Maternal & Child Community
Waiting for a Miscarriage?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Waiting for a Miscarriage?

I am about 7wks along. Found out I was preggo last week and two days later was told that I would miscarry before the week was out. My progestrone level was at a 2 and they hard a hard time finding a heartbeat (which was low when they found it).

By Monday i still hadn't started bleeding so I had to go in for another sonogram. Still a heatbeat and growth - although the heart beat is a little low and the growth was a little behind. I am waiting on the blood tests to see where the progestrone level is.

This wasn't planned and finding out that a miscarriage was likely was a relief. But, now that it hasn't happened I am beside myself with trying to figure out what is going on.

Anyone else had a similar situation?
have they checked your hcg levels as well?  If they are doubling every 38-72 hours the pregnancy may be viable.  Don't rush into a dnc, wait until you are sure.
I had a similar experience and eventually miscarried in january. It will take time and patience if you want it to happen naturally. I really wanted it to happen naturally(no D&C), mine took about 6 weeks to complete after I was told that the miscarriage was inevitable. I know it is emotionally hard to wait that long. try to be strong. Hope everything goes smoothly.
Yikes - 6wks is such a long time.  Did you continue to have pregnancy symptoms?  I have severe nausea and faintness.
Well, I guess you will have to wait and see...

I wish you well.
Yes, but they were so focused on the progestrone that I didn't think to ask about the actual level of hcg - he just told me that it was quite high.  The initial concern was that this was an eptopic pregnancy, but the sonogram ruled that out.
Thank you.
If progesterone seems to be the issue and you do have a heartbeat, then why are they not giving you progesterone supplements?  Like a suppository or something?  Seems like they would try that to see if things improve.  I am sorry for what you are going through!  I will keep you in my prayers!
I feel for you.
I was just in the exact situation about 5 wks ago.
This was my 3rd m/c so when i found out i was preg an u/s was done at 6wks.
All was okay, even seen a heart beat.
Went back for another u/s at 8 wks so i thought only to find i was about a wk behind. From the day i was told i will m/c it happened within 2 wks. The bleeding was horriable for about 3-4 days with spotting towrds the end and for the majority of a 2 wk period.
My 1st m/c i did a d&c because i did not know what to expect and i just wanted it to be over. The las two happened pretty much the same way.
It's a hard decision, but you and your body know what's best.
Hope this was a bit of help and that you are doing well.
Sorry for your loss.

Scani
I waited 16 days to miscarry naturally, but it never happened.  I had a D&C because I wanted it over with and to be able to start trying to conceive again.  My HCG was still increasing slowly and I was hardly even spotting, so my body was showing no signs of miscarrying soon.
well I am sorry you don't want this pregnancy--nonethless--I hope you and your baby are ok.  If it is meant to be it will be.  Try to focus on your baby and be happy--it will turn out to be the best experience for you.  I hope you are happy with the results in the end.  
damn.......this thread just makes me sad......

hearing that for you a miscarriage was a relief, when here we are, a bunch of ladies trying like hell to put in the past such a painful experience......and trying like hell to bring back our dreams of being mommies.....just makes my heart ache......

sorry to hear that you don't care if your baby dies.........and hope that baby goes back Home if he is needed up there, or that he/she lives a fair and loving life if he/she is required to stay in this world.......

=(
i agree with vsentz......  i have been ttc for 8 years and reading this thread just makes me mad .... i feel sorry for the baby being conceived to a woman like you.... you should take responsibility for your actions.... next time before you spread your legs out, you must think a millions times first.... conceiving a baby is by no means an accident and a m/c should never feel like a relief..... if i could just take that baby away from your uterus and put her in mine, i would definitely do so....

