totally see the thick line as thick as the control line but lighter so i am hoping its coming.  he gave me the dosage of 150mg for the next three months.  he said if that doesn't work no higher dose will and then the only drugs left are shots.  is that true?  he did not want to do a day 21 progesterone so i called my pcp (who is family) to see what he thinks.  they should just do the blood to see if it worked otherwise i am taking this which makes me an emotional wreck for what.  i just wish i knew if it was working or not
I am on clomid.  Do you have to have any signs of pregnancy to actually be pregnant?  For example, do your breasts have to get sore, etc?
how do you take this treatment? 50mg for 3-5 days, when should me and my husband have sex?
if you guys don't mind me asking, how old are you guys?  i am 39 yrs old and the fertility doctor put me on 2 months of 50mg (clomid).  that didn't get me pg so she suggested the ivf because of my age.  i just ordered 100mg on my own from the web.  i don't know if this is a good idea but is this or the ivf. i don't think i have a choose
I am on my third dose. Iam praying that it works. I really want to have children. I wish i was blessed like some women.
Ladies, I'm 31 years old and i have just started to take CLOMID.

I was took to day 5 pills (50mg) from day 2 to day 6 (1 pill a day). I too was not given any info on when i would ovulate. I have found the below site that i great at helping you work is out. They say we will start to Ovvulate 5 to 9 days after we take the last pill.

