Maternal & Child Community
Walking???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Walking???

Ok...everyone says to walk, walk, walk if you want to go into labor.  I have been walking almost every evening and nothing yet.  Do you think it makes a difference as to what time you walk? My friend told me that maybe I should try walking earlier in the day. Have any of you had this same experience? What should I try?
i highly doubt walking will send you into labour. Besides if you are close to your due date you shouldnt be walking so much. Dont over do it, labour when start when your baby is good and ready to come!!! have patinet girl, i bet you will soon be looking down at that gorgeous face thats ready to be seen! good luck and i wish you the best in a safe delivery.
In my own person belief i do not think anything will get you to go into labor LOL well maybe having sex might but i am not exactly sure. i am 41wks 3days pregnant been walking TONS since i was 38wks and i still haven't gone into labor. So doctors decided to induce tomorrow. And the previous poster is correct if you are very close to your due date i would be careful with the walking and not to over do it... BUT if you want to go into labor i would say have sex i hear it works i personally do not know. But good luck!
I went for a walk at 11:00pm 2 days before my first was due. I went maybe a mile at a comfortably fast pace. I felt her drop and started having contractions! If I had known that was going to happen I would have waited until morning because I was tossing the whole night, continued to progress SLOWLY the entire next day and night, and then finaly she was born at 10:30 the folowing morning. I wondered if my laber would have gone quicker if I had let it alone, but I can't say because it was my first and you tend to go long anyways and maybe I would have started anyways, who can say.
about sex triggering labour, i was told by my gynae that it does work, but only when you are due to go into labour soon. he said when the genes in the sperm mixes with the natural cervical mucus you produce around labour, it triggers your cervix to dialate, well iam not sure how true it is but i decided to try it one night, early teh next morning around 2pm i went into labour, at got to doctors office at 3am and he said i was 2cm dialeted, he sent me home at 7am as labour had slowed down to almost a complete stop.....funny i know, for the next five days i stayed home and timed my contractions....on sat morn around 5am after having sex again i wnet into labour, my son was born at 8:25pm that night. you just never know eh? but again wait for it to happen, in the mean time try having slow very carful intecourse. when is your due date anyway? do you know what you are haivng?
My due date is not until the 17th, but I have been cramping a lot this week.  In the evenings, it kind of slows down though. I have been walking and having sex. I know he will not come until he is ready( I am having a boy), but I would just like to try what I can without over doing it. That's why I wondered if maybe I should try walking earlier in the day.
Nothing will put you into labor, but your own body and baby. Belive me i have tried everything and i been at 4cm since last week. Let your body do the work, when its ready youll have your baby:)