(sigh) what a waste of thread this is... people having a hard time ttc dont need to read threads such as this......
I agree with marxsp & V,How dare you come on here & say something like a m/c is a relief.Mine was the worst 3 months of my life.I had ectopic & waited it out.For such a miricle like your's.If you do m/c than I'm sorry,but to say that a m/c was a relief.Next time use protection,It saddens me that anybody would even say that.I am 21 wks pregnant & am the happiest person on earth.To bad people like you get pregnant so easily,while others who've been trying for yrs have never expierienced.I hope you change your mind.And if you do m/c.I hope its REALLY what you wanted at the end.
If Broker is indeed pregnant with a viable pregnancy, and hoping for a mc, to avoid a termination, then yes, I agree with the ones who are sad... This is not the forum to be posting on.  However, if she is just confused at this point, an unplanned, unviable pregnancy has got to be difficult, and my heart goes out to you.
  I am pregnant now with an empty sac, as far as we know, and I am soooo sad... I was trying to conceive.  My dr. was waiting and expecting it to mc on its own, and hasn't.  I have an appt today for another US.  My numbers are rising slowly, but not enough.  So, as far as 'waiting for a mc', I can understand.  If this is indeed destined to mc, then I wish it would happen soon, so we can try again.  I have a feeling unfortunately that he is going to sched a D/C today.  
I wish you all the best.  And let's remember, we are not here to judge anyone else. Broker, if you are preg w/a healthy baby, I think you just have some thinking to do- who knows- this might end up being a true blessing for you.  As someone who wants a baby, and may mc, or have to 'wait' to, no matter how you slice it, it's sad.....
I am currently 8 weeks pregnant, but a miscarriage is eminent. The heart rate at 6 weeks was 100 bpm and the fetus was measured at 6w0d. At 7 weeks, the heart rate was 80 and the fetus showed no growth. This week, the heart rate was a faint, 64 bpm, also with no growth. My baby, who is desperately wanted, will not survive, no matter how many tears I cry. Walking around, in tears all day, knowing that my baby is dying and there is nothing that I can do about it, is HELL. I am heart broken, but I need this to be over. I don't WANT a miscarriage, but I will be relieved to know that my angel is no longer struggling and that we can move forward and try again. No one WANTS this and judging someone who can't take another day of walking around, on a death watch, waiting for the inevitable, is so cruel.

Kris
I don't think she is releaved because her miscarriage is happening and she just wants it to be over with it.....i think she is releaved because for whatever circumstance in her life she didn't want this kid in the first place......

I know everyone has mistakes,....and makes them......and when i was 18, i thought i was pregnant.....my dumba$$ self would have probably aborted....because I was YOUNG AND REALLY DUMB.......(maybe, maybe i would have learned to love and accept my child.....), and i just hope this poster is a teenager, confused to the bones and with no parents or bf to support her.......cuz if she is in a stable relationship, with family that loves her and would love that baby......and she is saying this because she is renting an apartment instead of owning a house....or a dumb excuse like that.....then I am supporting what Nanis and Marsxp are saying.....

I DO know what is a miscarriage shattered heart.......i would never wish this would happen to my worse enemy!!! ever!!!!!! and to hear this just makes my heart ache and like Marsxp says, i just wanna say 'GIMME THAT!', reach her baby and implant him in my womb............

My angel baby in heavens, when she was in mommy's belly, she wasn't planned either.....but you know what? she came to do nothing but ILUMINATE my entire world!!!!!! I NEVER felt so happy and so BEAUTIFUL in my life like when i was preggers with her...........i cannot imagine carrying a child and being unhappy............

(((sighs)))

it's just sad......
I know that there are a lot of women on hear ttc and I am sorry I know what it is like to really want to be a mom.  I don't think it is fair to jump down this woman's throat though and tell her "not to go spreading her legs".  I can also understand where she comes from.  I am pregnant with baby #5.  An unplanned pregnancy because my tubes are tied!  When I first found out I was hoping for an ectopic pregnancy and then honestly a miscarriage would have been easier for me.  Now that I know that isn't going to happen I will of course love this baby as much as I love my other four.  But before you automatically assume that she didn't use protection and was just spreading her legs you should stop and think how insensitive that sounds as well.  Sorry just had to add my two cents worth as this is an emotional topic for me as well right now and I know that "accidents" can and do happen.