http://babymed.com/Tools/Fertility/clomid/Default.aspx

I hope this helps.
This is day 8 of my first cycle of clomid 50mg, my cycle is regular. I have 2 beautiful boys ages 5 and 3 that i concieved very easily. I had a HSG and my husband was checked and cleared before my doc would even consider any clomid. We have been ttc for about 1 1/2 years and before that I had the merina.  My doc said to take clomid days 5-9 and start trying on day 11 -19.  It is only day 8 but i have fertile cf so I am beginnning to wonder if I will ovulate sooner. He is also going to do a 21 day progesterone test to see if I have ovulated. My question is has anyone else had fertile cf during the course of the pills? I have heard it should can dry up your fluid.
i been on clomid for 4 months and havent got pregnant yet,i was 50mg for 2 months,100 mg 2 months.i am low fertilty.my husband has high sperm count.Can someone help me out and give me some answers?
I took clomid for the first time 3 years ago after trying for 2+ years. I took 50mg days 5-9 and got pg the first month with twin boys, Cody and Kyle. Im now trying again. The Dr gave me 3 months of 50mg of clomid and im now on month 2.  I had high hopes it would work the first month again and didnt think I would have a harder time the second time around. (what a downer) I dont have any side affects from clomid this time. last time I had bad hot flashes and I felt bad cramps when I Oed. I hope it works this month.  My dr is not helpful at all when it comes to explaining anything so I dont really know when i should be ovulating or how soon to start having sex. does anyone have an answer for When do you ovulate while on clomid treatments???????
I have been on clomid for 4 months now. I ovulated first and second month and fell pregant but then missed carried at 5 weeks. then dr told me to take clomid straight away as apparently you can be more fertile after having a misscarriage so I did but unfortunatley didnt even ovulate that month. I am now on 4th cycle and She has increased my dosage from 50mg to 100mg. The way they tell if I ovulated is by having a blood test on day 21 from first day of period and if my progestrone levels are higher then 10/20 then they classified I ovulated.
Im a bit dishearted it has not happened again the Miscarriage really messed with my head and Its hard to stay positive and stress free which I know works against you when you  trying to concieve (conceive). Dr said she will only try clomid for 6 months so two more trys after this then its off to IVF for us which we dont think we can afford so looks like we may have to give away our hopes and dreams of starting a family. But heres hoping it works this timeround for us.
My husband and I have been TTC for 2 years when we first decided to start trying we got pregnant we did the very first month and then misscarried at 12 weeks. Since then we finally went to the DR after a year of trying to see why we had not gotten pregnant again and I charted my periods and body temperature and after testing I am not ovulating. I am on my 3rd round of clomid today is my last day. I started at 50mg and am now at 150mg on days 5-9. If it does not work this time he is putting me on injections which I have heard little about. He has not been monitoring me at all I just call him if I have had no positive tests for ovulation and when my period comes. I am so emotional. this is all i ever think about which I know you should try and hold it together because stress is not good but how do you not? I am hoping this round works but I just dont see it working. I have almost givin up hope of ever having my own baby. I have looked into IVF but my insurance does not cover I know it can be rediculously expensive. I just dont know what to do or to think and do not understand why the medicine is not working.
I just finished my second Clomid cycle...It is working but I have not gotten pregnant yet.  Everyone says relax and it will happen but that is very hard to do!  One thing my DR suggested was buying the Clearblue Easy Fertilty Monitor...199.99 a little spendy but very worth it!  I tell it my first day of my period and it does the rest tells me when to pee on the stick and gives results whether I am fertile or not within 5 minutes and it is very accruate.  It said I ovulated last month but I went to the DR for a 21 day progesterone test to make sure and I did...Have they diagnosed why you are not ovulating?  Mine is PCOS and I am on 50MG days 3-7 it seems to be working but yes very frustrating and I have done a lot of IVF Research and it is expensive and VERY overwhelming to look at but some of the Health and Science University hospitals will do no cost trials...Something to look into.  My best friend is about 5 months pregnant and I am very happy for her but frustrated at my situation and was looking for a schoulder to cry on and she basically told me that I treat her different since SHE got pregnant which hurt a little! UM A LOT so really all I have is my husband to confide in and he is a typical man so the compassion does not always flow LOL I find this site very helpful to read and I am always hear to lend an ear...
I took clomid for both of my children.  I managed to get pregnant on it the first time.  However I didn't get pregnant while on clomid with the second.  I only got pregnant after I finished my first round of doses, I skipped clomid for December and became pregnant with my daughter.  I recently was pregnant in April and miscarried.  However, again, I didn't get pregnant until after I stopped the clomid.  My doctor says sometimes clomid gets the system running and then it is ready to go but a lot of times women get pregnant once they complete their treatment.  Don't give up hope!  I know it's hard because you don't want to get excited to be disappointed but take it as it comes and it will get easier.  
Well guess what I am pregant on clomid 5th round im 17 weeks and all going well
After first miscarriage i was so dishearted but it worked for us mind you it was tough going through the first trimister ever pain every cramp i thought oh no here we go again but i am starting to relax now and believe everything will be fine thanks to all who posted comments on here i have to say it really does help to have a neutral post to talk out how you are feeling
I just did my 4th clomid round (50mg), 2 more to go until I see the doctor. I have no idea if I'm ovulating right or not. i have a normal period usually, but in December, the first 3 days were REALLY REALLY heavy, like it didn't even stop... My mom said perhaps I had one of those natural miscarriages. Perhaps so. But I have no idea when i'm ovulating. I can't tell my the mucus, because my husband and I make love on an overly regular basis (married less than a year, but been together longer. Newlywed Sex Syndrome.. haha) so it's sometimes hard for me to tell if it's his semen, or if it's the mucus. I've tried the OPK's, and they are all inconclusive, or maybe I'm taking them wrong. So to jmburns.. I really appreciated your comment that sometimes it happens after you've finished the round of clomid. It gives me a little more hope. I've already had one child, he's 8 yo. But I have read on another site that there is a such thing as "second infertility", which I'm starting to feel like I have. So apparently you shouldn't believe the ones who tell you that just because you've had one, that you've proven yourself and it should be easy to do it again and again.
But I do have one question... Since I'm on 50mg of Clomid for this 6mo cycle, how long after I finish this one, if I'm still not preg (hopefully it won't come to that), will my doc probably put me on a higher dose??

