Maternal & Child Community
What are you wishing for

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

What are you wishing for

Just wanted to know what everyone wanted a Boy or a Girl? I have a beautiful DD who is 3 so I would love a Boy but will take whatever I get as I'm sure everyone feels the same.

Aslo With DD the heartrate was 160 every time I have heard that high rate = girl   lower = boy. And with my DD I looked rough, My DH even said yesterday  "you must be having a boy b/c you look so pretty, With Emma you looked horrable" Nice huh!LOL
To me, I really dont care if its a boy or a girl.  I already an blessed with two gorgeous girls, 6 and 4, and I really just want this baby to grow and thrive and be healthy.  Hubby would like his baby boy, but really, at this point, we're just hoping for ten fingers and ten toes.
I have a teenage daughter so really would like a boy, but as you said a healthy baby is blessing enough, at my 20 week scan they told me its a boy but I am still guessing as I have heard they are not always accurate with determination of sex.
hugs
I would love to have a boy so I can name him the name I always dreamed of Braxton Michael.  But whatever I am blessed with so be it as long as it is healthy.

My DD is 20 months old and when I was pregnant with her I never was sick and the heartbeat was 160+.  With this pregnancy I am sick as adog and the heartbeat was 167 on Monday.
Then I must be having a girl! I get a new pimple EVERYDAY, literally. :) I know it's all worth it! If I could pick, I would have twin boys. But I will be just as happy with whatever God gives us! I have a feeling I am having a girl (I know you probably think I am nuts) I am only 6w 4d. I am also really scared that I am going to gain like 60 pounds. We'll see. I have an u/s tonight, hopefully we'll see something. Have a good day!
I go back and forth.  Really, all I want is for this baby to be healthy and to know how much it is loved.
After my daughter told me I was pregnant, she told me that Jesus told her the baby is a girl. I would have hoped for a girl anyway, but since I really have no reason to think she's wrong. Anyhow, I already have all the girl stuff, and I think girls are so much fun. My husband wouldn't mind all girls either.
As long as the lil bug is healthy I will be happy with either. I know DH would love a son to teach to tinker on Harley's but heck even a girl can do that. :)
Of course, like everyone else, I just really want a healthy baby, but I do go back and forth about what I would rather have. I have one boy already, so I wouldn't mind having another one. I already know how to handle one, plus I have all of the clothes. On the other hand, I think that it would be fun to have a girl to take shopping and do her hair. We had such hard time coming up with our first son's name and I already have a girl's name picked out, Sydney (I haven't decided on a middle name yet). Everyone in my family wants me to have a girl.
My post dissappeared-very strange. I didn't post anything even remotely mean. Just said I hoped my twins were a girl and a boy and yet my post was removed. Hmnnn. I don't want to sound paranoid, but maybe someone is trying now to have me booted?
This pregnancy has been completely different from my pg with dd 3 years ago and yet I'm having another girl! We haven't told our friends and family but they're all convinced it's a little boy because I look and feel soooooooooooooooooo different. Until my u/s I too was convince I was having a ds so I guess all the pregnancy myths are false!
i hoping for a girl, but i will be happy with either as long as my baby is healthy. but rooting for a GIRL
I personally dont care what comes first. I want at least one of each (ya, I know how much that plays a factor in what you actually get!! Hahaha). I have a feeling it is a girl this time. I always want to say she when I talk about the baby. We will see though.

My brother on the other hand has decided that if it is not a boy that he can teach boy things to to not even bother. So, my little bro may be infor a little reality check here!
I have a DD and on my second pregnancy, i mc so now on my 3rd pregnancy, I dont care either way.  I am due 5 days from my dd birthday so if i have a girl we are so set with clothes and if it get a boy, great ill have one of each.
I'm not pg - yet - (at least I wasn't last month - hoping for a different outcome this month!) but I wanted to jump in here too(it's just too much fun talking about these kinds of things!)...

When I do get pg - I am with an earlier poster: I don't care which I get first, but I also want one of each (and more if I am blessed with them!) DH definitely wants a boy bc he is big into hunting and fishing and he wants to teach him all of that. Of course, right now I just want to be pg - and I will be beyond happy when that happens! :)
I would love to have a little girl since I already have a little boy (he's 2.5).  But at this point, after all this **** I have been through I dont care one way or the other.  I am not going to be mad if I have another boy.  I would love either one as long as he/she is healthy! I am not finding out until the baby is born.  I dont wanna know the sex...AT ALL!  My DH does but I dont so we arent finding out.  I love the thought of being suprised when the doctor pulls him/her out.  I am having another C-section (scheduled) due to my pelvis being too narrow!  