Kris
well, im not trying to judge anybody... i have anever judged anybody here before and i am not starting now... the point is, i wouldve felt for her if i didnt see the first sentence of her last paragraph.... but after reading:.... this is an unplanned pregnancy and knowing that i would m/c is a relief..... i cant help but to jump on her for thinking such.... i know there are a lot of frustrated ttc'rs here and this forum has had so many threads about people feeling very very sad that their pregnancies resulted to m/c.. and that reading her post saying she's relieved???  (sigh)

i just hope that if ever she m/c is what she really wanted.. or if ever it becomes viable, i hope she find in her heart to love this child and never to ever call it an unplanned one.... i would feel really really sorry for her baby.....
Kris, i would suggest you read the original post and then our posts.....we are making CLEAR that, if this is something like your case (that sounds VERY familiar to me......I had the exact same thing happen to me) then is a shame and yes, it is better to be over and done with it.....BUT, if this is some woman that for some stupid reason doesnt' want kids right now because it doesn't fit in her plans......and is a relief for her so she can continue doing what she was doing....then i think it is SAD! period. There is SO MANY women that are not able to have ONE kid....not one....there are many that want one more kid for their little lonely child.....who knows! WE ARE DYING to become mothers....incluiding you, i assume, and for someone who comes in here and says it's a relief to miscarry.....I am sorry, that is just WROOOOONG.
Now, please pay attention to the posts above.....and I am sorry this is happening to you.....I KNOW that pain you are going thru....I went thru it....and still, day by day, there's not a moment I don't hurt and long for my baby that would be a very healthy 2 month old in mommy's arms......
I hope you find answers, comfort, and help. And also, I hope that your shattered dreams, one day, are put all together again.....and you get what you want........my heart goes out for you.
I hope I didn't offend anyone with my post.  It sounds kind of heated here.  I went to my dr. yesterday to find my condition is definitely a blighted ovum.  So, I unfortunately have to wait the weekend to see if I mc on my own.  Either way I go back Mon for my last sono, and then a D/C if nothing happens.  I will be ttc again starting in May..  I feel for everyone on this board.  But, really, everyone here is in a sad situation.....  Good luck to you all.
I had read this post when she first posted but didn't reply.  I was waiting to see if anyone else caught onto the "relief of miscaraige part"   I just wanted to say I agree with the above posters.  I was really upset when I read it.  I understand that some babies are not planned but to want your baby not to make it?????  
lorilee--
Ya know, i am totally bummed lately...well, in a sense since my m/c.....(exactly know what you are going thru girl, my heart goes out to you sweetie) and to hear this just makes me sick.......I hope i got it wrong and she's waiting for a m/c because she doesn't want her baby to suffer anymore or her....since it might be the inevitable.....but i get a feeling is not that way......
I am DEEPLY sorry to hear what you are going thru hon, please please please take care of yourself, and don't be afraid, what is coming doesn't hurt at all, whether they do a DNC or miscarry on your own......don't be scared, sadly enough, it's very common thing.......
I am sorry....(((hugs)))

