Maternal & Child Community
Weird period or possible miscarriage!!!!!!!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

AF is supposed to come 3/11. I've had bad cramps since 3/3 and started spotting on 3/4 off and on reddish brown until yesterday. The spotting would become heavier when I did something strenuous. Up to yesterday morning it came heavy because I walked to work. When I got to work it stopped but I was still cramping badly. Then last night I was cramping badly and around 7pm I felt a gush,when I went to the bathroom I passed some very small clots and the blood was bright red. The bleeding has gotten heavier and I am now passing tissue like material. I am concerned as to if I was pregnant and had an early miscarriage or if all of this was just a weird period. This has never happened before. If I ttc next month where would I count from as far as ovulation. The day I started spotting or from yesterday when all of this happened. Need some advice!!!
Did you take a HPT to confirm?  You should still have some hcg left if you are and that would be yuor first step is to find out if you are preggo.  Can you call the doc?
Well I took an hpt on 10dpo 3/4 and 12 dpo 3/6 when I was spotting and I got 2 BFN. I just found it strange because I have never spotted in between periods unless I was pregnant. I will look into the endometriosis though. I do cramp before periods but never a week before only 2 days before and not that bad.
You could take it again because you should defintely have a BFP by now if you are preggo!
Good Luck!
Have you ever been checked for endometriosis (sp?) What you described sounds like it could be that. You'll have irregular bleeding that can be really heavey, and clear/cloudy skin like bands or whatever (tissue) come out, and bad cramping. Is this your 1st time of it happening? I used to have really bad AFs before my 1st pg. So bad I would have to call off work, or go home early, then do a couple shots of whiskey just to help numb the pain, which is also a bloodthinner. I know how bad that sounds too. I would definitely take a pg test though. It should still register, although it'll be faint. I recently had a very slow m/c that lasted for 3 straight weeks and finally had a D&C.

Good luck and please keep us updated
Lots of babydust~*~*~*~~*~*~*~*
Ok, I'm a little confused or maybe I missed something. I was trying to follow your older posts. You said in the last question (what's going on) that your LMP was 3/11, but now you're saying that it was supposed to come then. And you were supposed to O around 3/25 and you BD around those dates. THe spotting you experienced around 3/3 mlght have been O bleeding. And what you're having now might be implantation bleeding. You would be now just 13 DPO, which might not register on a HPT. I would wait it out and take another HPT in a couple of days. From what you're saying now, if you got pg at the beg of march, then it would definitely be + now as that would put you at 7 wks pg..Like I said, i'm a little confused.
Sorry my LMP was 3/11. It is supposed to come 4/8. Typing too fast.
That makes more sense to me now. Then that would put you at just 4 weeks pg, which for some women is too early to test. It really depends upon when you O'ed and when it implanted. You might have implanted and that caused some of the old blood to come out. It kind of makes it nicer for the baby. You might also have clots during it. I know I did. I don't know what else the tissue would be though. Was it that big? Liver/gray stringy looking stuff? or did you see a little bubble like sac. I've seen a few different things in my days. If you were just a couple weeks pg, you might get a faint line, and you were indeed m/c'ing and you might see a tiny, tiny bubble coming out or that liver looking stuff. But if I'm guessing it was some of your lining, the tissue you saw.

I remember w/my last pg (conceived end of dec/beg of Jan) I spotted before I knew I was pg, kept spotting thru the time I should have gotten AF and had some heavy duty implantation bleeding a little after. It was weird. But I didn't get a BFP until after all that bleeding stopped, which I continued to spot every couple days until the last couple of weeks.

If something like this happens again, tell your OB to have you checked for endometriosis. You'll see parts of your lining with that too.
Well it was stringy liver like looking stuff and I wouldn't think for a moment that if I was indeed pregnant I could still be after all of that; it would be miracle. I will definately try to schedule an obgyn appointment and inquire about the endrometriosis. But when in the world will I be ovulating??? Would I count from 3/4 when I started spotting or from yesterday when I started bleeding heavy?
I'm not exactly sure when to start counting. I've often wondered myself. People always say from when the 1st blood comes in, which is distinguished from spotting. Plus it shouldn't matter too much what day you start counting since it's only a day apart. Maybe just start BDing a day or two early. Or just BDing everyday to ensure conception once the bleeding stops. I've heard that people with endometriosis often have a hard time conceiving, something with the uterine wall, and if they do, then there's a higher chance of m/c, but I could be wrong about that.