Thanks everyone!
Hi, this is the 1st time I'm blogging my feelings. Basically here's my prob. I've been diagnosed with PCOS for many yrs now..and it's been a struggle to reduce my weight. I'm only 23yrs old and just been sexually active with my husband for 3yrs approx. We started to try 1 yr ago...In a nutshell basically I've already been on 6cycles of clomid starting at 50mg and gradually increasing to 200mg. I was nothing but an emotional wreck! I only had a cyst or follicle on the last cycle but nothing became of it! I've taken a break from all the docs and meds and I hate taking metformin. It makes me feel sick. Any suggestions on what I can try or do? I really want to conceive soon coz we both want a baby :( Hope someone can help - would really apprecaite it.

Cheers,
Monz
I know how you feel. I am 24 and my husband and I really want to have a baby.We stopped using protection about 14 months ago and have not had any luck. I have not had a regular period since I got off the pill and I have taken progesterone every 3 mos to have a period (so I guess I don't ovulate) I am getting ready to start my first treatment of Clomid in 2 weeks and I am really nervous that it won't work. I am overweight and I know that doesn't help my getting pregnant, but my doctor told me not to diet because she said it could shock my system and make it harder for me to ovulate. I heard about possibly taking Metformin or Glucophage even if you are not diabetic to help ovulate and loose weight. Do you feel like it is helping you? Thanks for posting. I feel like I have no one to talk to because I don't like to tell people about my problem because I feel like they think I deserve this for being overweight or that I am young and I have lots of time to get pregnant so I should not worry about it. The problem is, once you find out you have trouble getting pregnant, it is all you can think about.
Ok, I am 27 yr.old and I don't have regular periods. I had to take the progesterone to have a period the first time and than started taking the Clomid on CD 5-9. With no luck. I got my period 30 days from the Last. Good news is I got that period on my own without the progesterone. So does that mean I ovulated? I hate these Ovulation test with the reading of these lines. I can't tell. The line always looks lighter than the other. on CD 21 it looked close to the same color lines but I did not get pregnant. So now I am on Clomid 50mg days 5-9 again. for 2nd round. Do a lot of women ovulate later than usual on clomid? CD-20-21-22? this is very frustrating ...
I was diagnosed with PCOS.  I just finished my 2nd round of Clomid and should have gotten my period 3 days ago.  I have never ever had a regular cycle, and I know I ovulated first round of clomid b/c af came. I could tell I was ovulating, however on the second round, I had no symptoms of ovulation at all.  We did take clomid days 3-7 had sex from days 10-20 like directed.  SO, am I pregnant or didn't I ovulate is the million dollar question?  I did take a hpt, came out neg on the first day past what should have been the day my period came.  I'm so confused. Can anyone shine some light on this?  
P.S.  I'm tired, hungry all the time, obviously according to my last chart I'm late, and pee more frequently (not all the time though).  
I have been trying to get pregnant for four years now and no luck. I was diagnosed with PCOS two years ago and I have been on metformin for about a year with no luck. Just took my first round of clomid waiting to see if I ovulate.
I am 32. I was diag w/PCOS w/IR. I had taken Metformin in the past (for 3 months, 500mg twice a day) but it to make me deathly ill. (sugar stayed too low) I had ALWAYS had trouble with my cycles. My norm was every other month and sometimes would miss a year all together. At 22, they stopped all together and never came back on their own. I had been in and out of Dr's/OB offices...they had said I was fat...stressed....one even said I had endometriosis. In '07 I dropped 30lbs in 2 months....I had went on a crash diet because I was going on a trip. I ended up preg WITHOUT a cycle. I did not know of coarse, and in 5 1/2 wks I lost it. I had done HOURS of research on the internet...and found something called Vitex. It is an herb that is suppose to make you cycle and help you conceive. I did it for 3 months, nothing. So I found a doc that prescibed me a cocktail of drugs and was able to tell me what was EXACTLY going on. I am taking Prenatal Plus, 2mg of Folic Acid (once a day), 400mg Prometrium (twice a day), and 100mg Clomid (on days 3-7). On day 14-16 I am suppose to go in for a sonogram. (Besides having PCOS w/IR....I have a serious hormonal imbalance that throws my cycles and makes my body think that a preg is a foreign body and forces a miscarriage) ***Wish me Luck***
What do I take with my clomid
I am 28 years old.  In May '09 I was diagnosed with PCOS, but I don't have a weight issue. I had been off birth control for 7+ months and had not had any signs of a period. I have always had an irregular cycle when not on birth control. By October '09, after several different tests (pelvic ultrasound and blood tests for thyroid and testosterone, etc.), I was seen by an endocrinologist who started me on 1000 mg of metformin. I developed some consistent light spotting, but no regular monthly cycle. This February, after doing some research, I purchased and started taking vitex (chasteberry) and a prenatal multivitamin. In March my doc upped my metformin dosage to 2000 mg per day (my testosterone was nearly in the normal range). By April, I stopped taking the vitex (chasteberry) and decided to contact my ob/gyn to inquire about starting clomid. I took provera to start my period and then tried 50 mg of clomid. I hoped I was pregnant, but my bbt did not show more than 3 days of a higher temperature, and by CD 38 I still had not had a period, and pregnancy test came back negative. This last month I was on 100 mg clomid and a regimen of 2000 mg Evening Primrose Oil (only from CD 1-14), plus my multivitamin, plus I switched to whole milk dairy exclusively (there's research to back this up! Do NOT do low-fat dairy! It contributes to ovulation problems!). My bbt did rise after day 21 and did stay high for 14 days before dropping. Alas, I was not pregnant, but I was overjoyed to have had the high temps and to finally have a period without progestins! Here we go second month of 100 mg Clomid!
Im 38yrs old and I had one son  his a teenager but now i am married and me and my husband want to have a baby I was on clomid for 4 months but nothimg happen , I do not know what to do  should I continue taking clomid bcoz i have done the research and only to find out that you can take clomid for 6months -1year. I' m worried  coz I do not want to have the baby at 40's please help.does fertomid also helps fertility?
im on third round of clomid 100mg the first two times and 200 this time the last two times nada this time good follicle and positive opks so excited i have pcos and i have been waiting two and a half years for this!!
btw i ovulated day 17
