Went into labor at 29 weeks!
As Rubyolivia posted, I went into labor on Friday! The baby looked great and so did I, so after getting the contractions stopped and monitoring my urine for 24 hours, I was released this morning. Basically I am not allowed to do ANYTHING because we want to hold this little guy off as long as we can. The good news is that at 29 weeks, my NICU has a 96% survival rate. So, I am confident in my specialist and his team. Thanks everyone for the prayers, and thanks Jess for keeping everyone posted! I am sure you will be hearing more from me soon since I am on bedrest!!!!
Wow!  Im glad everything turned out ok for you and your little guy!!  Im 27 weeks and would be sooo scared to go through that right now.  Its amazing that they are able to stop contractions like that.  Was there a reason your contractions started in the first place?  Just so we can all be cautious or was it just one of those unexplained things?   Im glad you are both doing well!
Good news! I went into PTL at 26 weeks with my oldest and managed to keep him in so long i ended up induced, so there is lots of hope! Strictly adhere to all of your doc's instructions, bedrest is vital to keeping that bugger in. I didn't get up except to piddle, shower, and throw up (yes, I was blessed with m/s late with that one too) I still went in and out of the hospital a few more times due to dehydration sparking contractions, but he cooked to term.
Glad they were able to stop the labor.  I'm also happy you have such strong confidence in your doctor.  That's important during stressful times.  Good luck!
Really happy to hear that things are doing better for you!  I will keep you in my prayers and hang in there!
Hey girly! I'm happier than ever that you are home! I was sooooo sooooo worried. My poor pregnant brain was taken over when I got that text from Mike! I was sitting there bawling and Jeremy was just shaking his head laughing at me! Anyhow.....give Ashtyn Michael a little pat for me! (And tell him to keep his little butt in there.....I can't have my August birthing buddy go ahead of me! lol)
i agree theres definatly hope! i went into labor serveral times starting at i think 24 or 26 weeks, enough so that my cervix was begining to change, they really thought i would have her early, but i stayed off my feet and took the meds they gave me (did they give you a pill to take to stop contractions?) i was on the trabutaline pill every 4 hours until i was 36 weeks, my doctor was amazed i lasted until term, and he gave me the go ahead to start doing things, and i ended up having her aout a day before her due date! as said above staying hydrated is a must, keep those feet up and relax (easier said then done huh) im so glad that your little guy has agreed to stay in there a little longer, lets hope 7 weeks will fly bye!
Take care of yourself.  Follow the docs instructions to the letter.

Prayers for the safe and healthy delivery of your full term baby.
Take care & glad to hear you & baby are O.k,Cooking some more.I'm 30 wks & as much as my back & feet hurt.And sometimes I'm ready to have this little girl,I know we still have a couple wks to go,Keep us updated!
Hey guys!!!! I am laying in bed....FUN! Not really...! Anyway, when I went to the hospital I was given a shot to stop the contractions and was told I was dialted to two and my cervix had gotten fairly thin. When i got to the specialist, they told me I was only dialted to one. I was shocked because when they released me, they did not give me any of the medications that were mentioned to keep contractions from coming back. I figured they would put me on brethine (spelling) but was given nothing. So I am just kinda sitting here hoping no contractions start...since I didn't feel the ones in the beginning anyway. They had to tell me I was having them!!! Other then that, the steroid shots HURT LIKE HELL for anyone that has never had them...avoid them at all cost. Other then that, I will be here in bed if anyone needs anything!!!
im 29 weeks pregnant and am in preterm labor...i got two shots of breathine....and a whole lot of pills to stop the contractions..i also had two shots of steroids to help her develop her lungs quickly because the dr told me i was at high risk to have her in 2 weeks...he is trying to keep her in there until 37 weeks...im on medicine at home to stop contractions and on strict bedrest...but i hope that i keep her in there until then...we dont have a nicu close by i would have to be airlifted if i was to go early so hopefully everything goes as planned...but i have faith..
Hey there! I was put on bed rest in the hospital and ended up having Ashtyn at 31 weeks due to the cord being around his neck. He was in the NICU for 6.5 weeks, but everything turned out okay because I recieved the steriod shots for his lungs!!! Hopefully you can hold off a few more weeks! Good Luck! If you want to know anymore about my experience, let me know!
I didn't know that you were pregnant with another one?  I thought you just had your little boy!  That is so exciting!!!
good to hear. take it easy.
lol.....if you guys check the date, that was from when I gave birth to Ashtyn, 8 months ago:)
WOW - so I missed this completely.  I am glad you are home and doing ok.  Keep that little booger in there as long as you can!!  My thoughts and prayers are with you.
lol......LADIES....I had Ashtyn 8 months ago!!! I am NOT pregnant again....lol LOOK at the dates!!!!!
TOLD YOU I'M SLEEP DEPRIVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I knew something wasn't right - geez these boys and their gas have me all screwed up!!!!   :) hee hee
lol....you are silly!!!
Aw, glad to hear everyone is okay, take care and keep that little one in there, maybe you need to ground him!
hi just joined, im 29weeks pregnant. Does any1 know how to get rid of heartburn??