Maternal & Child Community
What are you naming your babies???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

What are you naming your babies???

With so many hot topic discussions I figured I would do a fun one today. :)   What are you all naming your babies?
If we have a girl her name is going to be Quinn Diane.
If we have a boy he will be Kyle Neil.
If we have a girl my DH and I would like to name her Veronika Nicole, but my DD does not like the Veronika though she loves Nicole sincer her middle name is Nicole too. If it is a boy we are not sure yet, but thinking of Matheo Nicolas. Who knows. Have not done my research on the boy names yet. Maybe will get a hint here.
I totaly forgot, my DH and I were joking that we will call our baby the "ZOFRAN" baby, since I have been on the medication for the last 6 and 1/2 weeks. LOL
We're planning on calling our little boy Quinton Robert... we'll call him Quinn for short.
Hey, call me boting but for a boy I like Julian or Matthew, and for a girl Leanne.But at 8 weeks we haen't given it much thought.
I think Brody is really cute for a boy, and Sophia, Paige or Isabelle(after my grandmother) for a girl.
My first girl will be Sonja Grace. For boys names I like Austin, Aiden and Noah.
I'm partial to the name Zinc, myself.  Goes well with my last name.
Can you post the yahoo forum address so I can see some of your precious pictures? I posted on your yesterday post...congrats on your boy. So exciting!
My daughter's name is Brianna Faye.  If my next is a boy it will be Braxton Michael another girl name not sure but I like Nakia Lynn
Ocksyde.

Really.  I always thought it would be funny to name a boy Zinc to go along.
We like the name Jackson, Shiloh (for a boy but that's out now that Brad and Angelina did it for a girl), Shadrach (Shad- last name is schultz- thought shad schultz would be funny-but that mayjust be a joke), my friend just had an aidan...don't know any for girls...we do like Bo, but we can't find a name to get it from that she could call herself if she doesn't like Bo.  We'll see. Alexa and Reese are cute too.
For boys I also like Hunter, Matthew, Luke, Joel, that's all I can think of right now =)
Such cute names!! I'm not pg yet, but when it happens, I've got all kinds of ideas for names (hope dh agrees!) :)

I like Jaydon Ryan for a boy and Madyson Avery for a girl. I also like Braedon, Braelyn, and Jaidlyn. Notice how I have an obsession with names that end with on or yn? :P
Thanks!  Here it is, please join us!

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/conception_tour_2006/
I am 15 weeks tomorrow!
We have a good idea already of names - we had the boy picked out since I had a miscarriage in Dec - just came up w/girl

boy = bode, bodie or bodhi dane
girl = kira brynn

good luck to all!
we don't really have any boys names yet, but I do have a book that I am looking through.

as for girls, we are leaning towards either Rachel Linda Louise OR Analisa Linda Louise.

The reason for the Linda Louise is that my grandmother had a baby girl between my uncle and my dad (her 2nd baby), and she died shortly after she was born, her cord was wrapped around her neck. I want honor and memorialize her name and keep it in the family.
Don't worry jen023, I'm with you on the -on and the -yn.  It makes them cuter, and I really like your names:)
Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only one! :) I like your names too - I also know someone who has twin girls and one of them is named Shiloh but I have heard it for a boy too - and I really like it either way.
I already have a Cameron (Cam) and a Tate. I am thinking Tessa Rose (Tess) for a girl, and Casey Dent (Case) for a boy...... I have a really long Italian last name, and I like how one syllable names sound with it.
I, more than likely, am not pregnant atm, but when I become pregnant (will say "when" and not "if"), for a boy I like the name: Zavery Christopher (my husband's name is Chris and neither of us like a junior, but I wanted his name in there somewhere).

For a girl, I like the name Tyrany or Felicity.  Or Ariellia.  I like Victorian sounding or exotic names.  My step daughter is Kirsten Cheyenne, or K.C.  which sounds like we are saying: Kacey.
I need some help with boys name!
I have always likes the name Sydney or Paige for a girl. As for a boy, we had a hard enough time coming up with the name Trenton for our son. My husband is so picky. He always had some excuse such as I have too many friends named that or I knew someone named that in high school and he was jerk. He is so silly.
if your like us we couldn't come up with a boys name at all and we've been discussing for the longest time.  well, that's all the same because were haveing a girl.  3d ultrasounds are great!  her name will be lillian Rose.
my son's name is Matthew Hunter.  
I also like:
Gage
Andrew
Jackson

My son's name is Dalton. My next names will be:

BOY--Kendall Blake

GIRL--Kendall Shelby
ooo i love the name game!!!  Our sons name will be Kannan!!  I like too many girls name to mention.  I love the girl name Matayah, but we know someone that has a lil girl named this already.
I made a deal with my DH... he could pick the girl's name and I would choose the boy's.  Maybe a little sneaky of me since I'm pretty sure it's gonna be a boy, but who knows, I might be surprised!  Kaylie Renee for a girl (DH made a good choice!) and Declan Mark for a boy.
my son's name is caleb. i have met some people with very interesting names. boy- race- chase-soly  girls i liked the name savannah but the dh said no its a porn name lol. i have a friend whos dd is stevie i love it! niece is logan. cousins larkin and waverly. nephew keaton. lots of options out there!!
We have decided on naming our little girl Lily Ann
We are having a boy and naming him Landon Carter
I currently have two children.  