Im on my second month of taking clomid after trying to concive for over 3years i started getting worried when i want getting pregnant, each month i would pray my period wouldnt come. getting pregnant is on my mind morning noon and night im stressed all the time with worry i might never be able to start a family, im engaged i have a gorgeous house a stable income, i have everything i want except the one thing i want most out of my life ''children''. after trying to concive for so long we decided to got to the doctors for some answers, i hade blood test every month to see if i was ovulating and my partner got tested  his sperm is fine i am the one with low ovulation, i asked my doctor if there was anything she could give me to help me ovulate and she didnt evan mention clomid to me i found out about clomid over the internet and decided to buy it over the internet and try taking it without my doctors concent becouse she dint seem like she wanted to help which anoyed me all she wanted to do was do tests  on me which i did for 5 months {i was ovulating more each month which has given me hope} What side affects has everyone had?iv been having hot flushes, feeling sick and tiredness is this normal? i have never been pregnant before so i dont no what symptoms to look out for as im taking clomid aswell.
I just started on clomid on the 22nd of this month and I was perscribed to take it from day 5 to day 9 of my menstural period...I guess I have this syndrome which I only ovulate every 3 months, My period was normal from month to month but recently in the past year its been skipping a month. I am 22 years old and my husband is 25 we've been married for 5 years but havent achieved the goal of concieving...Bummer but My hopes are up and Im praying to god that this works. I now have 4 days and I dont know when I should start having sex nor when I should start doing the ovulation tests...any suggestions?
Just had a OB appointment and according to my Doc  I should take Clomid on day 3-7 and on day 12 start ovulation test. Once I get a positive result I should contact Doc to schedule progesterone test to see If  I ovulated.
I have a 4 yr old son and were aiming to have another one for 2 years im having difficulty so  i seek for physcian's advice she has diagnosed my case as PCOS related to secondary infertility and since i have an irregular period she gave me provera and clomid for fertility. I don't know if this will work for me.Its very frustrating esp. my son's is asking me every now and then about when is the baby coming out he's so excited to have a sister. We've been praying for a baby soon. Im taking clomid right now im on my 2nd day..Wish us luck.. I will be posting another comment in a months time if its successful.. Godbless everyone..
I completed my first cycle of Clomid 50mg yesterday and I'm happy to say that I didn't experience ANY side effects. I've been trying to get pregnant for about 6 months now but I have have a very irregular period.I'm really hopeful that this will be THE month.
I've also been taking folic acid and Vitamin B complex to improve my health. What more can I do to make sure it happens soon.
My husband and I have been trying to conceive for awhile now. I have to little boys one is 4 and the other 2. I have not been on any birth control since before my youngest son. I have been to my OB/GYN and have taken provera and clomid 50mg the first month and prometrium and clomid 100mg the second month. I have tried the ovulation kits none of them seem to say I am ovulating. My periods are very irregular. My doctor also told me to do the bbt chart. My temperatures are always different but never seem to get high or really low. My temps seem to stay around the 97.2 to 97.6 range. I am taking them before I get out of bed in the morning but I still sometimes get up in the middle of the night to tend to my children does this matter? Also when I took my medicine before I took it at night, should I have taken it in the morning? thanks
i am also on clomid my 2nd cycle, i nrmally have a 28 days cycle now i am having for 30 and 31 days. i don't know what is happening to me i am tired sometimes it makes me cry because i really want a baby. i don't know when i ovulate i don't if i should carry on to the 3rd cycle of clomid am getting really frustrated. can anyone help me please
Hi - I'm 33 y.o. and I've been TTC for a year on my own w/o much success. My cycles have always been irregular for as long as I can remember myself. One month it could be 30 another it could be 45 or 50 and I wasn't ovulating so.... After one blood test after another and not much explanation the doc put me on metformin (I have a slight PCOS), provera (to induce my period) and on my first trial of CLOMID day 3-7 of my cycle. Then they want me to come in on day 11 for the ultrasound to see if I'm ovulating and do the OVIDREL injection. Did ANYONE get pregnant this way???????? I find myself reading tons of posts of hopefull women to get pregnant and also lots of success stories and that makes me feel better but due to lack of info I am getting from my doctor, I'm confused. Also, he wanted me to undergo the HSG to check if I have my tubes blocked?? but then he asked me to wait a month... ANY ADVISE????
i started having problems with my periods after i stopped taking the pills,went to see my gp, went for a scan n showed i have pcos,which is about eight months now and ive been trying for a baby,started with metformin for the past three weeks and am in my  third week of the metformin,but i had my period for the first time after eight months of not having it without any medication and this month thus june am having some cramps around my waist which is strange to me,can somebody pls tell me what that means cos i dont know.am sexually active too.somebody help me.asap.thanks.
am so excited cos am going to the fertility clinic on monday with my partner to see them in order to start with the clomid.pls wish me good luck so that when i start it i will ovulate and then be able to concieve (conceive) and have babies.am on mertformin for about four weeks now and still no periods.:),am so eager to have babies.will keep u updated if any changes come up.
I have been on clomide for 3 months and I haven't gotten pregnant yet I only have 1 tube I had my tubes untied in march of this year .i believe its working because when I was ovulating I was in alot of pain I go to the dr this week and let see what he has to say I hope my husband sperm isn't low lol I wish it would work sooner I'm ready to have another baby I have 5 of my own they are teenagers but we  want 1 together if u no another d drug to help women to conceive please let me no
I started clomid 4 months ago.  going into my 3rd month I didnt get a period and was 3 weeks late and negative pregnancy tests.  when I finally I got my period I started my 3 round of clomid. Has anyone ever had this problem?????  And does this mean that its not working for me?  
I was told by my dr that you ovulate around 7 days after you take your LAST pill of Clomid for that cycle. That to be on the safe side start using opks cd 11-18 .... once it turns pos thats when we should start BDing every day for ten days straight (once the opk is positive it can take up to 3 days for the egg to be released) So all that covers all the bases. Also he said from the time you start your period to the time you get your pos opk have your husband abstain from ejaculating at all. That way he has a build up of the best swimmers.

