Maternal & Child Community
Weight loss AFTER breastfeeding??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Weight loss AFTER breastfeeding??

I know many women praise breastfeeding for helping them lose weight, but have any of you struggled with losing weight while breastfeeding and instead lost it AFTER you were done breastfeeding?  I lost all but 5 pounds that I had gained while pregnant.  I am 5'8" and weighed 140 before I got pregnant - so I was very average in weight.  Now I am 145, which is fine with me, except I have all this weight that I am still  carrying in my bustline, waist and something I have never had, love handles!  I am just curious if any of you lost some of that middle section weight once you were done breastfeeding.  My DS is 7.5 months old and I am still breastfeeding and plan to continue until close to his 1st birthday.  TIA!
Mollie
Related Discussions
6 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
From what I hear, you lose that extra 5 to 10lbs once you are completely done breastfeeding. I have been lucky to have lost weight while i have been breasfeeding but I also have been eating more ****. I am sure you will lose it.

Blank
I have always lost weight when done breastfeeding...about 5 lbs or so.  I think the body holds onto extra reserves while  nursing ...it's the body's way of making sure you have enough stores for nourishing your baby.  Plus I think you lose additional water weight.  I never get down to my smallest though until after done nursing.
Blank
167_tn?1374177417
I have heard from a number of people that they lost all their baby weight when they were DONE with breastfeeding and not during. For me this has been the case also. I have a HUGE appetite while breastfeeding and I can't seem to control it. I also have about 5 lbs to go, but I am bigger up on top and in the waistline and I am thinking it will go away once I stop breastfeeding. I HOPE!! This is my fifth child, but the first one I have breastfed. I had no troubles whatsoever losing all of my pregnancy weight within just a few months. I am going on 8 months and I am still packing on a few extra pounds. Yuck.
Blank
i lost my baby weight plus a few more with this baby, but im having a hard time losing more.  maybe my body isnt letting it go because addison has been eating so much lately.  i know when i was walking it was coming off more easily, now i just need to get the energy back to do that again.  my goal was too lose more by the time my dh comes home but i am not sure i will succeed.  good luck! 5 pounds is nothing.
Blank
118074_tn?1228332603
I've lost an extra 10 lbs after 7 months of nursing.  I'd say 5 after my son was weaned and 5 during.  
Blank
148057_tn?1231430591
Thanks for the comments!  I feel better that I will be able to take this middle section down a bit!  Keep the positive comments coming!!!!  =)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank