Maternal & Child Community
Went to labor and delivary 4 times last week
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Went to labor and delivary 4 times last week

Well after my appointment on Monday I had started having contractions about 6. They got really regular at about 9 and continued, so at midnight I called the doctor and he told me to go to the hospital. They checked me and I had changed from fingertip dialation to 1-2 cm. They gave me a shot to stop the contractions since I was only 35 weeks. It helped and I went home about 5. Then they started back and I went to the dr office and they sent me back to the hospital and this time I was dilated 2-3, but then my contractions slowed down on their own. So then Wednesday night they started again and I was back at the hospital, and dialated to 3. They gave me another shot and it stopped them for a while, but then they came back. My cervix had stopped dialating so they sent me home the next morning. Then I was back again with horrible contractions the next night but my cervix had not dialated anymore, so they sent me home. I am still having contractions, though now they are not as regular.

I had another appt. today and the dr. said I am now pass the premature mark so I don't have to come in to have them stop contractions anymore. She said to now stay very active and so hopefully I will have Alex before my due date.

Also my mucous plug came out, so hopefully it starts soon.
Mandi