I'm 25 and my dh and i have been trying to concieve (conceive) for over 2 years. I'm on my first cycle of clomid 50 mg. The only problem I have is irregular ovulation and my husband has a very high sperm count and great motility. Ill leave an update on how my first cycle went. Good luck ladies!!!
I am 25 and on my second round of clomid 50mg the first time I never got a period. This time they have been scanning me and I go back tomorrow to see if any eggs have matured. I also have pcos which is a nightmare for me as I would love to be a mummy so much. I love reading other peoples stories especially when its good news it gives me hope. Just wish people would update more once they have good news. good luck everyone x
Hi, three yr ago I had no problems at all concieving but this time around its been year and a half without any luck :( I have had irregular cycles my whole life and dr suspects PCOS. So I turned to dr three months ago and she put me on 50mg of clomid which wasn't monitored first two months than on the third month I went for ultrasound which showed that I wasn't ovulating at all even tho the opk showed that I was :( .....this is my 4th month and first round of 100mg of clomid, today is my count day 12 and the biggest follicle measured at 13.5mm and next one was 10mm I go for another scan in two days and hopefully the have grown some more. if the grow idk if I should ask to trigger the ovulation? Well see what the dr suggests. Good luck to all!!
Well my husband and i got together March 2009, stopped taking the depo shot in April 2009 and didnt have a period until june 18th 2011. Doctor put me on metformin 500mg twice a day. July 19th, 2011 i spotted for three days, then august 31st i spotted just when i wiped. September 16th i started provera to make me start my period. Started the 25th and started my first round of chlomid 9/29/2011. Also in september, my husband had a semen analysis done and everything is fine on his part. I am 21years old and have been married since 2009 and been trying to conceive since we had gotten together. In October 2011 had ultrasound of ovaries and follicles, everything looked good but still no luck. I started period 10/31 and chlomid 11/3....another ultrasound 11/9, started opk's 11/11 and lab work done 11/23. On 11/28- I had real sharp pains on my right side of stomach that lasted about 45 minutes----any ideas? Busy month but doing everything we can think of doing to help us out. For December so far, started period 12/5, chlomid 12/9 and taking on cycle days 5-9.

