Maternal & Child Community
Water break?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Water break?

Sorry if this is TMI but when I was peeing it wasn't a lot but all of a sudden I felt a lot come out and I'm not sure from where???   I am 28 weeks and 3 days and never had my water break or anything so I dont know if it was just my pee and I didnt realize it or what any help could help me decide between the two....I just dont want to call my doctor and feel like an idiot who just went pee and didnt know it LOL ...
Well its hard to say but are u leaking fluid still? After ur water breaks there should still be fluid leaking. Dont hesitate to call ur doc for fear of looking foolish, thats what he/she is for and if ur water has broken at 28 weeks ur doc needs to know.
There might be fluid leaking out and your dr needs to make sure that it's not amniotic fluid that you're losing.  I would call the dr to make sure you're ok.  I'm sure you're ok but just for peace of mind, make that call.  Good luck.
If your water did break, you would continually leak some fluid.  If you are standing and the baby is in a head down position, it could be blocking the flow of amniotic fluid, but while laying down, you would still be leaking.  If you are really concerned, don't be afraid to call your dr.  They do get these calls all the time, and they should expect them, so don't hesitate to call for advice on what to do.  On a side note, when my water broke I was in complete denial b/c it was 4 weeks early and I just wasn't expecting it.  I sat up in bed and felt this weird sensation of a "snapping" if that makes sense.  It was almost like someone shot a rubber band at me, but from the inside (that type of slapping sensation) and then water gushed out.  I STILL didn't believe it and went to the bathroom and just assumed that I had peed on myself!  Well, the pain started about 15 minutes later and I still didn't think it was labor....I just thought that I must have eaten something that did not agree with my stomach.  I finally headed to the hospital about 45 minutes later after my husband forced me and by the time I got there I had already dialated to a 6!  I felt SO stupid after that!  I had been preparing for labor for almost 9 months and when it finally happened to me, I just couldn't believe it!  Anyway, 1 hour later I was holding my baby girl!  I know I was further along than you, so that is why I say don't hesitate to call your  dr if you are worried!