lynn--- i totally agree with you, i was gonna shut my mouth, but since it's a public forum and we can express opinions, here i am.....i didn't offend....i just stated how sad it was for me to hear that....and it truely is.....and feel very sorry for the poster, how unsensitive can a human being be.......
Big hugs to ya!
It makes me mad that all these people who don't want kids and couldn't care less get pregnant and then the ones that want a baby more than anything can't or do then loose them.  I know people who are pregnant and still drinking (i'm not talking a glass of red wine every now and then)   and smoking and god knows what else.  I did everything perfect and stll lost 2.  My stepsons mother is a freakin baby machine and she deserves to have a court ordered hysterectomy if they do that!!!!!!!!!   She has NOTHING to do with my stepson.  Never calls him or sees him.  As a matter a fact she moved accross the country and still hasn't called my husband to tell him.  She is 22 and preg iwth number 4!!!!   Sorry, had to vent.  I would like to strangle this good for nothing woman!!!!    Good luck with your baby making!!!
Thank you so much for your caring thoughts/words.  I have to be honest- This sucks, and I feel so ripped off.  I myself have been wondering why people who really, and I mean really want a child (first, second, or any other) can't without all this heartache...  And why some who don't even want them get to have them....  My daughter is making her first communion in a few short weeks, and I must admit, having faith has not been so easy lately...  I do try, but it's an effort, because I am so upset..  
I also wanted to ask you, (even though I wish you couldn't give me any info, and your pregnancy didn't end in mc)....  You said it doesn't hurt... Today, I have a crushing migraine, and a teeny bit of spotting..  Is headace common before a mc??  Or is it just my messed up body...  with yet another baffling symptom??  Oh, and as for the cramps to expect: I normally have horrible cramps, do you think it'll be much worse than that???  Thanks in advance for any advice you may have....Still sending baby dust to you...  We have to think positive, right??!!!
Sweetie, you are doing great......you are thinking positive (as much as you can), but don't feel guilty if you get in a little 'disagreement' with the 'guy upstairs'.....He understands....and yes, it's NOT easy to have faith when you have been put thru this very unkind and unfair (almost morbidly unfair) situation.......
You are not the only one. I have gotten in little spats with my mom about this. As much as she tells me i have to pray and get closer to God, i just don't feel like it! (i think you have to be certain about getting close to your Father, and when you are ready, you will know....meanwhile, is pointless to 'fake' a faith....)
It bothers me big time when people just tells me: 'oh, it's not your time, it's God's time,...' or the ole 'just pray, sit down, wait and pray' HELL NO! i might pray, but im not gonna settle for the sit down and wait....on his time! no!, what if all i have to do to be 'his time' is fight for what i want?.....and guess what lorilee, i have fought for this.....against many's opinion, and found the cause of my infertility....and my miscarriage too.......(but that's another story....)