I have read everyone's post on here and knowing im not alone calms my nerves but so anxious to have a baby. For chlomid in december they up'd my dosage to 100mg instead of 50mg and no longer having to take provera to make me start period so happy about that! My husband is 30 and has two kids already which are 5 & 9 but we dearly want one together as well. I want the joy of being a parent the way he does. Can anyone give any advise on trying to stay positive about it all? I know my doctors are talking about IVF if this doesnt work by 6 months, which means we only have 2 months left so hoping it works. Good luck everyone out there in the same situation!! Any advice is greatly appreciated!!! :)
Hello!!! I'm taking clomid and this is my second take!!! I just wanna ask how to determine ovulation period?  And is it Normal to feel nauseating and vomiting?
Just so you know hardly anyone ovulates on 50mg that what my new ob doc just told me. We skipped over the 50 mg dose this time as she thought it wouldn't help anyway and you can only do so many cycles of clomid. I would get a second opion. And your age maybe has something to do with it but i also think its the fact your doc is only doing the losest dose twice in a row. thats a waste for you and your spouse. every month pregnancy isn't acheived your dose is to be upped 50 mg. i have had to different fertitly doctors tell me this. and so far i have one healthy baby to show for it and am currently doing another round of clomid for a second. I was also abloe to help a good friend of mine with advice and she is currently pregnant. good luck
On Clomid & trying to conceive.

Hi Everyone,

I have a few questions I would like to put out there to see if anyone has gone through or going through what I am currently going through.

To give you a little history of myself.
My husband and I have been together for 8 1/2 years Married for just over a year.

