Waiting for miscarriage
Hi Ladies,
Ok, as some of you know I have a blighted ovum pregnancy. I was undecided between medical abortion or D&C. This morning I got my test results back and my hormones are dropping(went from 28000 to 24360 in couple of days). Considering that I've had 2 D&Cs before, do you think I should wait and give it a chance for natural miscarriage? Do you know approx. how long it takes till the miscarriage is complete once the hormones start dropping. Please share your insights. Need you advice.Thanks.
a miscarriage can last for several hours or even up to sveral days. have you had more than one?
Yes, but I had D&C before I even start bleeding. This time, I still am not spotting or anything, but my hormone levels have just started to go down. I prefer to wait for natural miscarriage, but am not sure if I will start bleeding soon.
HI:

I'm sorry to hear you're going through this.  I've had 3 blighted ova so I know how you feel.

My docs recommend having a D&C.  Apparently 1 out of 5 times you'll end up needing one anyway.  

For me, it helps me move on.  I can't imagine waiting for it.  

Good luck, and sorry again.
I think you should do what you feel is right in your heart.  I too had a blighted Ova when I was 10 weeks w/ my first pregnancy.  When I found out the Dr. gave me the choice.  He sent me home with the pills to take or if I felt like waiting it out he was ok with that too.  He didn't feel D&C was necessary for me since the baby didn't develope.  I chose to wait (I had a wedding to attend that weekend) From the day I first spotted it took an additional week before I miscarried (I continued to spot that week).  I was at work and started to feel cramps, it was just like contractions to me, they would start then stop, then start then stop.  Finaly when I made it home I started to bleed more heavey and within a few hours it was over.  I did shed the sac it was grey like, and was different than the regular blood clots.  This happened to me March 06 and I am still happy to day that I waited it out.  I think if it happened again I would do the same.  Although every pregnancy is different so It all depends on your feelings at that time.  Go with what your heart tells you.  Best wishes to you, I am sorry for your not so good news.  Keep your chin up and keep your thoughts positive.  

I have since had another miscarriage and still TTC....hoping this month might be a bright one.
Thanks and good luck with TTC:)