BABY DUST TO ALL!!

Jen023:  Good luck this go around.  I am rooting for you for sure.  LOTS OF BABY DUST!!
AHHH, I want a girl. I have a boy and when I was prego with him my skin was perfect, now I am all broken out and dry and oily. I hate it, I even have zits on my neck....SORRY TMI!!!! The hardest part for me is trying to imagine a boy just a s perfect as my DS. It cannot be? So, I want a girl. One of each would be great, if not, here comes the soccer mommy!!

Thanks so much!!! After hearing about your BFP, it has renewed my hope! :p I will test on Saturday or Sunday if AF doesn't show - and let you all know on Monday!
Any healthy, happy baby is fine with me! It's all I've ever wanted in life and I, too, love the idea of being surprised. I fantasize about the moment the doctor tells you.  : )
This is my first and there is an excellent chance of my having twins (runs in my family) and THAT idea is REALLY exciting! Would LOVE it!
I just want a healthy baby!!!!!!  I find out in three weeks what i'm having and let me tell  you, I am very excited!!!  Everyone tells me i'm having a girl so we'll see.
I have no idea why but I keep searching for little girl names, i have a million of them I like, but then again, I see me giving birth to a boy, ain't that something??    I'll keep ya'll posted! :)  I hope you all get what ya want!
I had a miscarriage on my last one.  For this one when I was about 7 weeks along, all I wanted was a viable pregnancy, no miscarriage.  When I was 12 weeks along, all I wanted was my huge cyst to go away so I won't need a surgical removal.  Then everything is coming along fine, I wanted to have a boy right before my 18 week ultrasound.  I guess it's must be me that's being to greedy or is is human nature.
I feel guilty to admit wanting a boy so badly.  They are just so active.  Even though it's my first pregnancy, the fact that the technican was so sure it's a girl really disappointed me.  It took me a while to get over it.  My maiden family's side has lots of boys and they are all so active.  My DH's side only have girls and everyone is desperate for me to have a boy.  Some fortune teller told me that I will only have boys and nothing else.  I hope he doesn't mean I'll have girls and nothing else.  My hair stylist told me she knew someone that had 7 girls and finally a boy on the 8th.  I can't imagine even having 3 kids at this point.

My baby's heartbeat was 170 at 10 weeks, 153 at 17 weeks, and 145 at 22 weeks.  They are all above 140, but seems to be dropping down.  I don't have pimples, but never feel pretty because of the weight gain.  I'm carrying very low, no morning sickness, just leg cramps.  What is the chance the technican is wrong about the baby girl?
Hey.  I am hoping for a girl, b/c I have a dear 6 yr old son.  I've miscarried 5 times on one of them was a girl.  This is crazy, but fun, but you guys should do the chinese gender predictor on the internet.  It says I'm having a girl.  It's based on what month you conceived and your age at that time.  I inputed my mom, sister, friends to test on the kids they already have and everyone was accurate! Good luck for many happy babies!
Bummer.  According to the Chinese Predictor, I'm having a girl!  I guess at least my DH got want he wishes.
I did that with my last PG & it said Boy & I had a girl. This time it says girl so we will see!
Did you want a girl or boy?  If you want one of each, hope your u/s was wrong.  

As someone suggested on another post, I tried the gender predictor.  The baby gender predictor said I'm having a boy, and the Chinese Gender predictor said I'm having a girl.  It looks like the baby gender predictor has 67% accuracy and the Chinese gender predictor has 80% accuracy, according to poll.  So, I am not having my hopes high on my part.
hey everyone im new to this but i've read some of your stuff and you have been so helpful, so thanks is in order to all of you, now to answer the question, im about 8 weeks along in my pregnancy, and im really hoping for a boy but every baby gender predictor says im gonna have a girl, i guess in the end all that matters is that its a healthy curious bouncing baby, i just dont think i would know what to with a girl :( how does everyone like the name teresa though?? carson if its miraculously a boy??? good luck to all of you TTC and already conceived big HUGZ to all of you