A boy, Brayden Cole, and a girl, Madison Nicole... my name is Nicole, they are both named after me.

When I finally get pregnant, if it's a boy, we'll name him Caleb or Dylan, if it's a girl, Chloe.

I have a whole list of names I really like, if you want more. :)
Girl: Cadence or Genevieve
Boy: Tristan or Luke

Not sure which one yet!!!
I'm having a girl and I'm kind of glad as far as names go, I really had troubling thinking of any boy names that I really liked. My main goal is to have a fairly unique name, I go to the the social security website and look up a name, it shows if it is on the top 1,000 list for 2005 etc. My name is Jennifer and it is the #2 name for the year I was born, Ugh! Growing up I think I was in 5th grade before I realized my name wasn't Jen C. There was also a Jen D. and a Jen K.  I have 3 siblings and they all were in college before they met someone with the same name as them.
We like Doria or Dorea. Also, Lillia, ALexandria, Analiza. ( I tend to like the names that end with ia or a).
My DH is getting his Ph.D. for Religion so we are looking for Greek and Hebrew names that have a special meaning. Dorea is a variation of "gift".
for a bot i have three names Dominic, Dimitri, Nicoli, and for a girl, Brooklyn, Mary Kathrine, Gullci-anna, and good old classic Natilie
If it's a girl, we're leaning towards Lauren Marie or Rachel Marie.
If it's a boy, we love the names Gabriel or Loren (just a different spelling from the girl name).
Elijah, Carson (called Kit), Riley, Columbus, James, and Montgomery (Monty) are all names of young boys in my family.  It depends so much on the last name!  The goal seems to be some rhythym or connectedness between the two.  Also, my sisters and cousins would chat about names at family gatherings to be sure the names they were choosing wouldn't be the cause of playground teasing (i.e., not Jay Day), and there was some concern about cutsie spellings that would drive the kid crazy having to explain it to every teacher at the beginning of every school year.
Ameera(means leader, or princess in Arabic) Aziza(will be her middle name--means precious)
just curious, what is your last name.  

I think quinn is a great name for a girl or a boy for that matter.

I love the name Noah for a boy
for those of you who like those YN names, my daughters name is Kaelyn.  I just love it!!!!
For boys name I like Ryan but not sure about another girls name.
Well what woman hasn't thought up some names for her future children.
For girls I like Tyler, Rianne (Ryan), Azia, or Brenna.
For boys I like Cruz, Rory, or Dante.
But I like some of the names I am seeing here too!  I will add them to my list.

Well, my husband comes from a family of 9 kids (6 boys) so we had a hard time with boys names...

Girl: Madeline Christine
Boy: Timothy James
Had these picked out since I was 17...I am 29 and trying to concieve (conceive) my first baby after a dnc 3 weeks ago,been trying for 6 years but found out last month my uterus lining was thick and enlarged so they said the dnc would cure it!Hope they're right!

girl:Destiny Cheyenne
boy:Nathanial Justice
We're thinking Hannah Kylee if it's a girl and either Jonah or Joshua if it's a boy.  Best wishes everyone!! :)
well my other kids names are  Mckaylee ann and Braden Thomas.

if this one is a Boy, I like, Caspen Issac, Zavree Joseph, Zain Tyler, Tristan Lucas, or Emery Ryan...

if it is a girl it is for sure Lilycia. after my grandma.

What boy name do you all like out of my choices. We need help..
Wow!  Those are gorgeous names!!  It's hard to choose-they're all very unique!  I really like Tristan and Emery!  Let us know which you choose.  Best wishes!
Well;; I've been trying to get pregnant for about 2 weeks now. I got off the pill midpack and got my period for the second time this month. Anyways the way my ovulation is going I will hit my peak on August 21st. The strange thing is;; is that marks the 3rd year my Dad has been dead. He was my best friend. Also;; it is the only day that me and my fiance will have the house to ourselves because everyone is working double shifts except us. If I do get pregnant;; I will use these names.

boy= aiden. simon. paul. levi. kenny.
girl= madison.

the girls name is set in stone. lol. i love that name.

anywhoo;; if anyone has any advice on getting pregnant fast;; please email me @ miss_samantha0990***@****

thanks!

mantha
We are having a BOY!!His name will be Blake Zayden. If it was a girl we were thinking of  Bailey Michelle or Bailey Jo.
I like the name GIRL: Zoeanna Allise and BOY: Zander Erick