When we got married we said we would start trying for a baby, When we started trying my period all of a sudden went all over the place. So I went to the doc's and they found that I had a septate so they moved us onto a specialist. He removed my septate as it was very long while he did the op he saw some endometriosis so that was also cut out. I then had an IUDinsertedd for 2 periods. This was removed the start of Nov 2011. The doc's said that they only want to give us a short time to try and fall pregnant natural . So anyways My husband and I decided to go away to LA for a holiday :)
we were hoping with being over there the stress would lift and we could have a real chance of TTC.
any who it didn't happen, so i went back to mySpecialistt on the 30/12/11 who it a blood test and they called me back that afternoon and put me straight on Clomid (50mg) followed by Ovidrel (250mcg) & Progesterone Pessaries (200mg).

I have currently taken 4 Clomid tablets.

I think my question is do you think with my history and being on these drugs would you think I stand a chance of falling pregnant soon??

Also if you have been on these drugs or had these issues in the past or present can you please let me know your outcome & how many babies you had with these drugs?

I guess i am just getting to the end of my tether with waiting.

Thank you and baby dust to all :)
My husband and I have been together for 8 years.  We have a 3 year old son going on 4 in june.  We decided we wanted to start trying for baby number 2 because we dont want our kids too far apart in age.  I got off of BC the first week of july 2011.  I never had a period when i stopped and my period was NEVER regular to begin with.  I went for my annual OBGYN appointment on 12-15-11 and told her what was going on and she wanted me to get bloodwork done for a hormone panel(which everything came back normal but showed i havent ovulated) and then start provera which did work and i started my cycle on dec 20th...dr told me to start taking clomid day 3(dec 22nd) through cycle day 7(dec 27) and to have sex on cycle days 10-18...now that ive gotten through all of that im just wondering when i should take a pregnancy test to see if clomid worked??? Im also set to have more bloodwork done on cycle day 21 (jan 11) and im assuming its to see if i ovulated...did anyone have success with clomid? or did anyone take it on cycle day 3-7 and get told different instructions? any feedback would help! thanks so much!
Hello!  I just started my first round of Clomid (50mg) days 5-9.  I did a opk and it said I was ovulating on day 9.  It is now day 29 and no sign of AF and 3 negative HPT's.  Any thoughts?  Thanks!

HI
    I just started  Clomid 50mg for first time twice a day I started on January 15 till January 19 I get started using the clear blue strips on January 19 till the day yesterday 01/23/2012 and I got no positive all negative and I have 3 years trying to get pregnant. but nothing work  my partner  went to  the doctor and everything is fine except that he has low sperm .
  can anyone help me and tell me how I know when I'm ovulating and what I can do to have a baby if clomid dont works

thank u and good luck
I wouldn't order anything (especially a fertility drug) over the internet. If you've taken clomid and it's not working for you then choose a fertility specialist that can find the problem. Clomid should not be used other than under the care of a physician.
Took clomid cd 5-9 got pregnant first time. Miscarriage at 6 weeks unexplained m/c took clomid on 5-9 of af after m/c is there any hope of conception
Hi my name is whitney and I just started taking clomid 50 mlg. 3-7 I miscarried 3 times before taken any fertilty meds. They did test saying I don't ovulate. I can go months without getting a period so I blame not ovulating. Do u think I will get pregnant soon??
oHello everyone i am on my 1st cycle o clomid and im on my second day and im so confused about when to start having sex me and my husband have been trying or 2 years now naturally and havent had any luck i really enjoyed lookin at you guys comments cause it makes me fel like im not the only one out thre .....so can you help me when iam i spose to start having sex after i take my 5 days
Since you are paying for his services , sit down and have a talk with your doctor to let him know what's on your mind. As a patient you have the right to ask whatever questions you want and / or need to know and it is his job to make sure that he explains and that you understand everything right down to the T. Good luck
I am on my first round of 50mg of clomid. I ovulated on day 24 of this cycle and today which is day 27 I started my period. Is this normal and is there anyway I could be pregnant due to ovulation happening so close to my period??
I too share the frustrtion of many of you.  I am on my second round of clomid and I was supposed to have done an HSG to find out whether i was ovulating but my doc got da dates wrong so that could not have been done, sadly.  I am disappointed in the lack of concern and attention that the doc shows.  I am already 34 for goodness sake.  My chances of getting preg are slimmer as time goes by and I soooo do want a child.