Please girl, ask away!!! i am sooooo glad i can help!!! in fact, when i get over all this nightmare of mine, i am planing to go join a church group (or a comunity group) to help ladies undergoing this same nightmares....somehow, i need to help others........ya know...with this experience, i think i am a lot more sensitive to this....
Yes, you are doing just fine, spotting is normal...i spotted for like 2 weeks and then 4 weeks after (total 6 weeks) i had my first 'period' which was a very light one.......brownish...(sorry tmi!), and yes, i had head aches, some cramps, not much tho......very mild.....and i was very tired.....
Just be aware of what your body tells you, if you need to rest, take some nice afternoon naps.....but...if you have fever and heavy cramps...then you should call your doc...
Also, after my first AF....5 weeks later...i had the second one and it was a nightmare!! lol....well, it was just a lot of blood....not painful tho, but a lot of blood.......;) it is normal...so don't get scared....
How are you feeling today?
if you need more answers and i can help, please contact me....just ad 'at' rmshanover.com after my nick.....
Kisses and hugs to you sweetie, take it easy ok?
Thank you for your sweet words!!!! =) I needed them!! =))
It was so good to hear from you!  You are a wonderful person, and I know things will go well for you!~  Thank you so much for all your understanding, and kind words.  It makes this ordeal that much less horrible.  
I saw my dr. again this morning....  Yet another u/s...  I am bound to be my insurance co's least fave customer...  Unfortunately, I have to have the D/C tomorrow at 10am.  It doesn't seem to want to budge on its own...  Go figure, when I was pregnant w/my daughter, now almost 8, the poor kid practically slid right out of me!  I was high risk w/her the whole time, due to prev surgeries.  Now, all these years later, finally preg again w/an empty sac, and it wants to stay put...  Oh, how I wish there was a little one in there to be so stubborn.  
So, on a note not on my end....  In your post you said you found the cause of your infertility.....  Is this a good thing?????  Is it something you or dr. can rectify??  Oh, I hope.......  
Also, as far as faith, and prayers, and whatnot..  I was talking to a woman from a church as far as some of this....  Her answer to me was that He does always answer prayers, just not always, or even usually in the way we hope or expect.....  I think it'd be great of you to go to help other women in nightmares like this.  You have a knack, that's for sure.  You have helped me!!  I am feeling better about things, too.  There are people out there going through far worse than this.  My heart goes out to everyone...  V- keep me posted on your situation... I love hearing from you, and thanks again..  I will e-mail you soon-
AWWEEEEE girl.....thank you!!!!! like i said, i is my pleasure to help you get out of 'this hole', I wish i can reach from the computer to give you a big hug...... and take you shopping! lol.......(great therapy for me....;))
I know exactly what you mean about how ironic things can be.....I wish there would be a little one grabbing your belly tight......at least girl, there's no baby suffering in there, he's grown wings and now he's in a better, much better place.....not suffering....(((HUGS))) =), that's the way i think of my little one.....
You will see, your time will come very soon, and if things didn't go right this time, doesn't mean at all, that next one will not be as healthy and uneventful as ever!.....it WILL be that way!!! =))
Yeah girl, i believe it's a good thing they discovered it.......ya know, im kinda crazy......and believe in many other stuff than just 'religion'....in fact i don't have a 'defined' religion....was raised catholic, but stepped out about 4 years ago.
I still believe in a good God, and talk to him like He's one of us.....like my Father....i still do not understand (but that's my bull head self....) why this had to happen, and i think once i get out of this, i will see His reasons....but i don't wanna get much into religion cuz i can't stand holly rollers! (that's another story too...) lol ;)
I went to talk to a person that has a lot of sensitivity towards things most of us don't see or feel. She told me (very spiritual) that the problem was in me, not my husband (before all my tests) and told me it was gonna be solved with a small surgery, to correct it, and i was gonna be pregnant RIGHT after that in the months of May, June or July......2007.
I went to my RE shortly after that and had an HSG (since all other tests incluiding dh's came back fine) and when i got out of the room i just felt this thing.....and told the radiologist, when she told me my tubes were most likely open but..........., i said 'check for something in my uterus'.......she said 'well, i was just gonna say, your tubes might be opened, most likely because you have conceived....but there is a fibroid in your uterus and is blocking them and tilting/distorting your womb.....no eggie can implant like that (it's acting like an IUD)....or descend thru the tubes anyway....'
I just started jumping saying 'YES!, YES!'....lol.....while the nurses where like 'huh?'....i was so happy we 'found it'.....ya know? the doctor says that's probably what caused my mc's a year ago........

I am currently under treatment to shrink it (since is a tennis ball size), and in mid May i will have a laparoscopy/hysteroscopy surgery.......
I am a foreigner, and i get so lonely....but i look forward to the surgery since i just found out my mommy will be coming to stay with me for months!!!!! (don't know how long yet...)....she's my angel.....=)
*sighs*, aaah girl, it's been a long journey, but hopefully it will NOT be long for you sweetie, if you cannot conceive after some time, seek help, don't listen to people that tell you, 'oh just wait', or 'it's common....(mc), next will be fine....' after you've had multiple.....

Sorry for such a long post!......hope it helps you hun!!! =)
i look forward to talk to you!!! you are a sweet heart!!!
Hello...  Had the d/c yesterday...  ick.. Thank you for the hugs, i needed them..V- I tried to e-mail you, but I am not sure my outgoing messages are working...  If you could give me your email again, I'd love to chat with you some more, and not tie up the board.. I have so much to tell you...  You are a sweet person, and I wish all the best for you!  Hope to hear from you soon- L